Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

Usage on Gomo
    How our where do I find my usage on Gomo? Is it there 24 hours later as with Tesco or at any time? Reason is I'm using Gomo as hotspot

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Higgsy wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know if calls to the country you are roaming in are also considered part of your package?

An example being. If I am roaming in France and I call a hotel in France, will there be a charge for this?

Thanks
    When you're roaming in the EEA, calls/texts to everywhere in the EEA, including your home country (Ireland) and the country you are roaming in, are included.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

dohouch wrote: »
    Usage on Gomo
    How our where do I find my usage on Gomo? Is it there 24 hours later as with Tesco or at any time? Reason is I'm using Gomo as hotspot
    As far as I know, you either have to check your usage in your phone's settings or wait for your monthly bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭The Wife

My 13 year old is with Gomo and at the moment he is in Spain with his Dad and has absolutely no data. Can't send or receive texts outside of WiFi. No Internet at all. Roaming is turned on. Web chat very helpfully told me to buy more data (he has 10GB on his plan that are untouched) and shut down the conversation. No reply via Twitter. Has anyone suggestions? Poor child is losing his mind not being able to contact people outside of Wifi.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Moved to 3. Provided them with my mobile number and gomo account number. Was told it would take a few hours to port. This was on Friday. Still no sign of the port this morning. Called 3 and they said it failed to port and they would request it again.

Do I need to do anything with gomo?

• Advertisement

Could it be that roaming is turned on in the GoMo account but not on his handset, or vice versa?

No, the phone number and account number should be enough. It's really hard to get through to any utility company or bank at the moment and GoMo has a small staff, so maybe there was just a small mistake somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,090 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Has anyone noticed issues with their data speeds? I'm getting very low numbers sometimes less than 5mbs even on 4g. Haven't changed any settings since I joined a year or so ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Have you exceeded your data limit of 120GB for this month. They throttle your speed if you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Tel him to check the APN setting. When I first roamed on Gomo, I had the APN set to data.myeirmobile.ie, which worked in Ireland but not abroad. I changed it to data.mymeteor.ie and it worked straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,090 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Yeah thats understandable. I tried four times to port the number to 3. They advised that it kept failing. The account number and mobile number were correct, but still no luck. There's nothing outstanding on my gomo account.

I have ported a few times before, but never had any hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭ltd440

Is anyone else having trouble making or receiving calls.

About 1 in 10 inbound calls are going straight to my messages and I'm mostly not being put through when I ring out either.

I have done a few basic things like turn phone off, taken sim out and in again, maybe it's my phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Cork981

Does this usually happen indoors ? Any chance coverage is poor ? If your a new user you should be able to enable Wifi and 4G calling which works great indoors by routing calls and text over your wifi network.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭ltd440

Thanks for the reply,

I'm with gomo a long time (9.99 customer) and never a bother with them. Coverage has always been fine in my home, where I spend 90% of my time, also other family members gomo phones working OK here.

I'll swap the sim out with someone else's phone and see if its my phone or sim

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

I moved over to GoMo from Vodafone on 28th July. Since then, I’ve not been able to receive any calls as they all go straight to voicemail but voicemail on my phone says no messages.

I can make calls out and the recipient sees my number on their phone but I can’t receive any calls.

I’m getting seriously pissed off by the crap responses to my complaints (switch the phone on and off again!!) and ready to move back to Vodafone after receiving an email today saying they’re taking another €14.99 off me tomorrow!

Is this a common problem?

Is there any chance you turned on call forwarding by accident? It sounds like it might be set to "All calls", not just the ones you don't answer. That's really frustrating, but easy enough to fix.

Edit: You could try entering the code to cancel all call forwarding (see below), just to see what happens. Then you can set up forwarding on your own terms, whether you'd prefer to send missed calls to voicemail or another phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Camilla Parker Bowles

Hi everyone, I've been with gomo for 20 months now and need to get a new phone. I've seen a pre pay one with Vodafone. Would I need to get this unlocked or should the gomo sim work? Anyone any previous on getting a phone since moving?

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I'd imagine the phone is probably locked to Vodafone. You could try somewhere like Currys to buy the phone unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Camilla Parker Bowles

Thanks Nigel, I looked at that but the price was over €200 more. Would you know what's involved in getting a phone unlocked?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Higgsy

Hi,

Has anyone had an update on the introduction of Wi-FI calling for those who have been with Gomo since before April this year. All I keep hearing, it will be available in the coming months?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

It took 10 days for GoMo to fix it so my phone could receive telephone calls.

Now it won’t send anything via iMessage but texts are all sent by SMS. I’ve tried fiddling with the settings but nothing.

It’s a new iPhone 12 and worked perfectly with the Vodafone SIM installed so I’m pretty sure it’s not the phone.

I’m really getting beyond pissed off now. 😫

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Where in your account is it. I had roaming data yesterday but turned on manual Network selection, nothing but a turning wheel so turned back on automatic network selection. Can't get any roaming data since. Roaming data and calls turned on on phone, calls working fine but just no data.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,433 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Telecom paper were reporting it would be introduced "before the summer's end" but considering the summer months are May, June and July it looks like that deadline has expired

Outside the EU, data roaming can be extremely expensive. Most phones turn it off automatically to protect people from unexpected bills. It sounds like you just have to turn it off.

On my Android, I just have to go into "Settings", then "Network and internet", "Mobile network", "Data roaming" and turn it to "On". There might be a "This could be expensive" message, but just tick "OK".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

I'm still in the EU but close enough to a border that network jumping would be a problem.

I seem to have solved it by trying to connect manually to a number of networks that are "not available" and when I turned automatic network selection back on data roaming worked again.

Wouldn't like to relying on something that appears so arbitrary but it worked this time, hopefully might work for someone else in future.

I guess manual selection leaves you open to using a network that doesn't have a deal with your usual provider.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Sorry, I don't really know. I always just buy my phones unlocked to save all the messing around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Is anyone effected by the network outage? My mobile data hasn't worked properly, barely at all since Saturday evening. Support said via messenger that they are working on it.

Advertisement