Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭watchingfromafar

Pleased to say I went to the gym last night and was welcomed at the desk with the same "whats up man, hows things" and no question of covid vaccine passes.

It's great to have a place that people can come and forget about this covid nonsense and just go about being healthy strong people.

I felt very safe that no deranged covid zealots like Dazzler were there asking for peoples medical history.

Amazing. More of this!

You can't be wilfully* unvaxxed since being unvaccinated is the natural state. What you are is wilfully vaccinated and that is your personal choice. So good for you. Thats like saying "you are wilfully sober".

Yes its a massive over reaction. The pandemic guidelines were always the same until 2020. You can't dispute they changed that and we followed china. Lockdowns were advised against.

And it's not because this is some super scary virus. It's really not for the majority and should have been treated as such.

Focused protection of the elderly.

Realisation that children are LESS at risk to covid than they are to influenza.

Governments make a balls of everything all the time. Look at the children's hospital. If that was run by a business it would have gone bust or had to make better dealings to get it done on time.

I think the governments over react because that is fundamentally their structure. They GOVERN! There is a thing in aviation called "over-controlling" and it is when a pilot starts to react to their own inputs. Thats what we have here. A bunch of ministers who believe they are vital at managing a virus like it gives a ****. Hence all the nonsense rules.

€9 meals wasnt over reacting ??

Its a feed back loop of shite management. The reality is for all the "work" they have done they have effected very little of the outcome. In fact their over reactions was the primary reason why so many elderly died in 2020. They put covid sick patients into nursing homes.

We can see this based on the different levels of government intervention and the number of cases.

I am sorry you think that we have been steering the spread of the virus for the last 2 years but we haven't.

If we were controlling the virus then you would see some countries getting no massive wave in the winter months in the same regions in Europe.

We painted ourselves into a corner by thinking this wasn't going to be seasonal. We fucked up by being closed all summer, and I don't for a second believe NPHET didn't know that by October 22nd cases would begin increasing as they always do for coronavirus in our respiratory virus season.

It will all come out in the wash. You don't want to see it because you can't admit you wasted the last 2 years following silly rules in the hopes you would get your freedom back.

Guess what, WWII power in Britain lasted for 14 years. They won't give you freedom back because you bend over and inject yourself 2,3,4,5? times

But keep on taking your jab. I don't care. It's your body.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Listening to pat Kenny, for my sins, full throttle on vaccines for the under 12's. Sickening stuff.

This is a man that stole a field beside his house and is a complete ****

This poster is not the only there are a few others as well. They shouldn't be engaged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭JRant

It's not like our lot are reintroducing restrictions and blaming the unvaxxed as a distraction from the terrible health system they preside over. No sireee, that would never happen.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Quags

Nail on the head for me. We are really on dangerous grounds when this stuff becomes a common occurrence, We have being told so many lies regarding the Emergency Powers and how they wont be needed but they still continue, the Digital Passport would only be used for travel but that's being used in every place expect shops. A big issue with this country is if it doesn't affect you then why should you care for others but as the post above state when it does start to affect you then you've backed yourself into a corner as when it all started you remained quiet cause again "it doesn't affect me so i don't care" attitude

• Advertisement

Dont understand why these lads are getting all worked up over Bojo Johnson (too much RTE propaganda I think). The shower of **** called the government here are amongst the worst in Europe. Meholio the waxy man and leo the Veruka. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Pat wants to feel safer. It’s never enough unfortunately as it seems that Pat is now mildly traumatised by his own fearmongering. He’s becoming increasingly irrational.

Once you start jabbing the over 5’s we’ll be hearing about the “pandemic of the toddlers” followed closely by boosters for over 5’s.

The problem with Kenny and more so with Luke O’Neill is that the latter likes to take an optimistic look at all things covid. The problem is that nearly all of his pronouncements have been wrong and this actually starts to really crush peoples spirit.

O’Neill originally wanted us all to believe that vaccines would end it. Then he made such a song and dance about a 3rd booster providing 18 months protection. Now we’re onto a 4th shot…

I think a lot of people have tuned out and realised that it’s all just random conjecture at best and carrot on a stick at worst.

Which I and many many others have never gotten nor were ever blamed for other vaccinated people getting the flu.

Please tell me again how you don't want flu jabs to be linked to vaccine passes?

Sure what if someone didn't have the flu vaccine and gave the vaccinated nurse the flu and then she took it to hospital

Why aren't you making the above argument?

No doubt you won't have a solid answer just like you can't explain why you are okay with a 10 year old unvaccinated child in a restaurant but not an 18 year old. Despite the nurse possibly sitting 2 tables over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Quags

The funny thing is our media are all over this and are appalled but heaven forbid our cowboys do anything and its gets hidden or we get a 10 sec clip about it.

Our media are terrified to ask hard questions in case they lose their seat on the gravy train

Would you believe not one voice against the vaccinations of under 12's for a bit of balance, even someone who is head of some parents group Eskirne or some was her name and she was practically drooling at getting the kids vaccinated and couldn't wait to get her 3 year old jabbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭titan18

So, the majority of people don't get that and are still allowed to engage in society. So i'm cool with that approach, annual boosters for those who want it, and allow those who don't to get on with their lives. Seems fair.

The problem with Phat kenny and the rest of them is they are believing their own safety is more important than the health of everyone else in this country. In his world view he's number one and we are nothing but peasants who are expendable once he is looked after. It's the new hierarchy, and exactly the reason why there is no other opposition voices here. They control the media, they control who gets to talk and control the message is that is being broadcasted. It's unfortunate that people don't realize this, especially in the era of the internet and the ability to research yourself has never been easier, without needing to be told by the likes of RTE, and the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Yep, not disputing any of that. Johnston is still a lying clown. He'll get no congratulations from me. Anything good they've done is in spite of him not because of him.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

What people dont seem to get is the level of supporting data on potential toxicity required to even get to trial, never mind approval, is massive. There are many toxicity reports on LNP's. 0.3mg/kg per week seems to be a common figure. Given the half life of these is measured in days why would anyone think a half dose of what was given originally would result in massive problems 6 months later.

Everything is toxic, at a high enough dose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

when the flu vaccine is linked to indoor access then it'll be an "annual booster like the flu"

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭JRant

In fairness to O'Neil, the vaccines should have ended it. It's political now rather than being driven by the virus.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

look at it this way if I as a healthy person or young person catch covid and have mild to no symptoms with my immune system as nature intended I could have up to 9 months natural immunity and a covid cert.

Now if I as a healthy person take a vaccine without even having caught covid or been at any real risk I will have to take boosters every 3-6 months or whatever to get and update my cert.

I think this i why some people feel they don’t need the Jab and the jab has no Benefit to them.

Now those people feel they have as much as a right to choose as the people who want the jab because they believe in it.

There are really different types of people and you don’t necessarily have to be anti vaccination. Some people have been hit harder then other. If your immune compromised or vulnerable of course you want hospitality and social restrictions and Vaccination. If you can work from at home full pay etc or course you might not mind restrictions etc.

Bit if you in any industry effected by covid or young healthy maybe you don’t want restrictions and vaccination why would you.

people are to quick to just think of themselves and there issues / circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Sir, – The narrative from Government in recent weeks has been that Covid infections are now primarily being driven by the unvaccinated and that hospitalisations are primarily unvaccinated. The Government has decided to order nightclubs to close until January 9th.

Unvaccinated are now only people who are either too young for vaccination, ie, under 12 years, or have refused to take the vaccine. Nobody under the age of 12 can attend nightclubs. People who refused to take the vaccine can’t get an EU Covid cert and, therefore, can’t enter nightclubs. So it makes absolutely no sense that nightclubs could be considered to be a source of contagion.

Either the Government doesn’t believe its own narrative about this being a pandemic of the unvaccinated or it is unjustifiably attacking an industry that has already been brought to its knees, just for the pretence of being seen to be doing something positive, however futile. Maybe one of your readers can explain what I am missing. – Yours, etc,

GEAROID FOGARTY,

Lucan, Co Dublin.

Higher risk of dying from covid than the flu. Take your booster, you can partake in everydayife, if you don't, well just live.witg the restrictions. Currently have.one ski trip cancelled and another.unlikely in late Jan. But I don't whinge and moan about it. Life happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bokale

• Registered Users Posts: 8,308 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Not as sickening as COVID-19 will make you though... In fairness what's so bad about opening vaccines to everybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

If you open vaccines up to children you then inevitably lead to them being shut out of society to some degree if they don’t get a vaccine that they really don’t need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,308 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

You mean like birthday parties, pantos and playdates? Surely it would open the door for more social gatherings as it has done for adults though, no? Last week 40% of our cases were in 5-12 year olds, so I'm not sure how you think they don't need them

Advertisement