Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kin - RTE & AMC

Options
1112113114115116118»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Even asking about it in the UK's Radio Times magazine… a reader's letter asks: "surely it can't end like that?"

An RTÉ spokesperson tells RadioTimes.com that there is “nothing to announce at the moment”

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Finding a new production comapny to take on the financing and waiting for Charlie Cox to finish up filming Daredevil while also seeing the rest of the cast working on other shows and getting them all free to fit a new filming schedule if they do get a new production company on board then there is still a lot of jugging to get another season signed off on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I’ve started watching the first season on Netflix.

not sure how I feel about it, well made and good performances but they are all scumbags.

But it has got me curious about something.

There is black and mixed race Guards in two episodes and I was wondering if there are many Guards in real life who are not white or even not born in Ireland.

I’m not criticising the casting (nor pretending I didn’t notice and question it) but it has simply made me curious as I have only ever seen white Irish guards even though I know people of different ethnicities have been joining.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,238 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

There have a Chinese and a Polish guard on Crimecall regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭crushproof

Just binged through this over the past week. Season 1 was terrible and awfully slow but it picked up in season 2. Still not great and I'm baffled by the stellar reviews in the UK, seemed to be really amateur Fair City style at times.

Not a patch on Love/Hate, apart from the Dad there were no real likeable/hate-able characters. Plus not much humour or Dublin wit as in Love/Hate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

it’s enjoyed in the U.K. because they likely think this represents true Ireland and gangster's and there’s not many Irish things made for the U.K. market outside of mrs brown and the two cork lads

The internet isn’t for everyone

Advertisement