Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭crisco10

Cooler in summer too which influenced our decision. We marginally preferred the look of black, but reducing requirement for AC in summer was a good practical reason to pick white. We've had white car for last 4 years, and it generally always looks fine with a bit of dirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

Good to see all pics, still no news from our dealer, hopefully soon

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

Yeah the bar at the front. It looked fairly sealed, but I did hope maybe it just looked like that when lights were off so fingers crossed.

Couldn't see it on the spec sheet on the website but not sure if I'm missing it or it was never there.

It's all personal preference at the end of the day. I'm sure lots like the blue and grey. Just wasn't as nice as I expected.

Must admit ours already looked a bit dirty in the white 😂

When I rang around a lot of Hyundai dealers the most common colours they had were white and black across different specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

It is on the spec sheet I got from the dealer. It is referred to as "Additional LED Grille Lighting". I really hope it is on the car, not because it is something I really want, but because it would indicate that other spec might be missing that is listed as included. It is certainly on the Premium Plus Fairview Motors have listed on their site:

@DaveByDavid Did you see the internal V2L socket on the premium plus when you had a poke around?

The spec sheet on the website has been changed a bit and I don't see it on there.

Fingers crossed at this point, we didn't have the key to test it.

I didn't look for any of the V2L stuff as it's not something I could see myself using much. It was also raining and I didn't want to get the inside too dirty 😂

Side note - glad the plus still has the automatic handles. I tried the manual ones and they're a bit awkward I thought. I'm sure you get used to them though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

Does anyone know whats the process of getting the charger installed before getting the car? I think we could be collecting the car at the end of January so it feels it's a bit rushed to get everything sorted.

From what I read I need to apply for a grant approval first before starting any work. I gave the dealer my MPRN just before Christmas. It's that just for registering the car or is that related to the charger in any way?

You need to apply online. We got our application approval back almost straight away via email.

Then you can get someone to install.

We did it through electric Ireland and they were out within a week.

The stuff you gave the dealer will be for other stuff. Not for the charger grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

Thanks @DaveByDavid Do you need a reg of the car when registering for the grant?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

On a Model 3 you can have all 3 rear cameras displayed at any time. Didn't realize it wasn't a normal option

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Don't get what your saying here, is it having the complete surround view displaying when driving. As far as I know there's only one rear view in a Tesla. There two on the side that have partial rear view.

Some other cars allow surround view when driving but only at certain speeds or with a screen disclaimer that is not optimal say above 40 kph.

• Advertisement

Nope.

You gey grant approved then get it installed. Installer fills a bunch of forms then when you have the car and reg etc you fill in a bunch of info. Take a few pictures and then send it all off to get your money back.

Side note - we asked in the UK forums and they said that the ridges for the grill lights don't show up until lights are on so 🤞 the cars have it over here.

Just looked like solid plastic and hard to imagine the lights coming on but hopefully they do.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Those "missing" grille lights is a bummer and would lead me to think about what else is missing from ordered spec.

For that white, I'd get the side mirrors wrapped in black, shouldn't cost much and will improve looks and provide protection

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

As above - apparently the grill lights can't be seen until lights are on.

A bunch of people in UK forum says it looks like solid colour across but lights up when lights are on. Can't see the ridges until then so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Jofspring

In most the video reviews you can't see the lights either until they are turned on.

The door handles changing is interesting though. As mentioned, what other things may be changed without someone even realising until they have the car. If you don't have a copy of the original spec sheet from when you ordered it would have you doubting yourself on what came with the car.

Here is the spec sheet I received in early December. Most of you already have this but for those who don't here you go. Only diff so far is the removal of Auto Flush door handles from the Premium trim

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Delboy33

And here is the spec sheet I received from dealer on 24th Sep when I originally ordered an exec plus. Then the exec plus included auto flush door handles and mood lighting which were removed which forced my flip to premium which now looks like it will not have what I ordered.

Problem is you don't really have much choice.

You either take it as is or don't take the car.

I agree it's massively frustrating though.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Delboy33

Yes I agree it is really frustrating, especially if the spec removed was something you really wanted. IMO if less spec than when ordered this should be reflected in the final price but this is not happening. The same issue is effecting all brands but some manufactures like Tesla are retrofitting after delivery so customers eventually get the spec they actually ordered. e.g. some Telsa M3s are being shipped without wireless charger and functioning usb-a connectors but Tesla are fitting post delivery.

I put this to the dealer, about missing spec and cancelling the order and he's response was "You will get your deposit back and I'll have a queue of punters behind you willing to take it as is".

I don't doubt it but still not a great customer experience for such a large purchase.

I see the USA dealers are adding on a "market adjustment" (price gouging) above the MSRP 3-5k in some cases..... Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PhilBky

Just had a look at a Premium parked outside at my local dealers. The bar where the LED lights go was solid whereas the Premium Plus shown in the photo further up this thread shows the LEDs

• Advertisement

No, the car was one of four on the lot. The dealership was closed. A mechanic from the dealers was there showing some friends the cars and he said the plastic was absolutely solid. The Premium demo I drove back at the end of August had distinctive marginally lighter vertical strips visible with the lights off. According to the mechanic the auto flush handles were also found to be deleted when they prepped it. From various boards it would seem that what you get depends on firstly the spec you ordered, then when the vehicle was assembled and what was available at the time, The logic seems to be if there has been a supply problem of a given component, the spec has been (temporarily?) adjusted to enable deliveries. If that is so, it is hardly satisfactory but the delays are not getting shorter and until the Covid situation improves it won’t change. I had wanted the Lucid Blue but would have had to wait until late April for a Premium Plus and, having seen it in the flesh, think it looks insipid and am pleased not to have ordered one and accepted the Shooting Star Grey.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭YellowRattle

Didn’t they rush out the car to complete in their home market with the Tesla Y. I would imagine the flush handles is more about cost because I can’t see any chips involving in their function. Same with light bar.

Unfortunately it isn't just chips in short supply. The supply chain is in a mess see: https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Supply-Chain/South-Korea-fights-supply-chain-risks-with-economic-security-team Also they have delivery problems due to staff shortages because of Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭crisco10

Here's an example of a "dealer adjustment" of 14k! ( the option for 1.6k seems a bit hopeful too!). Saw it on FB.

That's basically a 25% markup, just cos. Thank god we don't have thar sh1t to out up with

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Not exactly a 14k hike but a VW dealer in Ireland is looking for over 3k extra on ID.4 models that have January delivery. For example ID.4 business with metallic paint is coming in at €53,200 at dealers I contacted and going by the price list. One particular dealer is looking for €56,850 for the same car.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭marc1

There has been issues with “scalping” in the IT world for the better part of two years now. Graphics cards that are worth 150-200 Euro being sold for 500+ and the new stuff that has a list price of 600 or 700 Euro being sold for 2000+. Same in the watch world. Rolex models that have list prices around the 6k mark being sold for 12k+ on the secondary market.

At some stage the “official” dealers will want a cut of that huge profit. I nearly rather have the dealer charge the extra fees then the item being sold to a “friend” who when sells it at a profit on the secondary market and splits the profit with a dodgy sales person.

But back on topic. Got a pickup date for the Ioniq 5. 5th if January, can’t wait!!!

Very nice!

I won't find out what my pickup date is until Tuesday as the finance person for the dealership isn't back in until then.

I'm also swapping from HP to PCP so that would need to get sorted on Tuesday. I'm hoping pickup will be Weds or Thurs.

Need to do some research into what I should be doing on pickup, never picked up a new car before!

Out of interest why did you switch from to PCP from HP. PCP is only good if you do low milage in my experience unless your going to hold on to the car after 4/5 years and pay the balloon payment.

I've done neither this time around have sourced my own finance.

• Advertisement

Ensure you have your insurance sorted before you arrive ( I think tax too but don't have to pay tax so maybe just apply, not sure here I've never taxed an EV before), need ID maybe look into gap insurance too (there's an argument that less value in this now with high prices of trade cars not sure if I'll get this myself yet ). The dealer should have the rest sorted.

Advertisement