Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I'm back and forth on which outcome gives them more options... If they keep the belt on Kenny, the programme with Danielson is the most obvious. Punk will surely be in the title picture soon as well. Maybe even Allin, if he goes over MJF. Or heck, why not Kingston? He's getting over huge.

But if they'd hurry up and turn Cody, there's definitely money in an angle between a heel Cody, and a babyface champ Page. Page would also work better against heel Cole, or the other upper-mid-card heels like Miro, Pac, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Don't care if it has cooled down or not, just get the belt on Page and off Omega.

I'm inclined to agree that the Omega run has hit its ceiling. He arrived in AEW red hot thanks largely to the Okada trilogy, but when left to his own devices, he really hasn't stepped up to the level I certainly thought he could achieve. There have been glimpses of a credible star (probably my favourite was the promo where it was just him, Danielson and Callis). And he's put on dream matches across promotions, etc. But I'm certainly less interested in him now than I was circa Autumn 2019. There's obviously many factors - bad booking decisions, the pandemic, etc - but I really think you could take the belt off him and he'd contribute no less to the company than he currently does. He's barely even on most episodes, and when he is, there's multiple other guys on screen with him. No framing of him as a star, a big deal, the centre of attention. And that's not all on him, to be clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watching the mysterious masked Fuego 2 on Dark reminded me what happened with the masked man that was rumoured to be Bryan? I don't remember seeing him.

Also why is War Horse so popular? I'm not familiar with him but an appearance on recent MLW and now Dark seemed to get good reactions from the fans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Davy05

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Be still my beating heart....Okada...Please

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jungle Boy vs Anthony Bowens added to tonight's show.

Holy **** 🤯 This could be an interesting episode of Dynamite.

• Advertisement

Will AEW keep the drunk Adam Page gimmick going now that Mox is in rehab for alcohol addiction.

I also think the the lost complete momentum on the Page Kenny story Page has been from the very start of AEW been tha man to become there champion from losing to Jericho to be the very first champion to the whole tag run with Kenny to that split to him that dark order story over the course of nearly a year and getting his shot at Kenny that was nearly 2 years of story telling to get Page to this spot and now going into the title match its not even the most antisapated match on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looks like the Impact door is closed for now and the NJPW door is about to be opened leading to WK in January maybe.

"WHAT A TOXIC RIGHT HAND TO THE ABDOMEN"

Gotta love JR when he's on form.

Egon might want to dial it back just a smidge with the roaring on his promos.

First small teases of the UE regrouping in AEW and Cole splitting from the Super Elite.

Eddie Kingston vs. Punk could be the feud of the year and there only 8 weeks left in it.

Rush and Sydal are the perfect men for these mentoring roles both as heel and babyface.

Great to see Rush wrestling as well.

What a tag match.

Damn Dax vs. PAC now that was a pro wrestling match and a half.

• Advertisement

Great ending

OK that final segment has sold me. Keep the belt on Kenny, and have THAT version of him go into a feud with Danielson. No more Elite/Nakazawa/Cold spray stuff, there's a star in there, and he needs to get more comfortable in segments where it's all eyes on him. Hangman can take the L as long as he comes back strong in his next angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

The American top team angle is still the complete ****.

Has brought AEW product down the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭titan18

With Japan lessening the quarantine requirements from 2 weeks to 3 days, i'd have to assume some of AEW will go over for WK. Orange Cassidy seems a decent bet for it now I think, but maybe Omega and Danielson will too. Hope we get Okada, or at least Ishii and Kenta on AEW in return coming up to it though. Danielson vs Ishii and Punk vs Kenta would be fun.

When Kenny came out on his own I was wondering why Don Callis doesn't come out with him anymore and maybe it was because of the Impact deal ending. Though it was a bit suspicious with how bad the camera man was at his job, getting in shot. But the piece didn't increase hype for the match too much.

Maybe I missed it but did the women's title match get a video package? So far the feud could be summed up with

• Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I love the fake camera-man spot, I always fall for it.

Britt/Conti is a feud from 2002. Jamie Hayter has a nicer ass than both of them anyway.

With Battle of the Valley on, on Saturday there is now change Okada showing up at Full Gear, I wonder would he show up on the live Rampage Friday night before flying out to the NJPW show.

Also Ishii is over in the States as well :)

Copy and pasted from Squared Circle. Podcast has been hyperlinked. Some notes from Bryan Danielson's appearance on "The MMA Hour" with Ariel Helwani.

Here are some bullet-points of Danielson's appearance, this is almost everything that was related about wrestling but there's still a lot of stuff left out, of mainly MMA-related things they cover. I recommend you give it a listen  because Bryan's such an interesting guy.

• Didn’t know what he was going to do as he entered his final WWE match with Roman Reigns. Genuinely believed it might be his last match as a full-time wrestler. Took the entire Summer to make a decision, he had a lot of fun in WWE and it was hard to even consider leaving, particularly because he has family and many friends that work there.
    • Was contemplating 1.) Returning to WWE 2.) Going to AEW 3.) Not signing with anyone and just doing one-shots wherever he wanted and 4.) Walking away from wrestling to be a full-time father because he loves being at home with his kids.
    • Chose AEW because it was exciting and scary. Feels you can get too comfortable being somewhere for too long.
    • “I tried not to, and for the most part, I didn’t: But in my WWE matches, I could go out there and sleepwalk through them if I wanted to. In AEW you can’t because they’re doing so much.”
    • Started to get nervous as he watched AEW because he didn’t think he could keep up with some of the talent. “I think this might be dangerous for me.” He told Jon Moxley about it and Moxley said: “Dude, you’re Bryan Danielson. You can do any of this, but you don’t HAVE to. You can do your own thing.”
    • Didn’t feel there was any real adjustment period because he already knew a lot of the AEW roster, just hadn’t seen many of them in years.
    • The biggest hurdle he had adjusting was the first time he had to do a promo segment for AEW and no one handed him a script. “What do you mean there’s no script?! I can’t do that, I’m gonna talk about dinosaurs or something!”
    • The wrestling in AEW is the kind of wrestling he loves to do and he’s having a lot of fun.
    • No one in the AEW locker room is ever talking about what’s happening on WWE television. He does keep track though because he still has so many friends over there. Mentions watching Big E win the title and how happy he was for him. Says it’s hard to keep up with wrestling today, even if you just want to watch the good stuff. “…But I highly encourage you to watch AEW.”
    • On WWE Releases: Doesn’t entirely feel comfortable speaking on it because his father-in-law is WWE’s Head of Talent Relations and the person that calls talent to fire them. In some ways he understands the cuts, but in other ways feels it’s not right. Says one of the things he’s always had a hard time with, as someone fired from WWE twice: Feels if a company can fire you and give you a 90- day non compete clause, you should be able to give them a 90-day notice that you are leaving.
    • Says if they’re only firing talent because of “budget cuts” when they’re more profitable than ever, “I just don’t think that it’s right.” WWE signed a lot of people to prevent them from going to AEW, but when they realized AEW couldn’t take all of them, people with high-end contracts are now just being released. Feels WWE should honor the contracts they offered. “If you overpaid them, that’s your bad.”
    • He used to grudgingly accept that WWE’s style of talent releases was the only way, but then came to AEW. Says Tony Khan has only released three people since the pandemic and they were all for disciplinary reasons, otherwise AEW just lets their contracts expire and doesn't re-sign them. Seeing that showed him that there was a different way to handle this, and it's one of the reasons he likes working for AEW.
    • Signed for three years and can go tour in Japan if he wants to as long as he prioritizes AEW. Mentions WWE was willing to do that as well.
    • Doesn’t know if this is his final contract. Right now, he feels “invincible” and the best he’s felt since he was in his 20’s. Signed the AEW contract thinking it was his last but is having so much fun that he kind of hopes his body stops working to give him a reason to stop being a full-time wrestler.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I dunno, this could be Page's Samoa-Joe-Hard-Justice-2007 moment.

Or maybe Fight for the Fallen already was

• Advertisement

Who were the 3 releases? I think Ivelisse was one?

Advertisement