Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,034 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Well.... I guess Lethal will just be making up the numbers. First match he loses to a banged up Sammy G.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Did anyone expect him to come straight in and win the company's second title in his first match in fairness? It was just a good storyline way of booking him straight into an upper mid level position with no build up / intro.

I've seen this guy wrestle about twice, 10 years ago, on TNA. Lots of other viewers will never have heard of him. It would have been weird him coming in and beating someone they've been building since day one of the company, banged up or not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Loved the segment.

You know MJF has to take a lot of inspiration, from a character point of view, from the likes of Punk. But having MJF being this young, arrogant guy saying hes earned the attention, and then having the cocky elder Punk walk out, laugh in his face, say nothing and just walk away. Its such a perfect wait to bait MJF. Punk is the guy who will get into a promo war with anyone. But MJF isn't worth it. He walked out, MJF puts out a hand for a shake...and that tells Punk everything he needs to know about the type of person MJF is. A big mouth suck up.

You know a promo battle is coming. But they can hype it for a few weeks, with MJF demanding Punk's attention, while craving Punk's respect.

I do hope they don't drop Kingston/Punk though. Those two were so much fire together.

Also, loved Bryan name dropping Wrestlemania as a way to get heat. And I saw they're in the hometown of a Dark Order member now for the next three weeks, so he's going to be murdering hometown heroes for the next month, which is a perfect way to flip him heel.

Long term, feels like you've got Punk and Bryan bubbling up these heel characters which revolve around "We're the old WWE guys who've come in and proven we are so much better than all of you!". And I'd worry about that angle in other places, but in AEW, you know it will be used to get the likes of Page, MJF and the other AEW homegrowns over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭kksaints

Bryan's heel turn came out as very rushed. I know why they did it but it didn't work particularly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Yup, hes got Colt Cabana next week on Chicago, then probably 5 in Georgia the week after and then Silver in Long Island. I'd imagine this was booked for Moxley to do since he already had done 10 but it's a fair good way to do it when AEW has set up a hometown guy wins thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I probably would have kept Bryan Danielson face until he faced Hangman Page for the AEW World Championship, but after a long arduous battle, Hangman beats Bryan and retains the title. Bryan out of frustration refuses to shake Hanman's hand and instead gives him a Roundhouse Kick. After that Bryan become more heelish, ruthless, and aggressive. He could be like Chris Benoit in 2000 when he was a ruthless heel who would often torment his opponents in the ring like how he would keep the Crippler Crossface locked in even after the match ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,409 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Long term story telling :)

Meltzer reporting that Omega will have to under go multiple surgeries.

Full Gear was there second biggest PPV ever behind All Out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I thought the Punk and Page segments were great.

I do not think Page will lose the title anytime soon, it is too early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

He'll be early enough being beaten for the AEW World Championship come Full Gear 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,957 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Oh very interesting backstage news at AEW

The Briscoe Brothers and former ROH women wrestlers were back stage during dynamite

• Registered Users Posts: 53,957 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

BTW fair dues to The Butcher, he's really slimmed down and looks in great shape

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Surely they'll have to let some people go eventually? They never seem to. Though I guess many of the Dark and Elevation only regulars are probably not on full time contracts anyway.

Let's hope the surgeons weren't watching him get mounted by a youtuber with a hammer and chisel during the week so...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I wonder how far MJF would be willing to go with CM Punk in terms of promos. He's got a lot of material to use like Punk's MMA career, his wife AJ Lee, or if he really wanted to poke that bear, bringing up his strained friendship with Colt Cabana.

Worth noting how the average Dynamite attendances have exploded as well. They went from 1-2,000 capacity venues before Covid to zero behind close doors to 5-10,000 now becoming the norm. Rampage not far behind.

Johnny Dynamite or Johnny Rampage to arrive in 90 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

Johnny Elite

Few of the ROH women wrestled on Dark. Adora wrestled Riho apparently, and it's pretty much a tryout if you're wrestling Riho or Shida.

I thought the Briscoes would be passed up due to some of the stuff they've said in the past but seems theyve made turned a corner there, so if there's no backstage heat there, they'd be good signings (Briscoes vs FTR will be a classic)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,872 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Since AEW want young talent as well, I would be surprised if they're not looking at Rok-C. She wouldn't even be the youngest on the roster with Julia Hart being 3 days younger according to Google. (Was mentioned this week on Dark or Dynamite that she just turned 20).

Was thinking, seeing Drake released again and with Nese showing up on AEW, would AEW introduce a cruiserweight title? Though unlike WWE there seem to be a lot of guys that would fall into the category.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I've enjoyed how they have booked the TBS title tournament so far. Instead of just rushing through the rounds, they've given it time to breathe - all the quarter finals have got a decent build and been promoted for a week or two. Great to see we will be getting more of Shida vs Deeb and their rivalry added to the early rounds. They seem to be hinting that we may finally get Thunder Rosa v Britt, so having Thunder against Jamie Hayter in her quarter final allows some interaction there. It's just nice to see that they put some thought into the brackets and what they wanted to achieve. I'd expect that Jade Cargill will win the title, beating Ruby Soho in the final, but there is room for a surprise yet.

I think, and I'll go find it later. There's two tiers in AEW regarding contracts, as far as I recall Tier 0 is pay as we need/want you. Tier 1 through 4 being Dynamite talent.

Cody clarified it on his Unrestricted appearance.

She has a great look and young as well, I'd say they will all be keen to sign her. If she's smart she'll play them off against each other for the best offer.

I hope it's not Jade. If it's being done like the TNT title, it's a workhorse title. Jade is not close to good enough to carry it. Rosa ( although if they're doing Rosa Vs Britt for Revolution, timeline doesn't work), Ruby or Statlander would be good for it. Nyla also kind of works as she's pretty good and works very well with the Joshis if they're bringing on talent for one periods, but with a heel champion, I think it's more preferable to have a face TBS champion here for now.

The Butcher flew especially to get the sh1t kicked out of himself by Ishii :)

Well then, it's a good thing that the YouTuber is also conveniently a qualified chiropractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'd rather Thunder won the TBS belt as opposed to facing Britt. A weekly challenge would suit her down to the ground. Nyla second choice.

Hopefully not. Hope they don't sign Drake Maverick either.

No interest in the other 2 lads from Hit row but would like to see Swerve signed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah i'd keep morrison a mile away they've much better than him that do the same kind of stuff there already

Advertisement