Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

great...what was the exterior color(white?) ours executive still not arrived in Dublin :( ....yours dublin or elsewhere ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,439 ✭✭✭eagerv

Ours white exterior, at Bolands Waterford. Will try and get a few pics in an hour or so, but will be dark if outside..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

Down for executive ourselves and neither of us were mad on the dimples on the exec plus we saw in the dealers either, so if they got dropped as in those pictures, it would be a nice upgrade in our view.

Be interested in any other pics of interior of executive when people see it. Won't see ours til Feb!

I will post up some later all going well. Can't find any other on line (Should be similar to UK SE Connect) though their spec not as good as our Executive and more expensive..

Think I got a bit of a scoop a few posts back..😁

Yeah went digging for UK spec picture myself. But hard to follow because the pricing seems so different and they have all sorts of option packs which even the exec appears to come with.

Also seems a lot of UK customers very excited by lack of automatic handles. 😕 😆

• Advertisement

Executive 58kWh.

Pity it was dark, but looks very well in real life. And more important, Swimbo loves her new car.😍.

Doesn't feel cheap, plenty of soft touch on dash and other touch points (Except rear door armrests). Seats look well and comfy. LED headlights seem powerful, with bright interior LEDs.

May well be second week in Jan before we can collect, so many cars before us. And paint treatment will take a few days.

Sorry pics a bit large, but handy for picking up detail..

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Summer2020

That looks very well in fairness. I much prefer the executive seats to the exec plus which given the price difference is crazy. Not mad on them dimples at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭The Mist

Very nice! Great pictures!! Thanks for sending them!

I'll be getting same car also in Waterford except cyber grey!

Thanks for pictures, not that it makes much difference but we went for white too! Dealer has chassis number as of last few days so all getting closer.

I like the interior, obviously not as swishy as the all leather test car, but also about 10k cheaper!

• Advertisement

Thanks, saw what looked like a cyber grey Executive in front car park. Ours apparently will be going to lockup around back but they have run out of room there according to Brian so some will be able to be inspected over the holiday period at front.

One I forgot to post, lights look well..

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Anyone with executive going to get rear windows tinted? Going to go for the privacy glass look in the rear. Think it makes a big difference to car.

Looking for somewhere to do it in Dublin if anyone has recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

super pics, thanks for sharing...looks fab in white....probably true for every color...I guess majority went for cyber grey/white/black except myself ;) ......Makes it difficult to wait after seeing the pics :)

White probably would not have been my choice on a big car, but it is practical, easily seen in poor weather and cooler in the summer. Also generally looks well when a little dirty. Darker colours have to be kept very clean to look their best and show every little scratch and swirl mark.

Swimbo liked the keyless entry, not the fancy type where the door handles open out for you. You just press on the handle to unlock/lock car and mirrors open out. She prefers to her present Ioniq which folds out mirrors every time you walk by car with keys in your pocket. Also handy having app and wireless phone charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ptltd

@eagerv thanks for the pics, looks great - good to see that interior.

"And paint treatment will take a few days."

Are you going for the Hyundai 'seal & protect'? Thinking about that myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭mailforkev

The black cladding is so much better looking than the silver. Pity it’s not an option on the higher specs.

Yes, whatever Hyundai call it. Swimbo has it on her present Classic Ioniq and the paint still looks as new after almost 5 years. Personally I wouldn't bother with garage paint protections, preferring to wax and maintain the car myself. (though when you look at the surface area of the Ioniq 5 I'm not sure🙂). But was included after she changed from galactic grey to white.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭YellowRattle

The only design part I would not be fond is the plastic trim beneath the headlights. Is that illuminated in higher spec models ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭John arse

Well coming from a motor trade background i can tell you that paint protection is considered one of the biggest upselling gimmicks available in the motor business,it's one of the first things a car salesman is taught,price will vary obviously but i think its probably a couple of hundred extra(open to correction there).You'll probably hear terms like wax protection,polymer coatings,resin protection,teflon,wax seals,and 5 year paint guarantees,(i think you'll find the paint is guaranteed for 5 years or more anyway),all it is is someone pours something out of a bottle-rubs on the car and rubs off-take less than an hour maybe-your new car should be wax polished anyway by the dealer.feel free to avail of 'paint protection' if you wish.Good luck to everyone with their new vehicles👍

Post edited by John arse on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

Does anyone know for premium plus that the handles open out automatically or manual? I heard UK cars only came with manual handles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭denismc

Do you remember what the interior plastics were like, all hard or a combination of hard and soft?

As far as I could see after being in an Executive Plus earlier and an Executive when almost dark, the two are the same with the plastics. (Seats are different material). There is a combination of hard and soft plastic, entirely hard on back doors. Quality doesn't feel great if you go tapping, but most of dash feels fair quality as do other touch points. Centre console (Doesn't slide on Executive, but does on Executive Plus) is entirely hard plastic except for the armrest. But all look ok. The basic one is not very premium, but perfectly acceptable for it's price point as an EV, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭jams100

Cheers for the pics, I presume the gray seats are standard in the Executive? (Wouldn't be a massive fan, personally think the white looks much nicer)

What was the standard colour for the Ioniq? How much extra was it for the white?

There were only 3 colours available to us when we ordered, white, black and galactic grey. White was the cheapest, can't remember how much. There is also a "free" colour, a flat olive I think but not sure if that is being imported..

Only black/grey seats afaik on the executive/executive plus. Yes I also prefer the light colour seats, look great. On the executive plus you get light door cards on the darker exterior colours, not sure with the executive..

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

The dimples on the exec plus seats are purely there as you have heated front seats and the dimples allow the heat to pass through material easier. So it's part and parcel if you want that luxury.

Ill say again that I can't believe Hyundai haven't configured an option with the black outside trim and full leather interior, like so many other countries seem to have done based on vid reviews. .

Interesting comment, because the spec sheet for executive had heated front seats (ircc). 😒

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

Yes, on premium and premium plus this is illuminated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

The Premium I test drove had the fully automatic handles so have to assume they'll be on the Premium Plus. The dealer spec sheet and the Hyundai website both list them as included on the Premium Plus.

Advertisement