Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭denismc

Thanks for posting all the pics, I'm getting mine from Bolands also but I'm not sure if I will get to see it before Christmas .

The spec sheet for the Executive says it has heated seats, were you able to check if this is accurate?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭eagerv

I am pretty sure it has heated front seats and steering wheel. A lot of the bits weren't operational yesterday on ours as the car was left in garage mode outside. For example the wireless phone charger, but was told was there. I think I noticed the seat heaters when scrolling through screens, but didn't take any pics of car powered up. Would be surprised and disappointed if the spec sheet was not accurate..

The boss tells me it was still in Shipping Mode, not garage mode..

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭PhilBky

Have had a Premium Plus in matte Shooting Star Grey on order since October. Got the VIN # in November. Was first told it would be landed on 14 December, then 19 December. No sign of the car this morning and am told another shipment due around 27- 29 December. Dealer has had a delivery of the lower spec models yesterday but is getting no info on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Apollard

You guys may be interested in Hyundai Irelands instagram today, showing off 400 EV cars that landed in Cork. Mine was in that batch and arrived at dealer yesterday for Jan 4th collection.

My account can't post links here so hopefully this will do - instagram.com/p/CX0zFNloqZJ/ 

There is a video and a picture of them all lined up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

Premium Plus has the roof :)

Dealer took the pictures and sent them to me. I'm going to try and have a look on 30th before Jan collection.

Some other pics

Post edited by DaveByDavid on

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Not so sure about that, next ship looks like mid January. Not so confident myself also premium plus was told it was in cork waiting to come off the ship. But the ship left 3 days ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭The Mist

As I won't be able to go see it beore taking delivery I asked Brian to send some pics of my car and to check the heating question. He just confirmed that the heated seats and steering wheel are included.

Brian in Bolands, Waterford, is an absolute top guy by the way, I'm not from the area but totally worth the extra effort. Hated dealing with Kearys in Cork.

Agree with that, he was in Wexford hyundai before Waterford, sold us our classic Ioniq. Top guy..

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

But saying that maybe in storage in cork as they can't move all 400 in one go.

• Advertisement

I am sure many dealerships have run out of space for storage (As ours has). So could well be many cars off site atm.

Ours was very happy when they asked if we could wait till second week in new year, actually suits us better. Getting cars ready and handover to new customers, (especially if their first EV) is time consuming. Many garages have staff out atm due to close contacts or whatever.

Same for me, I went to Kearys in August and asked for a trade in price for my old ioniq and they told me to call back in October.

Went to Bolands a few days later and they gave me a quote in 10 minutes, I did the deal there and then.

Dealer was certain re the next shipment. Back in November when we got the VIN it was showing as shipped. The dealer is closed from tonight until Jan 4 so it maybe in storage in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭bkeane

Saw truck load of them heading down the M50 at lunch time today.

Maybe it got lost in the post, you know what Christmas is like.😄

Does anyone have any tips on what to expect on collection date? Anything to look out for or have prepared?

Payment side I have all sorted and will sort insurance the morning of (as i'm waiting on car reg). Have bluelink app installed and signed up.

First EV, Any other advise welcome.

Download the ecars app and set up an account even if you think you won't need it, you can set up a pay as you go account if you think your usage will be low.

Make sure to order the rfid card as some chargers can be disconnected from the network and the app won't work.

I assume you have a home chargepoint installed?

I'm not sure if Hyundai are doing discounted membership of Ionity, I will check when I get my car

Spoke with Eddie Guyett of Hyundai a couple of weeks ago re the Charge My Hyundai card which operates throughout Europe and offers access to a wide range of chargers, many at a discount and includes Ionity. He is in charge of deals Hyundai Ireland is doing with charging companies and also with Energia re the chargers. The card is due to be launched around March subject to some legal details being finalised.

Thanks, I have a home charger to be installed as part of the energia bundle - I was already with them.

Will look at RFID card, thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

I got onto Hyundai Ireland about this and had a phone call with a guy who essentially said there is no ionity tie in at present. Something is in the works but will be for new deliveries only and won't be retrospective.

• Advertisement

I would suggest that as Eddie Guyett is in charge of the operation, he would know the situation. The card is available elsewhere to anyone. There is an annual fee and it is normally given free for a period to new owners, the period depends on the country - in the UK it is two years. As to retrospective free distribution to current owners at the time of the Irish launch, this is yet to be decided.

That's my exact car, thanks for sharing the photos 🙂

Here's hoping they do something for existing Hyundai EV owners, the non-discounted Ionity fees are pretty steep. Charging from 20%-80% would cost over €32 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

Which app is the “e-cards app” is it the Ecar Connect App from ESB?

Taking delivery of an Ioniq5 about 3 months earlier than originally anticipated so have to get up to speed very quickly!

Yes, ecars connect, that's it. Set up your account now and request the access card. It's not required but handier than using your phone.

You are mixing things up. The Charge My Hyundai card has an annual small fee. The card is used to access most chargers, whoever the operator is, across Europe. Most offer substantial discounts. Hyundai is part owner of Ionity and offers around 2/3rds discounts at Ionity chargers in the UK to card holders. As I said before, whatever the arrangements for free membership once the card launches here, all Hyundai owners can get one.

This is how it works in the UK:

The base package is the Flex package. There is a one off activation fee of £1.99 There are no monthly base fees and the contract is indefinite. There is a session fee of £0.49 on any charger. Cost per kW/h depend on the charger company but most offer discounts.

Hyundai IONIQ 5 new vehicle customers who have registered with Charge my Hyundai by 30 June 2022 will automatically receive the IONITY Premium Package for 12 months when they book a Charge my Hyundai tariff and will be exempt from the IONITY Premium Package base fee. The IONITY Premium package ends after 12 months and is not automatically renewed. This offer is valid once for each new IONIQ 5 vehicle and cannot be transferred to other vehicles or owners. Otherwise, the regular terms and conditions of the selected Charge my Hyundai tariff apply, i.e. there is no Charge my Hyundai base fee exemption.

Hyundai IONIQ 5 Project 45 new vehicle customers who have purchased the IONIQ 5 Project 45 special model and registered with Charge my Hyundai by 30 June 2022 will automatically receive the IONITY Premium Package for 24 months when they book a Charge my Hyundai tariff and will be exempt from the IONITY Premium Package base fee. The IONITY Premium Package ends after 24 months and is not automatically renewed. This offer is valid once for each IONIQ 5 Project 45 special model and cannot be transferred to other vehicles or owners. Otherwise, the regular terms and conditions of the selected Charge my Hyundai tariff apply, i.e. there is no Charge my Hyundai base fee exemption.

The Ionity package normally costs £11.25 per month. The cost per kW/h is £0.25 so if you are a high mileage user renewing after the end of the free period may be worth it. Ionity installations in Ireland are currently limited to six sites but they are planning an expansion.

Also in the UK you can sign up to an add on with BP Pulse which costs £7.85 per month. Charging costs between £0.16 and £0.27 depending on type of charger. Again the value would depend on the usage.

I understand the intention in Ireland is to have the card operating in a similar manner to Flex with Ionity included free for a period. Prices for kW/h will be available on the Charge my Hyundai app for comparison with the regular price.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭grennscreener

Still beats the crap out of €50 to €60 for liquid dinosaurs!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I am pro ev but your wrong here , at that rate 32 bills gets you ~260 km

our diesel SUV beats that easily

Advertisement