Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,955 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Omega also having issues with his shoulder according to Meltzer

I'm hoping Omega takes some time off now and recoup.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Ya, there was a video released of him there yesterday with a chiropractor and he sounds in bad shape. Shoulder issues, suffering with Vertigo for a few years so the ring is spinning, neck and back pain etc, so hopefully he takes a good break. Could do with a break to Double or Nothing tbh and just allow him to do some BTE and back stage stuff.

It's actually amazing that AEW could be down Omega, Moxley, Kingston, Black and then there's a few like Miro who needs a break as he looks banged up and had to come back, and existing guys out like Archer and the roster is still crazy strong. Could be a good time for someone to get signed and move into the main event picture or someone else to move up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭kksaints

They have the roster depth now to rotate people in and out to an extent. A break for Omega to allow him recover would freshen him up and would allow for any changes in direction for him easily. It'd be fairly easy to write off aswell, just have the rest of the elite turn on him and injury him.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'd say Cole and The Bucks will write him out/off TV for a while this Wednesday.

Then he has the AAA World Title to defend in early December, that'll wrap up Omega's 2021.

With hopefully no time frame placed on his eventual return from his various ailments.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What's the history, a previous relationship? Not a big deal.

Punk can't say much, he worked his way through most women's rosters before AJ and did the dirt on more than a few of them if the rumours are true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Not just that they were together. There's been some suggestions that he was taking advantage of his influence over her in being her trainer. Apparently he has form for that kind of thing. If there's any truth in it you'd expect Punk wouldn't want much to do with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,409 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I can’t wait and I really really hope Britt goes off on a rant about not being one of the 4 pillars of AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Danielson vs Evil Uno on Wednesday. I'm half expecting we'll get Danielson vs most of Dark Order and whilst he won't be a full heel, he'll be vicious in order to try and get some heat for the Hangman match. He'd have good matches with a lot of them there imo. 5 has already shown well in matches with Omega and Silver is great and very over so could see those 2 at least.

Just give The Butcher vs Ishii going at it on Wednesday.

Forget about The Blade and OC.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

What was the nod from one of the Bucks to Hangman at the end about? Does it signal the end of Kenny in the elite?

• Advertisement

That would be my guess, Kick him out of the Elite and he gets time to recover for a few months after he drops the AAA belt in December.

As the saying goes they can't can miss you if you never go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I'm guessing they'll kick Kenny out of the elite and Adam Cole will become the new leader. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw something similar to how Adam Cole was kicked out of the Bullet Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Have to catch up and watch this tonight. Anything I should skip? I'm heading to Dynamite next week in Chicago, great seats too so will be good to see Hangman with the belt. With all the injuries too, it'll be interesting to see how they shift the cards and stories for the next while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

You could probably skip Inner Circle v American Top Team if you had to skip something. Britt v Tay too. They were OK but definitely the weakest matches of the night for me.

I hope he is right.

Eddie strikes me as old school when you are red hot you don't miss time no matter how injured you are as you lose money.

I think I need this guy to give my neck, shoulder and back a work out.

Also a really great interview with Kenny.

Great PPV the other night. Only getting around to watching it.

The lowlight for me again though on yet another AEW PPV was the Britt Baker match. She just seems to gas out early in matches and everything seems to be happening in super slow motion after. I think she's a great character and promo but would rather see Rosa, Deeb, Shida etc tearing it up on a PPV. Any of the 3 mentioned would have had a good match with Tay.

The pre show tag match was much better.

Also Jay Lethal is a big meh signing for me. Wasn't he named in speaking out as well if I remember correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

She just doesn't get it. Nobody wants to see her wrestle. I barely even want to see her on TV full stop.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This will get Cody booed even more. Can he not just turn heel already.

From f4wonline

Former AEW World Champion Kenny Omega will have all of his various ailments and injuries that he has been working through checked out Wednesday, according to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio.

Meltzer said Omega has been dealing with various injuries for several months but was determined to see the Hangman Page storyline come to completion which it did this past Saturday at Full Gear as he lost the title to Page.

Meltzer said after the evaluation, it will be determined if Omega will take a break from wrestling. Meltzer said Omega was going to take some time off at some point, but chose not to as he wanted to continue the storyline.

In a video released over the weekend by famous YouTube chiropractor and wrestling fan Beau Hightower, Omega said he has dealt with "bad" vertigo since 2018. He said it can get bad while he is wrestling and working while things are spinning is a new skill he has had to inherit.

Omega has wrestled 32 times in 2021, mostly in AEW with some Impact Wrestling and AAA appearances as well. That number is virtually identical to 2020 (34 times).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a huge fan of Omega, there's a reason why he's best the world but I'm hoping he takes a big break to get all those injuries under control.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,034 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Did she "update her fans" while the three of them had breakfast one morning?

I think I'm ready for an Omega babyface run, where he can honestly just be himself. Assuming he gets healthy, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Omega is definitely on the road to being a face again, I'd say we'll eventually get a Golden Lovers reunion either here or in New Japan.

Pity no AEW representation in the WTL or the BOSJ this time, hopefully next year,a bit of seasoning picked up from wrestling on tours in Japan would do wonders for some of the roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Hard disagreement here, I think he comes across way more natural being this cocky prick who believes he's the best wrestler in the world, and Callis fills in the gaps in his game around mic work and charisma. His last year was far better than the prior two. I'd be loathe to split those two up.

If you think about it Kenny Omega must be the one of the best ever in ring performers or at least the best of this current generation. To wrestler since 2018 with Vertigo and with all the injuries he has but yet puts on killer match after killer match.

What a phenomenal talent

And it's that side of him that really writes its own authentic babyface push as far as I'm concerned. A guy who leaves so much of himself in the ring, who just loves the business, giving back to the business and, when being himself, is also a likeable, relatable guy.

Assuming he can actually get healthy enough to work again, I'd integrate worked injuries into his push. He could have the killer matches with guys like Miro, MJF and (hopefully heel) Cody, but they can ultimately win the match by capitalizing on the worked injuries. They get more heat, he gets more sympathy, until you hopefully have him overcome the odds and dethrone a top heel that you build up, maybe Punk?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

It doesn't set him apart from his peers that, merely slots him amongst them. Many of the best guys of all time worked hurt all the time. Flair had vertigo for all of 1992. Shawn had major back & knee issues his entire career. Kurt Angle basically wrestled his entire career without a functioning neck. Eddie Guerrero famously walked around like an old man for the last 5 years of his life but when the light went on he rolled back the years and had classic after classic.

• Advertisement

Hook an MJF-Punk feud to my veeeins.

Advertisement