Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,992 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users Posts: 60,451 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I found out today that PPV is named after Hangman as well from a skit on BTE from a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Isn't it also public knowledge that Chris Jericho's on a 3 year deal too? Actually turns out his contract runs through to the end of 2021.

I see your article on Hangman, and link another, this time an interview he did with Men's Health.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Wondering if Full Gear being four hours deserves it's own thread? I'm planning on buying it anyways and will likely follow along the chatter here either way but it seems like a PPV which is a big enough deal to have its own discussion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,910 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I think it's at the point where it should get its own thread like the WWE PPVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yup. For want of a better phrase I'm "All In" on AEW these days so I'm in favour of some PPV threads. Judging by the most active threads on here I'd say most of the contributing posters are the same.

Jungle Boy is so over.

Trying to grow out a beard as well however it looks like it could take a while.

Ariya Daivari getting his tryout after his release.

He put on a good showing with Dante Martin who is going to be a star.

Team Taz trying to poach Dante from Lio.

When Hook gets his comeuppance I really hope he can bump like a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,910 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Dante being scouted by multiple parties makes him seem a big deal. Funny thing is on an earlier episode of Dark, I remember Top Flight had a match, Ricky and Taz were on commentary and Ricky suggested to Taz they would be a good fit for Team Taz, but Taz shot him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I have ordered it in for tonight.

For what you get, plus in comparison to other PPV's, I think its good value.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

AEW have definitely doing a great job in building up the majority of the matches for tonight (bar the womens title). If you look at the Punk vs Kingston has only had less than 2 weeks build up but what a match this is going to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭Riddle101

The Eddie/Punk feud is a strange one. Great build-up but it really should have started much earlier to give it more time to develop. Makes me wonder what the original plan was, or if Eddie and Punk were always going to feud. I'm guessing it's because Moxley went into rehab that it became a last minute decision.

Jay Lethal is only 36 I thought he was in the same age bracket as Joe, AJ and that TNA era of wrestlers in is mid 40's.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

MJF and Darby was match of the night for me. It was just brilliant, near perfect match from 2 young guys opening a huge PPV.

The future is blinding bright.

Both lads were given the ball last night in opening, and they **** ran with it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

That's a big surprise. I thought he looked around that age back when he was Black Machismo

That was a fun few hours of pro wrestling and dan lambert cracks me up doing the old school manager in a wrestling match throwing the sly punches and then running away for finally getting caught. Lambert really gets pro wrestling. I also enjoy the media scrum after ppvs that AEW do there a good watch and listen.

The four pillars now should be booked to clash over the course of next 12 months for there shot at the world title and it needs to be MJF who takes the title off Hangman.

Not going to lie I had a tear or two at the end of the PPV.

What a f-ing great PPV, they blew it out of the water, once again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Outside of Full Gear (well outsidish), Ishii being announced for Dynamite is big news. Being put into the OC and HFO feud isn't ideal but hope we get him Vs likes of Danielson, Miro etc before he goes home. Hoping we get a coin drop too but that seems less likely even though he's over. NJPW won't have him lose and arguable that he'd even be allowed wrestle with how much they need him for WK. I'd be hoping we might get a tag/trios match with him involved. That seems the only way we see him in AEW this year I'd imagine. Ishii is less valuable for them so hoping we get him on a run here.

Even just a Kazuchika Okada appearance on Dynamite would suffice, or even a face off with Bryan Danielson.

The top baby face in wrestling today

Just so so so happy for him, you can tell how emotional he is

Ya, if Danielson is going to WK (which it doesn't sound like he is from the media scrum) doing a face off on AEW would make sense. My hope is we get some random tag/trios match with him involved in it. He isn't taking a pin so he either wins or his partner gets pinned but it can serve a longer term purpose (something like Okada and Hangman Vs Danielson and Omega would break the wrestling internet)

I'd take a couple of tag matches between The Golden Lovers vs. Okada & The American Dragon before they do singles matches.

Once WK is over and  Ibushi has recovered then have a year long build up for WK 2023.

I'm assuming Golden Lovers will come into it down the line. Think it'll be more in the Elite storyline as pretty sure Omega will get kicked out there and then he gets a redemption arc after he takes some time off. Golden Lovers Vs Bucks or Omega, Hangman and Ibushi Vs SuperKliq etc are all matches that can be made when that happens. Meltzer is saying he's been wrestling hurt a while so I'd imagine he's going to take to a while off after he drops the AAA title in December.

I've read that Black and Kingston are injured after Full Gear

Kingston shoulder is acting up and seems to have been acting up some time, Eddie was actually wrestling with a messed up shoulder for some time.

He has that old school mentality of wrestling even when your injured. he needs some time off

Full Media Scrum

I was surprised to see Jay Lethal come All Elite but absolutely delighted, I remember him in TNA so fondly. A great bit of business by TK.

Also helps that Jay comes across so well

I'd assume it less a concern with Dax and Britt but Tony said Dax was hurt in the match hence the swap finish, and Britt didn't make the media scrum cos she was hurt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I wonder what Punk makes of Jay Lethal coming in given his history with AJ?

Advertisement