Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Does anyone else feel these posts are a bit "oh look at me and my big pilot job", reading back on some of his posts here from the last few months it seems to be a bit looking "down" on the rest of us, I don't know, a different way of life I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Delighted for you Bubbly. Was in a similar position 2 months ago. It's stressful!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

@GoneHome I guess a lot of people dreamt of being a pilot when they were young. I would not have the same opinion because of the serious amount of time spent away from home.. Also in recent times the isolation and seemingly daily covid tests.

Yes I appreciate all that but my point is his posts seem to be "look at me and my big pilot job" while the rest of us (well myself and OH anyway) are getting by week to week and not rubbing peoples noses in it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I guess it'll get more depressing with the budget next week 🙄

• Advertisement

Yes, it's difficult to know what will happen, but one thing I've noticed in the past 12 months is prices of everything, electricity bill etc, have gone through the roof, hard to know where it will stop, that's why some one rubbing our noses in it of their "big job" is hard to comprehend 🤔

I don't see it like that, then again that's me.. It's just someone else's life.. Bills and rent are frightening me, we're getting close to me wondering why i'm working at all..

Want to go home but need to do a grocery shop, le sigh..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Hope you sleep when you do get home Grem

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I found Seph 😄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭wildwillow

I enjoy Smurfjet's posts and I think Gonehome is reading something into them that is not there. His life is different to ours but has it's disadvantages too.

I do hope he continues to give us updates

Need to get a bag on wheels for the missus to do the shopping!. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I am one who also enjoys Smurf’s posts and especially photos of Mutt 😍

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,614 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I think that is ALL coming from your head not Smurfjed's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I think the irony of the situation is, this time last year another poster accused "gone home" of the exact same thing, as "gone homes" situation appeared to be better than theirs (to them anyway).

But isn't that life! There will always be someone who appears better off, always someone who appears worse off and then the rest trundling along in "averageness"

Sure if someone is annoying you pop them on ignore and continue with your day.

Comparison is the thief of joy or something along those lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Yes, I see it too.

We could be wrong, but there is a definite undercurrent of "Look at my exciting life".

That's my 2c for what it's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,864 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I like reading everyones posts , different lifestyles, jobs , etc . How everyone continued working (or not) during the pandemic and lockdowns and giving us a brief insight into their daily lives , whether we could relate to them or not .

Time to go to town here , thankfully the rain has stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I would agree that there does seem to be a lot of oneupmanship in those posts but it’s probably not intentional. I am guilty of a few bragging posts myself to be honest.

• Advertisement

Whatever we feel or don't feel about other people's posts, I think it's not very nice for a poster to log in and read all these posts discussing them.

I'd be pretty upset if it was me, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

You're right, bubbly, but when I saw it posted I thought that others would think differently and I wanted to let the poster know he wasn't the only one.

Trigger, I've never seen any bragging in your posts.

Edited because I had added the wrong name, changed to just poster.

Post edited by Leg End Reject on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 10,073 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

For those posters who are getting upset with my pictures, well the answer is easy, select my profile and use the IGNORE function.

Exciting Saturday night ahead , ain't nothing wrong with quiet nights in ,something on the tv , cosy and warm .

Side of the road, bus a no show.. You have the right idea Mam

Geez Grem ,. Any chance of another one showing up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Enjoy your evening in Mam.

Grem, does that mean you can skip work ? 😉

One no show, one full, finally on one now.

• Advertisement

Wild night out Hens on tour 😄👍🥂🥂🥳🥳🎉🎉

Advertisement