Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kyle Rittenhouse found not guilty

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,525 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Others gave tried this BS, we've seen it plenty times on here.

Twice on this platform I've called someone a racist, neither time has my post been edited or removed or has a mod made any intervention.

But I'm not going to ignore the position many posters take on the topic while actual racism still exists, irrespective of how hurt you or anyone else's feelings get.

The fact that you think talking about racism is comparable to racist acts themselves your own issue you should have a good think about.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭MilkyToast

The sooner more people start shouting the likes of you down, publicly and forcefully, the better off everyone will be.

I'm glad it has begun.

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ~C.S. Lewis

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Quintessence Model

Hopefully tell me how has seen this post.. And whoever is running the Ben and Jerry's Twitter account!

You can't let who you like and don't like shape your view. Facts are facts.

I don't like the Proud Boys, and early on when I knew very little about the case, my knee jerk reaction was "little murdering white supremacist sh1t" - and that's what the clickbait stuff was telling me. But then you need to go and actually research the details. Initial bias is fine once you don't shout to the world that that's what the actual facts are, and you then actually do the research.

But people are just making up their minds based on headlines, biased clickbait articles, what celebrities say, what their similarly minded friends on social media say (and its not just the left - it's anyone uncritical)... it's really not good. If the truth keeps being drowned out, what are we left with?

• Advertisement

This makes less than zero sense on any level.

Go ahead and keep your head in the sand, whatever your reasons for doing so are.

And another actively trying to ensure light isn't shone on racism. All though to be fair, you're probably not a new voice on this, just a new username (although the same could probably said about the other lad).

Wrong thread :P

Hang on one minute.

Can you please clarify what you meant when you said "I'm familiar with the Dunnes position"?

Because the way you phrased it seems to imply that I want to do racists work for them.

This is the Rittenhouse thread. The thread where we discuss the man who shot three other men.

They all happened to be white. Yet somehow you come on here and try to make it about black people.

Why would you come on here and imply that I do the work of racists?

The fact that you, and others look at that and think it justifies the outcome of the Rittenhouse trial is quite telling. This person still faced a felon charge for possession of a gun he shouldn't have had. The judge made the decision to throw out the possession charge for Rittenhouse being in a possession of a gun he shouldn't have had.

Time and again, black peoples experience of how the policing and judicial systems operate leads to more strict interpretation of the rules towards them, than it does other people. That is the central point of the whole BLM conversation, why there were protests in Kenosha that night, and why Rittenhouse is on trial.

Head in the sand with regards to what? People with the same politics as yours and racists are opposite sides of the same coin. It's all both groups ever really want to talk about, and near all analysis of basically anything boils down to race.

• Advertisement

I've told you repeatedly, that my view is, that the position you take on these topics is one that pleases racists. That's it.

I stand by that, I've not called you, or implied that you are a racist, but when you appear on thread after thread attempting to negate the argument that there is any presence of systemic racism, or justification for black people to see practices towards them changed, I think it is a fair statement to make.

Yes I'm perfectly happy to be on the opposite side of the coin as racists when the coin is the topic, or conversation about whether racism exists in society.

Where are you on that coin? You're clearly part of the conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

lol. Could you be anymore more ill-informed!? It can be easily proven what side has received the most overwhelming support. Spoiler alert, it isn't the anti- Rittenhouse side.

First look at the Good Morning America interview with Gaige Grosskreutz. It got disliked into oblivion. In fact pretty much every left wing fake news outlet that has covered this case has been massively disliked. The Young Turks own viewers don't agree with their dishonesty. Channel 4s own viewers don't agree with their lies.

Although surprisingly CNNs video on the verdict has more likes than dislikes , which says the majority of CNNs own viewer base agreed with the verdict.

The local news network that posted Mark Richards answering questions from the press has 1.5M views and has a 98% like ratio. Thomas Binger hasn't and won't be giving any interviews. The vast majority of people out there think Richards is a better man than Thomas Binger.

Looking past Rittenhouse , this case became a battle between truth and dishonesty. People don't like to be lied to or treated like they don't know any better. A lot of people woke up and saw what the corporate media is all about because of this trail. Thus the vast majority agree that Rittenhouse deserves to be found not guilty.

One was in illegal possession of a weapon, one wasn't. Quite simple really.

If it was quite simple, he wouldn't have been charged and it wouldn't have come down to the judge dismissing the charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Why shouldn't he have had the gun? Was it not decided that he was allowed to have it, legally?

Are you saying that if he was black, the law would have been interpreted differently, and he wouldn't have walked on that charge? Do you think the Judge wouldn't have applied the same laws?

The charges were dismissed because he had no charges to answer for. The other person did. Nothing to do with race, but of course, as you are so obsessed with race, and see it everywhere, you see it here aswell.

The saying also implies similarity. I'm not even on that coin, as I'm not obsessed with peoples skin colour, and view near all human interaction through the lens of race.

Your position pleases racists just as much if not more. Racists love nothing more than everything being made about race. White nationalists love nothing more than trying to portray white people as emerging victims in modern American society, something this trial will help embody based on the leftist media's response to it.

"Time and again, black peoples experience of how the policing and judicial systems operate leads to more strict interpretation of the rules towards them, than it does other people. That is the central point of the whole BLM conversation, why there were protests in Kenosha that night, and why Rittenhouse is on trial."

Can you please stop describing around your point and actually state what it is. The above is meandering commentary and is irrelevant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭titan18

How many times do people need to tell you that he was allowed to be in possession of that gun? You might disagree that he should be allowed but legally he was.

The judge made the decision to throw out the possession charge for Rittenhouse being in a possession of a gun he shouldn't have had.

But the entire reason it was thrown out was because under the law he was permitted to possess the firearm.

If you want to make a comparison at all, it should be between Coffee and Grosskreutz, who are both people who've illegally possessed firearms because they're felons. Grosskreutz's charges were dropped by the prosecution a few days before he testified for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Right, got it, we'll just go out and have gun battles on the street and take over the job of the police, let's have literal mob justice. Escalate every situation. Why do all the supporters of law and order not support the proper administration of law and order the minute it's a group of people they don't like?

It's quite simple.

A white man shot three white men and was found through a multitude of overwhelming evidence and testimony to be not guilty as he was acting in self defense.

Black people are entitled according to some to be angry about that because although each case is unique, they can tell for sure that if Kyle Rittenhouse was black, he would have been killed by the police.

It's unfair for a white guy to be found innocent because black people, given the EXACT same circumstances would definitely not be found innocent.

Danzy constantly posts right-wing fantasies, so I'm not letting him away with calling me cold. He's championing property over lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Confused11811

Certain people on this thread seem to judge Rittenhouse as some sort of a monster for carrying weapons in full public view. They came to judgement that he brought weapons to a peaceful rally and must have gone there looking for trouble.

Do those people apply the same logic to these peaceful protestors ? - https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN24R025

Believe it or not it's pretty normal to carry weapons in full public view in America and it's pretty normal for them to be seen at protests. It's crazy to us here but having lived in Arizona myself I can tell you they love their guns.

Identity politics in America is undermining the poorest, most vulnerable members of it. Ultimately It pits the have nots against the have nots and divides the working/middle classes. It distracts from the facts that a country with such wealth has such poverty too.

Those pushing the lies that race had something to do trial should take a step back and look at the facts and the video's. Rittenhouse defended himself, it's as simple as that.

Let's frame it more accurately:

When violent thugs and rioters are illegally destroying the town your family live in, and the police are unable to stop it happening, do everything within your power to stop them (inside the confines of the law). Be sure that you can defend yourself as the illegally rioting thugs may well be armed and dangerous.

The point is, a black guy on the streets with a gun after dark might not live to tell about it, the BLM crowd have a point there (although rioting is not a productive way of making that point). Some people think that somehow this means KR should be hung in public to somehow balance out the injustice.

Man, people were holding placards calling a child rapist a hero outside the court.

That's the **** mentality of people in this day and age

• Advertisement

The dividing line between protecting property and going full gravy seal is narrow. Maybe I don't watch enough westerns, but I think people with this "besieged homesteaders fighting off the Indians" mindset will only raise tensions and spark off something bigger. You can't expect untrained civilians to be exercising the same kind of discipline as a trained infantryman when it comes to the rules of engagement.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement