Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Covid-19 measures are permanent, don't be a boiling frog!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

OK. So why do you believe they are correct when they say the Bible predicted something?

I actually think covid is a punishment from god for us legalising gay marriage and abortion..

Hardly a coincidence that within a couple of years we got slapped with a plague..

REPENT!!

REPENT!!

OK cool so your conspiracy theories are just religious nonsense.

So I was correct when I posted out that you guys were claiming that the Bible predicted this amount all the other bullshit claims you've made.

And again you also seem to be become very desperate and manic over your beliefs. Why is that?

Why are you getting so worked up about things you know are false and don't really believe?

"When they said 'Repent, Repent' I wonder what they meant,,"

And as always avoiding a point because you can't address it.

So why man? Why do you bother posting when you will just weasel away from any discussion when you start doubting your conspiracy theory?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

When you "they" do you mean the people thousands of years ago who thought the world was flat and were fearful and suspicious of almost everything...the original conspiracy theorists you could say.

Do you choose to believe a book that was written by choosing lots of different bits of other books that were written thousands of years ago over modern science?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,380 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

He's quoting a Leonard Cohen song.

So at least he's good taste in music :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Ah interesting to see your "my body my rights" view suddenly has caveats.

Right, but you believe wearing masks during a pandemic is part of a secret global nefarious plot. How do your friends/relatives react when you express these views?

Yea. It's weird how so many of them are absolutionists about bodily rights.

But then there's also this massive crossover with people against abortion.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Post edited by aido79 on

So if it's a plague sent by god, but the whole thing is a conspiracy according to you, does that mean god is the conspiracy, or how does it work?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Did God send covid, or Bill Gates?

Which of them put the tracking chips in the vaccine? If it was god then why, surely he/ she/ they wouldn't need tracking chips to know where we all are?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

This god fella sounds lovely altogether and not a bit crazy himself. Punishing billions because a few voted to allow free will which he apparently gave as a gift according to what the Stephen King of the time wrote in a book. @[Deleted User] even you must see how insane that line of thought is.

Also since the conspiracy theory is no religious why are theorists so worried. The mark of the beast is supposed to be a sign of the end times which means you guys are all going to heaven soon.

If you're all good Christians you've nothing to worry about, so why are you so scared?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Probably terrified because they know they have at least broken one of the 10 commandments. "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour". The compulsion to lie is too strong for the CT’s here to fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ohnohedidnt

Relax man, its just a "Few short weeks to get covid numbers under control", they're just doing a bit of curve flattening, it's not like it's going to be permanent.

It's just until our health service can cope. They've only been treating people on trolleys for about 20 years, but any day now we'll all be back to normal, we just need our health service to be able to "cope" and old people to stop dying.

OK.

So what measures are going to be permanent and why? What the real reason?

Still have not got a sane answer for that.

Just you guys claiming weird religious crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ohnohedidnt

Why would I engage? You'll just keep repeating questions over an over again, ignoring responses, without putting forward any counter arguments, you're not here to discuss anything.

We keep repeating the questions because you guys keep avoiding them and ignoring them.

Your "responses" never actually addressed the points or questions and are often just lies or deflections.

We have put forward many counter arguments and points. Usually they are explaining the many issues with your conspiracy claims or explaining how your "responses" aren't very good. They also get ignored.

The real reason you don't engage is because you can't without exposing how shallow and ultimately dishonest and false your claims are.

You can cloak it how you like, but no one is fooled except your fellow conspiracy theorists who have lately declare this whole crisis was supernaturally predicted in the Bible.

Given you've not objected to that I will assume you share that belief.

So again which measures are going to be permanent? Why?

• Advertisement

Sorry is there some memo I've missed where every conspiracy theorist in this thread has to be really vague and shifty? How about for a change people actually address questions instead of playing innuendo games, how about posters start actually providing straightforward details of the conspiracies they keep indirectly alluding to. If you think something is happening, how hard is it to just explain what it is, and make a genuine effort to outline it. Unless this is some fantasy and liars club where a whole bunch of liars just back each other's BS up.

1. What is going on?
    2. Who is behind it?
    3. What are the details?
    4. What is the evidence?

No vague predictions, no playing the victim, no weasel tactics, no "can't explain that" Bill OReilly stuff, no Gish Gallop, no speeches about other conspiracies, etc. They are straightforward questions, there's no excuse not to genuinely attempt straightforward answers

I think it's clear to all that the reason why conspiracy theorists have to use these tactics is because:

1. They have no idea what's going on.
    2. They have no idea who's behind it.
    3. They don't know any of the details.
    4. There is no evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

Austria rises against "health dictatorship" The police and the army refuse to control the health pass in the name

of "freedom and human dignity". They will join a large demonstration against compulsory confinement on

November 20, 2021 in Vienna.

I just checked and the police are enforcing the guidelines in Austria.... Also, the reality is the unvaccinated are actively costing lives in Austria. In Ireland, the unvaccinated account for 40% of ICU numbers but represent just 7% of the population... So yep, pretty clear that they pose a public health risk.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,380 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

All you can do is cut n paste

Have you no original thought in that head of yours?

They are often verbatim regurgitating whatever headlines they come across on their daily conspiracy sites, which themselves often cherry-pick "mainstream" news (hilariously)

Pretty simple really

1. Create conspiracy site and give it a cool name like "Zerohedge" or attempt to disguise it as a real news site
    2. Fill it full of the usual editorialised blog and conspiracy crapola copied from other conspiracy sites and forums
    3. The conspiracy sheep will come in their droves and mindlessly evangelise it all over the internet
    4. Profit

I've genuinely thought about doing it, but I have basic principles/morals. However plenty out there don't. It would the simplest thing to create, instant money-maker

Guys, I've changed my mind, something just doesn't add up about the latest developments. We were told everything would be fine once the vaccines hit critical mass, but we've reached that point (and more) and it clearly hasn't happened, not even close. We had the government telling us, nay promising us that they were dropping restrictions, but here we are with open discussion about the restrictions and measures actually returning. Why the blatant lie there? What was the whole point of the big announcement on removing restrictions only to try quietly sneaking them back in now, and why are people and the mainstream media not questioning any of this? Noticed how they are suddenly blaming the unvaccinated for everything? Interesting how convenient the timing is on that, just so they can push more of their restrictions on us. And here we go again, the "fourth wave", another conveniently pre-named wave just in time to reignite the fear and panic. This whole thing really stinks.

Okay I am taking the piss and that's generic conspiracy babble, but how'd I do? good enough for a conspiracy blog?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

Not a conspiracy theorist but Tony was just on Newstalk saying mask wearing and social distancing will remain with us indefinitely

• Advertisement

In Asia masks were relatively common before the pandemic due to a variety of reasons (previous epidemics/pandemics, pollution and so on) As for social distancing, I'm sure it will stick around in some form or another.

Obviously neither will be for conspiracy reasons that conspiracy theorists keep trying to hint at but can't explain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement