Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

I'm offended, are you insinuating that I have a wine 'issue '.🙁

Too early even for me Calla.😛

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

But it's Sunday, that bad boy should have been cracked open hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,857 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Duvet , call for me , I'll be ready !!

It'll blow over , there'd be something wrong if we all agreed all the time I think anyway , doesn't mean one person is more right than another . Different opinions...makes the world what it is , Real.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

This place is a coffee shop or park or pub. It's impossible for everyone to get on all of the time.. We're not feckin care bears or teletubbies or what have you. This is not a school playground, anyone can put anyone on ignore or leave etc. We're a relatively standard cross section of people.. No more and no less.. We have developed a lovely thread though.. That is no doubt.

With all that in mind, let that be the last of the on thread debate.. Please contact me or another mod. Let's get on with getting on.. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Duvet to be honest I feel you are showing off when you mention you are getting Lennox's, especially when we in the south east don’t have potato pie, just saying 😉 but keep posting about that and about wine and I’ll keep posting about G&Ts 😂 🥂

(one positive about the new site, I can post cheers emojis).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

🎉🎉🎉

@Poochie05 , at least in the South East ye get sun ! In the Midlands here we get neither the sun nor the pies 😵

Ah no , it's not that bad here ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Just in from an Autumn evening stroll with Grumpy. Its really beautiful out there. It's evenings like this that make Autumn my favourite season. Really hoping this fine spell lasts a bit longer and I can get out to Killarney on a freedom day. I would love a stroll around Muckross before the leaves fall. There is nothing more beautiful than a tree in Autumn and the ripe smell is divine. I feel a Keats' poem coming on🍁🍂🌿. Anyone remember that poem from the LC and care to share a few lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,077 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Happy Sunday evening all. Like you, Sardi I was out in nature today planting spring flowers.

I had to take my sweatshirt off.

I could hear a rustling in the trees and it was the leaves because every so often a fall of them would come down beside me.

I don't usually like autumn but with weather like this, it's much easier to know the winter is looming.

I'm making my way through a bag of monkey nuts, that's one perk I like this time of year: monkey nuts and toffee apples.

I can't think of the poem you mean, Sardi. A handful of monkey nuts awaits the first correct answer 🥜🥜

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Absolutely glorious day, even sat out in the sun for a bit. A few bright days like this definitely help

• Advertisement

Seasons of mist and mellow fruitfulness. .. probably wrong poem 😀

@Purple Mountain , a day for the garden indeed , was gorgeous out , my wellie boots got an outing😊

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ahh the work trundle. Poo.

@Mam of 4 , that's the one! I think I'll look it up.

Never heard of that one, don't think that was one we did on LC.

Lol lucky guess from me @Sardonicat , I often remember lines like that and haven't a clue where they're from ..

Yes, yes. I know you're a child. You probably did that new fangled LC with film on the English curriculum. Pah! I suppose you didn't suffer through Peig for Irish, either?

I think I still have my copy of "Soundings" in the attic. I hated school, but I loved that book. Strange to think I used to love poetry. These days it tends to make me roll my eyes. Where did that girl go to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Those soundings books were selling for a pretty penny a few years ago.

I still love poetry but almost anything taught in school i was put off from (of?) Bit like Irish, the way i was taught discouraged me

Was the poem about walking through the woods and taking the path less worn? Can't remember it now but loved it at the time. Peig on the other hand was tough going.

I got loads of washing dried today, looking forward to getting into my bed tonight, love the smell of bedclothes that were dried outside.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

The line that goes through my head at this time of year is 'the trees are in their Autumn beauty'...

The Wild Swans at Coole, Yeats. I love seeing the trees as they change colour. Fabulous day again today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

The trees are in their autumn beauty,

The woodland paths are dry,

Under the October twilight the water

Mirrors a still sky;

Upon the brimming water among the stones

Are nine-and-fifty swans.

You're actually wrong, I was of the Soundings generation! English was my favourite subject and actually during lockdown I thought about buying that little book online to reread it.

There is actually worse than Peig in my opinion. A book called A Thig Na Tit Orm. That was the book that broke my sanity and drove me into OL Irish although I was quite good at Irish all through primary level.

Memories!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I’m as drunk as a skunk, good night all

Wasn't a fan of school.

Seeing as we've had both Keats and Yeats quoted on thread it seems plain wrong to not add a few lines by the great bard of my youth, The Mosser:

A dreaded sunny day

So I meet you by the cemetery gates

Keats and agents are on your side

While Wilde is on mine.

It is beautiful but I’m afraid I can’t take the credit for it 🥰

You have a great eye for images, both funny ones, and inspirational ones.

SOME POSTS DELETED PLEASE SEE POST #7085 FOR CLARIFICATION

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

About to head to bed having done a late night Teams call to Lahore for work, hay ho I know it's Sunday night but the money is good and will get to have a lie in tomorrow morning and an easy day after that. Spent a lovely Sunday visiting extended family up in Tipperary, some of whom I hadn't seen in a year and a half because of covid restrictions so great to catch up today.

Advertisement