Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bike related thing is in the post to you right now ...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ARX

Minimum purchase for free delivery from Wiggle (for me at least) is €35.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I have a brake rotor on its way from bike-components.de. Ordered on Monday and has reached Dublin's postal hub today, Friday, so will probably be Tuesday before it reaches me. Which means I'll miss that sportive I signed up for that's on this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭G1032

Ya. It's €35 minimum now before 'free' delivery. And expect it to take most of the 8 working days to be delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Finally got funds (and a working credit card) and ordered a nice set of Hunt 50mm carbon wheels for the good bike, plus a new chain and new GP5000s. Should all arrive just in time to be put away in the shed for winter!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

new 26" rear mtb wheel, racing ralph and racing ray tyres , thule roof rack wheel carrier

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ss573

I'm looking for a reflective vest which I can wear at night. I am not sure if I can get it from my closest cycle store for cheap. Or should I look for a construction store? Construction workers also use this :thinks:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,790 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

a cycle specific reflective top will fit better than some generic construction vest which will be flapping about in the wind.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Definitely not just you, the search function on this site has always been painfully useless. Especially annoying when the site was un-navigable for a while there.

Invested in a new, larger sized, round of bib shorts 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭wijam

Ordered a few new energy bars to try out. Had went to Wiggle to order, but they only had 6 bars available, way down on there usual stock. Ordered from sigmasports.com instead, first time using them, one issue is you need to spend over €100 for free delivery, otherwise it costs €6

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Need to replace my front shifter and have found it difficult to source a 105 ST-R7000. Most places either don't have them with no idea when they'll get them in or there's a two or three month waiting period.

Found one on alltricks.com for a price (delivered) less than most other places and it was in stock so ordered it yesterday. It is apparently on its way to me with an ETA between Saturday and Tuesday. Can't fault that service at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭PeaSea

A bike is bike related, right ?

A new Trek FX1 Stagger Disc (for my wife to use) is on it's way. Quite excited.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The 105 shifter that I ordered on Wednesday from Alltricks.com was delivered from France on Saturday morning. Very happy with that service.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Winter is coming so mudguards. SKS Raceblade XL Pro.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Not in the post, but I just bought a bottle of the very best chain oil in the local bricks and mortar for €11.50.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Some rear lights from alltricks as my see.sense icon was nicked

BMC Roadmachine, should be here next week hopefully,

Not in the post to me, but back to Wiggle without delivery having being attempted. Second time this has happened to me from a UK retailer recently

I've noticed that Wiggle's stock is getting rather thin over the last few months. Things I've ordered from them before are no longer available.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Ordered a pair of 3/4 length bibshorts & knee warmers from Galibier on Mon morning, got in from work at 3pm on Tues, there they were in the porch. Impressive. They always include a freebie, this time it was a pair of socks, they were so big that I reckon Ronald MacDonald would find them too much. But who's complaining????????

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Carbon fork for my old croix de fer, to see if it'll give it more life.

Got one from a triban after ages searching. I'd found a few suitable, but the prices were absolutely mental. This has just about the right offset and axle to crown measurement and can take 42mm tyre apparently.

Nipped up to decathlon to get their only flatmount to post-mount adapter that they found in a spares box in the the workshop. Now I wait,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,492 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

RSA will send you these for free, along with great yellow helmet covers and pannier covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Pair of Duke Road Runner 22 wheels with CarbonTi hubs from WheelTec.nl (who make good wheels, have excellent customer service and generous warranty...and are in the EU). Specced them with 24+28 spokes, so that some v.light touring isn't out of the question. If only my Cervelo R3 took bigger tyres, I'd put 32++ on them...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Can you post up how you get on with that? I have a newer CdF and would consider this upgrade, although ideally not at 400e or so for the Genesis fork. I'd need thru axle and flat mount

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭stevencn88

Just ordered a Roubaix Pro jersey and a Torumalet 3 jacket from Galibier, hopefully I got the sizing right and that they arrive soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

got my clip on mud guards and new overshoes from bike discount.de

ordered last Friday, arrived yesterday. nice

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭stevencn88

Took delivery this morning at about 11:30, just over 26 hours from time of ordering to when the doorbell rang. Can't ask for better!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭philten

Few bits from 360cycles but silicone cover for 530 edge for €5 is a bargain.

https://www.360cycles.ie/garmin-silicone-case-for-edge-530-black.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Advertisement