Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kin - RTE & AMC

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

That was so unrealistic, I'm pretty mad about that

Lads on Grindr are not that good looking usually 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Could it be that Frank's brother, who is in jail, and I don't think has been seen yet, is the power of the family and with him jailed it's just sort of fallen on Frank to be the front man, even though he's not cut out for it??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I’ve watched all seasons of SOA and I have to say, it’s both brilliant and awful. There is unreal drama, violence, betrayals, storylines and it is vicious, but then some of the most ridiculous situations at the same time. But it’s a million times better than Kin. These dublin gangsters are pussies compared to the SOA biker gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Smart actors get guarantees re producers and directors, as well as read scripts and plotlines, before committing. He's smart. And he may be on to a winner giving the ratings figures in Ireland. All now depends on the US response.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 xanike7

I honestly didn't even know they had a brother, but doing some research I see that the brother is in jail and is the father of Jimmy and Michael. So I guess that's why Frank is not really that authoritative, he was thrust into a position that he most likely didn't want to be in but he had to do it. Though, I don't think that the brother would have any type of power, I mean he hasn't been mentioned at all so I suppose they'll only briefly introduce him? Since there are only three more episodes I don't imagine we'll see too much of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,917 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder does he Know one of his Grandsons was killed, surely he would of been allowed out of jail for the funeral ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭J.P.1994

Somebody, who seemed to know, posted previously in this forum that the brother appears in one of the later episodes. So we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I just hope Amanda isn't being touted as one of the main characters of the whole thing. Her acting is atrocious. Permanent sad face, staring into the distance and talking ultra slow. I'm surprised at how sick of her I am already despite only seeing 4 episodes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

I thought ep5 was good after the slow pace of ep4

It does seem that Eamon can get to them any time he wants though, they all have serious money on their heads after the heist but carry on without a care in the world, Michael going home alone and having another seizure being an example. They're all being followed (but manage to miraculously avoid the hitmen when Michael is watching his daughter dancing) and Eamon himself was able to ambush Amanda on an isolated road and demand the drugs back or her other son will be killed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I've only seen SOA in youtube clips, that's it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 xanike7

well I believe that they're setting her up to be the leader, I mean Frank isn't the most effective leader and no one else in that family really seems to be capable of being the leader. Also Aidan Gillen seems to get whacked in everything he does so I would be surprised if he lived. Plus I saw this interview with the writer of Kin that basically confirmed that Amanda wouldn't die in this season and if there were to be a second made, that her story would be the main focus (it already kind of is). I mean christ he even compared her to Michael Corleone from the Godfather which is utterly insulting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I honestly think it has a better chance outside Ireland.

Irish-Americans will love this ****. They'll all think they're finally getting to see the real Ireland/Dublin instead of all the diddly-eye countryside shite they're fed. I'm waiting for the reviews calling it the Irish Le Haine for TV era.

All of that is clearly a load of bollox, but I still wouldn't be surprised if it's the reaction.

I don't hate it, but there has been some pretty poor casting/acting (Anna and the female detective the standouts from last night).

Daredevil's accent keeps wandering into oirish, and I'm another doubter in Gillen's talent. But they need some names to bring in the American audience.

It constantly feels like they think they've made something much better than they have. A bit like failed Oscar-bait; or even successful Oscar-bait for that matter.

Anyway, I'm still on board for the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,423 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm enjoying the series myself, people complaining about the slowness and silent scenes, this maybe is AMC's direction, taking ideas say from Breaking Bad. There was lots of silent scenes and close ups of faces, think of the episodes that centred on Skyler or Maria. Anyway I don't mind it, its a breath of fresh air compared to say, Ireland's Fittest Families or whatever tosh they usually have on. I can't help thinking they're (Kinsella's) like fecking sitting ducks in that housing complex, Eamon could round up his henchmen to all attack at the one time, but it seems he's another plan. It looks like Frank is following Amanda's direction, so I think she will be the future boss or kingpin.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

5: Damn but Ciarán Hinds carries some hefty pressence! Real Kingpin / Caesar energy!

*checks imdb for how many episodes*

Only 3 three more.. I'd say stuff is about to get very violent! Maybe. Hard to say with this show.

Definitely feels like

Anna is gonna get kidnapped to lure out Michael.

Franks getting lured with that dating?/roidin? app

Like others have said

Something strange doing on with Birdy.. don't think she's in with Eamon though.. no way

Biggest slip this episode was Aidan Gillen falling into an American accent at one point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Homelander

Please just stop. Look, I get it. You come on here after every episode in your rubber suit with clamps on your nipples, it's a free world, but honestly just give it a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Frank and extended family have 4 houses in Lansdowne Lane/Comer Place worth several million each. Eric seems to live with Nikita in an apartment. All cruising around in huge cars with no visible income apart from a small tanning salon. I bet they're all on welfare too. CAB must be asleep!!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Car showroom and undoubtedly other fronts. Only Jimmy's house worth over €2m but yeah, they may not be hiding their occupation that well.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Munstergirl854

Wheres the abandoned place in Dublin where Frank meets Billy?Any Dubs know?

Eamonn owns a hotel which is a great front to hide the gear

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I binged four episodes there today and find it ok, I can see why people don't like it but I do think their opinions are way over the top.

What has SOA got to do with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

The abandoned place that still seems to have a live ESB connection?

If you mean Frank meeting Beady, it looks like the closed down hotel beside the ski club in Kilternan.

Wow, RTE issue a spoiler on their own show!!!!

Contains a mention of the Kinsellas "taking" Con's son.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Does that suggest he has a line in tonight's episode?????

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

The trailer for this weeks episode shows him speaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

The episode we are seeing tonight on RTE; episode 4 or 5?, looks worryingly dull on the TV spot previews.

5 tonight, I thought it was a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 26,934 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement

Ah must of tried to be a rival to Eamonns Hotel The Mayson but he had to much power and put the place out of business before it ever began

Advertisement