Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kin - RTE & AMC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,961 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Did I spot a paramedic uniform on the fella taken hostage at the start 🤔

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

There's holes all over this.

Why didn't con go with some of his gang and abduct Mikey?

Why didn't he ring eamon first? Then eamon could have sent men around to cons sons house and attack the two in the house.

Con was more scared of the kinsellas killing his boy than giving away 50m of eamons gear

They all seem terribly relaxed, even the cocaine party was dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Pirate Master

Because he had no idea that there were only two people in the house. And even if he did, he didn't know whether there were more outside of the house lying in wait in case of an ambush from Eamons men.

Any sign of trouble could have led to his sons death, either by the kidnappers or being caught in the crossfire.

And of course he was more scared of losing his son than giving away the money. Eamonn keeping his 50 million worth of gear is of no comfort to him if he lost his son.

Good man Michael. A target on your head and you've decided to visit your daughter in spite of being tracked by your potential assassins, thus putting her life, and the lives of other children in severe danger....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

How many episodes left ?

Frustrating to watch sometimes. Mikey and Jimmy are on a hit list yet they're fine to let Amanda drive to her son who she supposedly sent away to protect and Anna is an open target too?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,457 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

A better episode. Instead of pointless looking into the fridge we got Frank texting George.

What u up 2?

Just chilling....

At this rate about 1000 🙄

Jesus that was woeful

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

At least we saw a slight glimpse of Frank actually acting like he was in charge for a change, when he was telling Viking to get his story together he finally found his inner boss "DID YOU JUST SAY NO TO ME?"

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭_gir

A list of good actors and then just got the intern to write the story and direct, this story isn't gripping at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Am I the only one enjoying it?

I always find these Irish crime dramas watchable

I think were just so saturated with choice because of Netflix etc a show like this takes a few seasons to grow on us

PS: Ciarán Hinds is excellent in this

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

I enjoyed tonight's episode. The raid seemed convincing enough for the show. Over quicker than I thought it would be. But somehow, I can't see Con getting away with just letting the Kinsella's at the whole stash.

The rest of the season looks a bit predictable from here on. I reckon Mikey and Amanda are going to end up at the top of the pile. I don't think Mikey killed his partner, I think it was Jimmy, but it's been covered up as Mikey doesn't remember what happened on the night, and ended up going down for it.

Amanda is going to turn full bad guy by the end of this season, and forget all traces of her conscience. Mikey will end up shooting Eamon, to get him out of the way, and let the family move on with building their empire. Leaving him as head of the family. Frank is going to fall by the wayside this season. Overdose on coke, taking him out of the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah I'm thinking Frank will get lured out by some fella on his dating app who he won't be able to resist. I'm not sure what the point of showing him swiping and texting was otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Gforcemurphy

Yeah I’m enjoying it too I have to say. Few plot holes here and there, sure, but I’ll forgive that as I’m into it and I think the acting’s very good, production is high quality, generally had a good bit going for it.

I actually hope it’s given some more room to breath with some more seasons, could get better again. Remember Love Hate wasn’t exactly embraced after Season 1, plenty of haters. To be fair it upped its game after that too. Breaking Bad got much better (and obviously massively popular) after its kind of average Season 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I think a lot of viewers here are actually missing the point of what this show is supposed to be about.

It was never written to be a story showing the standard shooting, blood, guts and horror usually associated with gangland. It is more about a different look at another side to gangland.

It's not meant to be sensationalised, it's about Consequences, regret and survival.

I think Clare Dunne has it's correctly meant measure when she described it as...

"Clare Dunne, who plays Amanda Kinsella, said the show doesn't feature any of the usual gangland tropes. "When I read the scripts the thing that kept me reading four episodes in a row and not noticing the time go by was that I couldn't believe I was reading characters that weren't the usual trope of a gangland scene," she said. "I felt the weight of responsibility and pressure and history and guilt and regret and how they are going to survive. I felt everything in their inner world. It wasn’t just morally bashing me over the head saying it’s wrong or right.""

Post edited by Gadgetman496 on

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,457 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'd say Amanda will have to take Andrew out of that school before he tops himself much less getting clipped by Eamon's lads. It looks like Michaels daughter is either going to get kidnapped or clipped for the next episode.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,886 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I'm afraid they lost me when the two boys went off on their spin on the motorbike and then returned to the gaff. Amanda's black Volvo was in the yard, but she was off seeing the kid at Boarding School and getting shanghaied by Eamo Cunningham, cutting her head on the door of the same car.

Continuity lads, its basics.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Looked like it, not sure if it had any relevance other than demonstrating to the audience that he had a legitimate and important job, as well as providing a visual reference to Con's assertion that he was not involvement in crime.

Alternatively it may come into play later, for example he could be a first responder if/when one of them is injured...

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Surely con would have been able to get his hands on a gun? If not a gun a knife? Surely he could take micky who isn't exactly the strongest looking fella. Then it would be a trade of his son for micky. It like he wasnt worried what eamon would do.

Maybe its all the American/Italian even English drama's influence on me but they would have had con killed along with his son as a warning to others if he did lose 50 million.

And why didn't the kins disappear con and his kid? Eamon wouldn't know it was them or con doing a runner. Or kill con?

Plus all the risks they are taking walking outside house, guards could be pulled or distracted. Also why have they no-one on watch, its like the whole criminal empire is the family , the traitor and the fella Frank's used to trust.

As others mentioned driving around alone is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I know if I was watching phone footage of someone dousing my son with petrol I'd play ball rather than trying to rush them.

Cunningham even said it to him "You had no choice Con"

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 16,113 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I thought Birdy looked far more in charge when she clattered Erik across the face for disrespecting Amanda

That lone trip to Belgium looking a lot better now than stealing Eamons gear....

It was such a stupid suggestion. A trip to Belgium to meet a Tunisian guy was far too dangerous yet they thought they'd live happily ever after stealing 50m worth of gear.

Amanda heading off to see her son in boarding school where she sent him so he wouldn't be targeted...yet she thought she could drive without anyone following her from the house where the lads who stole 50m worth of gear are living?

The Kinsella's targeted Con's son, who had nothing to do with anything, yet they make it look like there's no chance of Amanda, Nikita, Dotser, Anna would be targeted by Eamon.

And then the silver car with the two lads...why were they following Jimmy and Mikey so closely if they weren't ready to shoot? Yer man had to put on gloves etc first and chance was gone then.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

There's more holes in this, acting- plot- and continuity-wise, than in my 20-yr old leaky colander. I was tempted to keep track and list them last night, but gave up having lost count after about 10 mins.

Which is an awful shame, because the storyline as it's developing seems to be a good one - it's enough to keep me watching, just about, in between fighting urges to throw a brick at the telly.

I'm all for suspension of disbelief, but this is testing the limits to breaking point!

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

I'm enjoying it anyway :)

The preview for ep6 looks interesting

Suggests Kem has been caught by Amanda for being a rat

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,956 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Mod: if you guys haven't, please review the charter before posting on this forum. Specifically the below. Take the crassness somewhere else.

New Addition - October 4th 2013 - updated again May 2014.

Please don't make demeaning comments about the appearance of actors/guests that appear in your favourite soaps/tv programmes (saying things like they're ugly, flat chested etc.).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Of course unless you were equally or more afraid of what cunningham would do. Con could have made a move at anytime, it was 1 v 1, hell with the security guy it was 2 v 1. Then he could have done a trade. Either that or show con being afraid or petrified to tell cunningham he gave away the gear.

Instead we have a friendly conversation with no replications

Advertisement