Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

lol What are you talking about?

People use these words to be honest. What's the issue?

You guys constantly claim the government don't use these words and speak in definate terms when it suits you.

And again, you're posting meaningless soundbites rather than address ANY of the DOZENS of points you've run away from.

Why?

Why run from points?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

I believe that the vaccinated people's skin will turn green on St Patrick's day next year. I have no proof of this...it's just something I read on Twitter...or maybe I made it up.

I'm sure you realise how silly things like this sound but yet you believe other nonsense just because someone trying to convince people like yourself, who are already putting their heads in rabbit holes, that the latest conspiracy theory is the one that is going to change the world forever.

Have you noticed that even on this conspiracy theory thread there is not one single person who is willing to assist you in developing your conspiracy theory? There are people who chirp in now and again with vague high level comments like your own but no one is actually interested in delving into the nitty gritty of any conspiracy theory or the reasons for them. This is really strange considering I would have thought that this would be the main purpose of this forum.

There are people who chirp in now and again with vague high level comments like your own but no one is actually interested in delving into the nitty gritty of any conspiracy theory or the reasons for them. This is really strange considering I would have thought that this would be the main purpose of this forum.

Conspiracy theorists aren't at all interested in doing this because doing so with any level of basic critical think results in the conspiracy theory falling apart.

Most just want to dump crap they find on twitter or bitchute or info wars and pretend as if it's super special secret information that they've uncovered themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭PintOfView

Do you expect the government to have a crystal ball so they can say such and such 'will' happen, and on what date it will happen, etc?

Back in the real world nobody can predict exactly what will happen, and when. That's why one can only say what is 'likely' to happen, based on previous experience and knowledge, etc. How is it propaganda to, for eg., not know how many cases of Covid we will have at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

So because some temporary measures end up being permanent, there is no such thig as a temporary measure? Is that how the logic goes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,484 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Spoken like someone who doesn't have a clue about any hardships in life. It is absolutely pathetic to compare COVID certificates to apartheid regimes and clear that you don't have the first clue about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

The discrimination will be permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,452 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Random Facebook link with no commentary or context?

That's your argument?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Why do they want a safety at all costs society? Zero evidence that any government is striving for that aim, and there are far simpler things that could be done to keep people safe in life... Like ban cars, ban alcohol, ban smoking for just the three easiest things to think of. Many more measures that government could take to look after their citizens that would be easier than trying to irradicate covid from the planet.

• Advertisement

More empty slogans.

Why are you dumping these and links to conspiracy cranks? No one is taking them at all seriously. Not even other conspiracy theorists.

You are just showing that conspiracy theorists can only spout brainless, meaningless slogans they swallow from scam artists and then are too cowardly and dishonest to actually defend their theories.

Why do you bother?

I mean guys, you've failed utterly to make your case. You've made it clear that you aren't able to make it and you've all but stated that you aren't interested in discussion. You've killed the thread.

So why pretend? Why not just explain to us why you're doing all of this embarassing, dishonest stuff?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

It's almost an insult to actual conspiracy theorists to refer to some of the posters on here as conspiracy theorists as their attempts at discussing their "theories" are at best lazy. I'd just like for once to see an actual discussion on conspiracy theories develop and their rational for believing them and less of this "here's a theory that I found and fallen for on the internet" followed by "it may happen and this may be permanent but I hope I'm wrong".

i commented in the same minute right before and its a link to a cog in the propaganda machine that is The Irish Times.

Lol. You believe your one line empty slogan is an argument?

No man, it's nonsense. Whatever twitter grifter you follow showed you that link and told you what to believe. And like a good little conspiracy theorist, you believed what you were told, and then repeated it without applying any of the forbidden critical thinking.

So the claim now is that the Irish Times is part of the global communist conspiracy. Cool.

Unless other conspiracy theorists correct this, we can assume they all believe the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭323

• Registered Users Posts: 14,915 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

I`m really looking forward to you pointing out to those cluttering up the place with crap from Facebook, Twitter. BitChute etc. that their rubbish hasn`t been peer reviewed. But then perhaps you have been and I missed it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭323

Sorry to disappoint, nothing to look forward to I'm afraid. Don't do social media, this is about the closest I get and only when literally nothing else do at work if its not blocked by the IT folks.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

So why aren't you calling out conspiracy theorists linking to these things?

Is it acceptable to link to non peer reviewed sources as long as it's to defend a conspiracy theory?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,227 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Good job then it's not being used to guide clinical practice

Anything else to say on the matter??

• Registered Users Posts: 14,915 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Not the least bit disappointed.

Delighted to hear it in fact. The less time people who doubt research reports post on Medrvix because they are not peer reviewed, yet without question swallow bitchutes crap, spend on social media the better far as I`m concerned.

• Advertisement

People need to wake up FAST. This is looking more and more like a conspiracy truth than a theory.

TEN STAGES OF GENOCIDE

1 Classification: People are divided into us and them."

2 Symbolization: People are forced to identify themselves.

3 Discrimination: People begin to face systematic discrimination.

4 Dehumanization: People equated with animals, vermin, or diseases.

5 Organization: The government creates specific groups (police/military) to enforce the policies.

6 Polarization: The government broadcasts propaganda to turn the populace against the group.

7 Preparation: Official action to remove/relocate people.

8 Persecution: Beginning of murders, theft of property, trial massacres.

9 Extermination: Wholesale elimination of the group. It is "extermination" and not murder because the people are not considered human.

10 Denial: The government denies that it has committed any crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Bald-faced BS. Many people and experts were expecting a rise in cases when restrictions were dropped.

At any point, feel free to show which conspiracy theorist has been "correct" about the pandemic and what the conspiracy is

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Being anti vax is a choice, not a protected characteristic, or even some ethnic or religious group which you just happened to be born into.

People are no more being classified by vaccine status than they are classified as having a driving licence or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Even if the above nonsense was true in this case, what would you suggest we can do?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭storker

What you've just posted goes way beyond even a conspiracy theory. That post is just insane.

Asking questions yet refusing to answer them I see

Bill Gates (like many people) has warned about pandemics for years. Covid is highly infectious, but relative to diseases like Ebola it's relatively "mild" in terms of fatality rates, the next pandemic could be much more severe. It's far better to be prepared for a much more deadly pandemic in the future and for it not to happen, then to not be prepared at all and it happens. Without seeing the context of your quote it's obvious he is worried about a more serious pandemic in the future.

Conspiracy theorists are endlessly misunderstanding things Bill Gates say because they are paranoid he is Satan or whatever. so e.g. when Gates said he wanted to reduce population growth via vaccines and healthcare, they misunderstood it as he "wants to depopulate the planet with vaccines".

Back to my question, if you were in charge of the country, and there was a pandemic, a highly infectious respiratory disease, with cases rising rapidly and hospitals coming under increasing strain, what would you do? When answering that, keep in mind every world leader, even Xi Jinping, Putin, Trump and Bolsonero enacted measures against the virus.

And bear in mind that any measure you implement will be read by conspiracy theorists as a conspiracy to "control" them.

Unite and stop allowing the ruling psychopathic elite to turn us against each other.

Your family members and friends who are speaking against the mainstream narrative right now desperately want to be wrong. They have zero incentive to risk their reputations, risk losing you, losing everything...unless they are onto something. Do you think they would risk all that for no good reason? Yet many have cut off their loved ones this year who are speaking out, choosing instead to listen to governments and media who notoriously lie and steal from their own people. It might be time to listen to the one who loves you enough to risk everything for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Unite to stop TD’s. Sounds like a democratic society which we have here. We don’t have to vote the same people in. Each electoral area generally has at least one nut case on the ballot paper that people can vote for. I wonder why most of those nut cases rarely get enough votes to get their deposit back.

Not to be personal, but the subtext here seems to suggest you are having issues with friends/family due to your extreme views

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement