Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭airy fairy

In the earlier cohorts, it seemed to be the year they were born, not the age.

Try registering online.

It won't take him on the system if he's not eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

Is anyone getting text messages from HSE for a booster jab appointment ?

I don't know anyone who's got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

It's walkup (currenty age 40+). No text required.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,227 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Absolutely flying through them here in Cork. Lots going to pharmacies and GPs as well.

Talking about people in their 40s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

55 haven't heard from the HSE yet, but managed to secure an appointment in a pharmacy later this week.

I'm not great with crowds and the pictures I have seen from the nearest walk-in vaccination centre were enough to know it wasn't for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I was advised not to wait for the text but go for a walk in or try a pharmacy by a Dublin based GP.

Didn't matter though as my GP contacted me and I'm scheduled this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,846 ✭✭✭Russman

I got pretty lucky by ringing my GP last week after they got rid of the 15min wait time. He's doing a full day of vaccines this week on Thursday and I have a slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ShayNanigan

Same here, GP messaged me they're doing four days of vaccines so in I go on Thursday too.

No message from HSE but then I didn't think they'd be so fast about it. I just wish there was another way of answering their message than "Reject". I'd rather answer "Vaxxed" so they'd know I didn't decline the vaccine, just that I already got it.

Post edited by ShayNanigan on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Appointment for booster with GP on Wednesday. Had a covid test today so hoping I'll get the all clear in time. 35 with underlying health issues

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I was getting them last week and sure to work I put it off three times. I'm finished work now till next year so I got a text today for Wednesday which I'm going to take.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Dubwat

Like some of the 50+ y.o. above, I was wondering what was happening with my appointment. HSE website said to wait for the text. Just as I was about to panic, got a phone call late last week for a booster shot on 29th Dec with my GP. Previous 2 jabs were via DCU. Booster takes a week to fully activate so I won't be fully immunized until Jan :(

I've met quite a people in 25/30-ish--50 age group who claim to have gotten appointments (not walk-in) before me.

Still undecided whether to look for a walk-in clinic but I guess it's too late to protect me & my family for Xmas dinner...

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭FrStone

27, no underlying health issues. Got Pfizer booster yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Got a walk in booster yesterday evening, Moderna vaccine. 10 minutes in and out. My wife has been rung 3 times this week to call to her GP for booster even though first two jabs were done in vaccination centre. She isn’t 40. Girl who gave me the booster said it’s worth more to GP’s to administer the booster. My wife’s gp is in a large medical centre that won’t take on any more clients and can be extremely difficult to get a gp appointment. Greed is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭SamStonesArm

38 , Waterford . It was a house call , got it yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

There are appointments available in Swords which are all for tomorrow am.

https://covid19booster.healthservice.ie/hse-self-referral/?flow=booster

• Registered Users Posts: 15,236 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

35 Meath, got a text from the blue from my GP. 10th of January

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Hoop66

55 Dun Laoghaire. Got a text from my GP last week, had apt yesterday. In and out in les than 10 mins. No side-effects other than sore arm - was worried as the 2nd Pfizer knocked the bollix out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Hoop66

• Registered Users Posts: 81,073 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Do you need to re-register or do anything? I previously registered with HSE and got done via them at vaccination centre, currently in the age group being vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

More or less same. 34 and got a text from GP that I didn't even get the vaccines from originally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭solerina

I am over 40 and just went to a vaccination centre walk in clinic, didn’t get anything from the original registration.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,886 ✭✭✭✭Stark

39, no underlying conditions. Rang a local Boots and they gave me a vaccine from a no-show appointment. Apparently they had loads of people arriving for their appointments then turning their noses us when they found out it was Moderna.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

6year old received his first dose appointment for Saturday morning in Swords.

I registered him yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭ax530

2012 child register today got appt text for Sunday in the West !

Pity can't register siblings together and get appointment same time

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭tfeldi

Registered my daughter (7 years old) very early on Monday and got appointment for Wednesday (tomorrow) evening in RDS Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Got appointment for my 7 year old but not 10 yr old. It says online you can bring kids together even if their appointments aren’t at the same time, so I’ll be bringing both. I’m sure by then the 10yr old will have got a text too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Swords on Sunday evening for a 2016 baby here. Registered yesterday evening.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

As per the HSE website, 1 appointment will do for multiple children;

More than one child

You need to register each child separately. But if you have more than one child getting vaccinated, you can bring them to the same appointment time, even if their appointments are on different days.

This means that families will only have to travel once for each vaccine dose.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Wow, registered two kids in 5-11 category yesterday, no appointments yet - neither are high risk but it said could take 2 weeks to get an appointment.

Am in South Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭cgc5483

South Dublin as well. Registered 5 and 7 year old yesterday before lunch. Got text with Sat morning appointment for 5 year within about 5-6 hours. Still nothing for 7 year but will bring him along as pointed out by others above

Advertisement