Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kin - RTE & AMC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Frank will be giving BJs to Viking next episode 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨

• Registered Users Posts: 85,623 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,227 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just watched ep 5 there.

Improves a bit each episode imo.

Overall it's not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,027 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Enjoyed Episode 5 and its really starting to get into gear (no pun intended). The Mayson Hotel is looking well, I'd be a bit iffy going in there before a gig at the 3Arena knowing what's happening in there 😀

Me thinks Frank's antics will be the end of him and a fake profile will end up killing him

Could we see Amanda become ruthless and somehow cop Eamonn out

Anna been kidnapped won't work out like we think. She could run off or something and not be caught by the baby face killer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Fearful? Where was that mentioned? If the Kinsellas have a couple of months worth of gear and dealers can't get a supply elsewhere they'll deal with the Kinsellas. Nature of the beast.

• Advertisement

Beady was **** himself meeting Frank because he didn't want to be associated with them.

The tattoo'd face guy wouldn't supply the Kinsellas because of Eamon.

My post was "They pull off the heist and they then can supply all other national dealers. At cut price and then turn them all on Eamonn. Would that soothe their worries?

All hypothetical, let's see what happens with the heist first."

I never mentioned anything of people being fearful of the Kinsellas. They're undoubtedly not but their fear of Eamon would be overridden by the need to get gear if the Kinsellas were the only ones with it.

And Beady, scared or pretending to be scared to set Frank up?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,405 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

It’s birdy not beady

Frank has gone from "if there's a feud between us and Frank there's only one winner" and "Going to Belgium to meet a Tunisian by myself is too dangerous" to attempting to seize all of Eamons national supplies.

It's just not believeable at all. The Kinsellas are a little family. You have Jimmy, Eric and Frank as main gang members and then Dotser. 4 lads in the gang...they'd be crushed in reality.

Beady, played by Ger Carey, the dealer with the Tunisian connection in Amsterdam.

• Advertisement

It wouldn't make for good drama if they all cowered in their houses. They either go on the run (where they'd not be safe) or they fight back. The heist a pretty smart and unexpected move actually.

Seathrun66 you seem to know a hell of a lot about the show ...

It's called research dude. IMDB.

And I can certainly tell the difference between a male drug dealer called Beady and a female family member called Birdy. The giveaway should have been us referring to Beady as 'he'.

Dude it seems you are really, really invested in this show ?

Only when dudes put up posts to correct the information of others yet get it ars*ways. Then I'm definitely invested.

ok dude, keep at it

i wonder will hinds be back for another series if it happens? Wouldn’t be surprised if he turned it down ...

It'll be interesting to see what'll happen on Sunday (rather wait than download). I presume the heist will work otherwise it's a shootout with several of the family dead and thus nothing else for the last few episodes. All depends how much gear they get and how many others they can get on their side. If Eamon looks weak and some of his enemies are willing to take a chance then all could turn.

If there's a second series and he's still alive then he'll be contractually locked in. They do that as standard procedure for all series these days. He could be down for 4/5 series, no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

It was a very disappointing heist, really not much drama to it. I expected someone to get shot or atleast some kind of gun fire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Latest episode was a big improvement.

<Ep 5 spoilers ahead>

A lot of the slow setup from the earlier episodes finally starting to pay off. Amanda is doing her best to play everyone off around her, very sly about when/who she revealed the info to. She hadn't counted on a mole revealing her growing role in the family to Eamon, will be interesting to see what she does next.

They could've drawn the heist out a bit more, but I did like the idea to do a tiger kidnapping to get access to the stash. It all went a bit too smoothly I thought and the end goal of this is still confusing to me. They have €50m of drugs they can't/won't be able to sell, and have a price on their heads. Are they just hoping that the people who deal with Eamon/Con will turn on them or what's the end result they're hoping for?

Also thought they're definitely setting things up for Frank to walk into a trap when he's supposed to meet someone off the dating app.

Viking's girlfriend is a pretty weak actress, but it kinda suits the character the way she comes across as a bit vacant. She's not on Amanda or Birdy's level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Thought that was the poorest episode so far, the previous looked to be building up to something........the result weak as piss

The heist was beyond stupid, use Mr Kingpins right hand man to steal all his stash then let him walk free .....drive home have a party, next morning yer man is on grinder looking at naked men and the other fella texting his daughter about bike rides in Summer...........now we find more grasses popping up than you'll find in the Phoenix park ....................and they really have no crew behind them, not a single fucker......it's daft

• Registered Users Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I wonder will they get to a match in the aviva?? There didn’t seem to be any lockdown, and the pubs were open for Moore to get shot. Maybe they will do a live episode like eastenders do, and centre it around the Ireland vs Qatar game next Wednesday. The Viking and his 1 still alive henchman can have a shootout with the goons from the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

I thought the gay boys that Aidan gillen was looking at was part of his plan. He wanted to find a boy that looked like Eric the Viking and set him up as the driver of the vehicle caught in camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,027 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The amount of times shots of the Aviva are shown is a bit OTT

• Registered Users Posts: 48 xanike7

I think it's the actresses first tv role ever so it would make sense that her acting is the weakest but you have pretty good actors in the show so it would be hard to top them anyways but she been doing alright.

But my guess is that maria doyle kennedy's character is gonna have a bigger role in all of this, I mean she's a pretty big actress and hasn't really done much thus far so I assume she has to have more impact eventually. Because she and Eamon had a thing in the past, well at least that's what I gathered from their interaction at Jamie's funeral. I bet that she's gonna try and settle things out with Eamon but it backfires or whatever, and the Frank is gonna die in the middle of all that trying to save his sister or something. Though I do I think the dating app is a way to trap him though but he won't fall for it or get out of it.

I was also confused with the heist as well, they can't deal their drugs yet but when do they think they would be able to? No one wants to be associated with them and they deal it just yet. Plus they have no protection from anyone I mean they have like a couple cops watching their houses but that's it. I suppose they don't want to attack their houses directly coz it would attract too much attention maybe? But this heist was kinda dumb because it would only spare them a little bit of time anyways and did they really think that Eamon wouldn't go after their kids? Regardless, I just hope for some more action these next episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,312 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

People need to use spoilers when hinting/giving clues as to what happens when they have seen an episode ahead of others !

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

You’d wonder does he have a get out clause all the same

an actor of his experience and genuine talent (check his IMDb like) would know well this kin yoke is well below par and he might say, screw this, I’m not going to run my reputation through the mud doing this lark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Just watched episode5. slow and plodding along with terrible acting and it almost feels like parts of scenes have been cut out during the editing process.

I will continue to watch it but wouldn't say I am actually enjoying it. Its all just so underwhelming and unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Aren't all the episodes of Sons of Anarchy terrible?

Advertisement