Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭batman75

I tried the phone number for Gomo and the text option and no dice. How do I contact Gomo?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,912 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Chat or email (enquiry form) only by all accounts. They've been quite responsive since I've been with them (from the start), chat can be a bit of hit and miss.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

All of the UK is included at the moment. You can also call a UK based number (eg if you are booking a table at a restaurant) inclusive in your minutes while you are roaming there.

This is something that is offered by Gomo and not something legally enforceable under EU or UK laws so is subject to change

• Registered Users Posts: 8,197 ✭✭✭ongarite

Anyone know how to check voicemail from abroad, USA on GoMo?

When I try to check voicemail using 171, it goes straight to my voicemail greeting rather than voicemail options.

Same if I call try to check voicemail from another phone using +353 8X 5XXXXXXX.

Nothing on GoMo website on voicemail from abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone have an issue with the Internet not working once they leave WiFi?

3 times in the last week I've lost connection and had to do a restart to regain connection. Galaxy s10e.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 35 buzz77

It happened to me as well during Aug-Sep. This lasted for few weeks, same symptoms as described: once I left home and disconnected from WiFi, I got a message 'Could Not Activate Cellular Data Network'. Airplane mode on/off would fix it. iPhone 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

Sorry if if has been asked before but search is useless.

im in Spain, my wife and I are both on GoMo, both iPhone 8, all cellular settings are the same.

My phone is working with perfect 4g but my wife keeps saying “mobile network data not activated “

I have also updated firmware (over WiFi ) and reset network settings.

Any idea how to fix this?

Post edited by Scott Tenorman on

Try swapping SIM cards to understand if issue is linked to phone or to GoMo/subscription/network.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

I seen this here before and not sure if they got it resolved and now im having the same issue,

Making a transaction and my bank sends me a OPT code to confirm the transaction but of course I never get it...Hit resend and still don't get it...I spoke to KBC and they confirmed they sent to text from there system and gomo on twitter said its a problem with the bank....Im not gonna be put into a its them not use argument...Has anyone every got it sorted?

Its a little strange...Some websites it works ok when buying...I get the text...But if i use ticketmaster i get nothing...I got a feeling its gomo trying to but the lazy finger on the bank....Some folks still having the issue still?

It could be a good thing aswel as it might make me save but when you wanna get something its a balls!!😋

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone with a s20 fe on gomo can you confirm whether WiFi calling is working.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭funkyuser

seems gomo charges .03/min to 0818 numbers is that still correct?

https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Craig_David

Can anyone tell me what size sim Gomo provides?

Looking to get a sim for an old phone that takes a standard sim size instead of the more common micro/nano.

https://www.4g.co.uk/news/sim-card-sizes-standard-micro-and-nano-explained/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭Kat1170

You can get adapters to fit different sized SIMs in different phones.

AliExpress have them, I'm sure some of the phone repair shops stock them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,660 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Micro sized SIM with the adaptors around it. You can use it in any phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 2twelve

Hi Guys. Anyone with Nokia X20 on gomo? i'm not getting wifi calling or VoLte at all. is anyone getting it?

Which plan are you on, 14.99 or 9.99/12.99? WiFi Calling and VoLTE are only available on the 14.99 plan though it should have been already available for old plans as well, based on their press release from April.

You can check with EIR if the phone is supported, they have a dedicated VoLTE/VoWiFi page - I cannot post links here. VoWiFi and VoLTE need network specific carrier profiles which are bundled with the software image. If Nokia have not included the EIR/GoMo profile in X20, slim chances to work even with a future software update.

hi buzz77.

I'm on 14,99 plan, it is working on my previous mobile which is huawei p30 lite. i got in touch with nokia and they said it's up to gomo now. then i got in touch with gomo's online chat but i'm not quite sure if the person i was talking to knew what i was trying to get. Both of the features are supported by Eir on nokia G20, which is android 11 so no quite sure what the deal is now.

GoMo support chat are useless on very technical topics.

You can have a look here as well

Brilliant, i forgot about xda, thank you for reminding me about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 nickibopp

I have been with Gomo for 6 months now, all going grand except effing voicemails. I just don't seem to get notifications for them and they pile up without me knowing and I'm flakier than ever. Is this a phone issue (I'm on a Samsung Galaxy Android). I long for the good old days of those Voicemail notifications coming in with my Text messages. But if I could download an app that would show a number on the icon or something that would be ok. Or is there something in Android I haven't set up?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Are all international calls included in the plan? I will be calling china perhaps every day over the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ltd440

I have a galaxy a12 and I get my voicemail notifications

• Registered Users Posts: 33 nickibopp

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ltd440

I get push notifications, is there a chance yours are switched off

As far as I know for WiFi calling to work on Android you must have Eir firmware running on your handset.

iPhones just work apparently as Apple include all the necessary settings in their firmware

As mentioned above, I use an iPhone 11 and I'm on the EUR 9.99 plan. VoLTE & WiFi Calling are still not active for me and, I assume, for everybody on 9.99/12.99 plans despite them being advertised as available to all subscribers by end of summer. Summer of '69 maybe... ? 😀

Yeah - they've been using the "on a few months" line all year

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Banzai600

Folks,

im going to loose the plot !!

I moved to GOMO when they launched and availed of the 10e plan. I got a few friends and family to switch too. It was great until late last yr, my service dropped, significantly. Im an average user with calls and data, not exceeding 15 gb monthly data.

HOWEVER, over the last yr i have had non stop issues - no data, no signal , dropping calls constantly, then some connections are full of echo and sound like im on a walkie talkie. GOMO said it was the ph, so i dumped the samdung and got a new iphone - still the same months down the road. GOMO sent out a new sim, no change, ive tried everything. Im going to try another sim, this will be my 4th.

By the way, it doesnt matter where i am around the city or country, same problem. My other half doesnt have any issues, never has, and she thinks service etc is fine. GOMO keep saying its the phone, i know damn well its not but they seem to be unable to help. Ive opened yet another ticket.

yesterday my calls wouldnt connect in or out in dublin area, and had a few missed calls etc. Shocking poor service.

ANYONE in the same boat at as me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 RicardoVerdi

How do I set up voicemail on gomo please? My wife's had gomo for 2 years; someone recently told her they'd left a couple of voice messages for her. Her phone shows no sign of this: no text arrived, no missed calls. The gomo website doesn't seem to mention voicemail, or is it given a different name?

Thank you

Advertisement