Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GoMo FAQs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

She just has to call 171, like on the other networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭magher

I'm in the US a couple of days now and my gomo sim still hasn't activated in my pixel 3a, also when I was in France and Spain a few months ago I couldn't make or receive calls, just a single beep and then it would be in my voicemail once I got back to Eire. Gomo support just keep telling me its the phone, anything I can try?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭KildareP

Not sure of why France and Spain would cause issue however the US has shutdown it's 2G networks entirely and is also turning down it's 3G networks which are to cease entirely by February 2022, leaving just 4G and 5G networks on air.

It's set to cause havoc as, unless your device is VoLTE capable AND your home network supports VoLTE AND your network has a VoLTE roaming agreement with the roaming network then you'll get permanent no service when travelling in the USA.

However if you're on the €14.99 GoMo plan you should have WiFi calling available to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

WiFi calling won't work on a Pixel 3a on GoMo.

Thanks, that could be it, I'm waiting to try my sim in an iPhone 11.

I'm an OG 9.99 customer, so not on wifi calling yet AFAIK

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AB7

Just ported over on the €14.99 plan specifically for WiFi calling. Using iPhone and enabled Wifi calling in settings and got a prompt to accept eir WiFi calling agreement which I did. Network briefly showed up eir - WiFi calling as the operator while connected to my home WiFi network, however now it’s just showing GoMo and I’m still connected to my home wifi network. Turned off and on both my phone and wifi calling but still just showing GoMo. Anyone else have a similar issue ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Gomo won't support Wi-Fi calling on any pixel device AFAIK, no idea why not.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Try putting it into airplane mode and then trying to make a phone call ?

I’ve done some further digging, and it’s working on my Eircom fixed line broadband but which is extremely slow so I use mobile broadband router for everything but it isn’t working with that, so it appears to be an issue with the mobile broadband with 3 not a GoMo issue. I think it may be because the broadband SIM card gives a private IP instead of a public IP which can cause routing issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 buzz77

WiFi Calling uses IPsec to transport the voice traffic over the Internet, between your phone and GoMo server (ePDG). Usually the issue sits with the ISP or their router which are blocking / filtering IPsec traffic. In some older routers IPsec traffic needed to be explicitly allowed (turned on). What is the router used with 3 mobile broadband?

I’m using a TP-Link Archer MR200, I’ve just checked and IPsec is enabled already.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

WiFi calling only works if you have very stable Broadband. It not so much about high headline speed as low jitter. Compare the jitter reading on your eir landline broadband with the jitter on your 3 mobile broadband. You should find that the landline jitter is rock steady.

The latency and jitter on a mobile broadband connection is unlikely to be good enough to support WiFi calling, particularly during peak times when the 3 network can become extremely congested.

However it doesn't use more than ~100Kbps each way while on a call so once your Eir line can reliably support 100Kbps each direction then it will be far more suitable than your 3 connection.

After putting sim in iphone 11 it worked immediately, got onto AT&T.

I then put it back into my pixel, no joy again, into a 4g alcatel, no joy, and finally back into my pixel and it worked!

I'm thinking it could be a physical issue, maybe if nothing changes for a long time the sim settings are cached, and when you change country you need to physically kick the sim contacts?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Logo

Does anyone know if calls to an 0818 number are included in the GoMo plan?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Logo

Thanks Quackstar but I'll need to call ptsb bank and expect that I'll be on hold for a significant amount of time so I'd prefer to confirm that 0818 calls are covered (in case the €9.99 contract with GoMo excludes these).

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Sorry, I should have said by law they have to be treated as regular land lines so if land lines are included (as they are with GoMo), that includes 0818. You'll see it if you dig down into their price-plan rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I seem to have stopped receiving 2FA texts on my phone - for any service (Facebook, Coinbase, PayPal etc. - I've tried loads of different ones).

It still works when I select "Call Me" so the right number is still on file for all these accounts, it's just the texts not working. Any ideas?

My partner is able to text me and I receive it. It seems specific to 2FA texts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭emo72

Same problem. No 2fa texts. Anyone get this resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

I get this issue aswel with making payments online with my KBC card and trying to pay on the Ticketmaster website, I just never receive the text message.....KBC blame GOMO, GOMO blame KBC....

GoMo have told me it's a current problem they are aware of and should be fixed ASAP.

I jumped the gun earlier, it's not just 2FA texts - it's all texts for me. My partner can't text me either.

I asked how I'll know when it's fixed and was told to just try again in a few hours. LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

All texting gone with me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Didn't realise this was going on today. Had issues with a verification with AIB all day. Tried again a few minutes ago & working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Same problem for me this morning but they all started arriving at 1:30.

About the only thing I use texts for these days is 2fa.

Mine still isn't working. A bunch of them came through from earlier but had obviously expired. Still not receiving them now though when trying to request.

Im switching back to Vodafone first thing tomorrow morning. GoMo are useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Have you checked your "Blocked Messages/Calls" folder for the missing messages? I'm using GoMo & I find a lot of txt messages are being diverted to this folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

I'd recommend the blocked messages folder too. If the problem really is the GoMo network, An Post Mobile is worth a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Billy Whizz

Anyone else still having the 2FA issue? I've just discovered it today upon going back to work. I can't receive 2FA message to connect to my work VPN.

I restarted phone - no joy. Put SIM in another Android phone - no joy. I temporarily updated my work number to my wife's iPhone (who is also Gomo) and got the message fine. Tried my SIM in her handset (oo I say) but didn't get the message.

Then I saw these messages... so I'm pretty certain I've the same issue. Last worked on 29th Dec too (when I was last in work). Mailed Gomo but no response yet.

(edit to say I tried the usual spam/blocked but no joy there either)

Advertisement