Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Succession [HBO] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

New season starts October 17th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Can anyone remind me how long episodes are available to view on ‘first showing’ – the 9 episodes come out once/week from 17 Oct to 12 Dec (according to Wikipedia), so if I (re-)joined for a single month on, say, 13 or 14 Nov, would I be able to see the first 4 episodes as well as the final 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭billyhead

Looks good. Such a dysfunctional family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The third season of Succession will receive its UK premiere on Sky Atlantic on Monday October 18th at 2am, simulcast with HBO’s east coast feed. The series premiere will also be repeated later the same day in the show’s regular 9pm time-slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Oops - just want to clarify that I was referring to Now TV, if anyone has any info

I watched the first one or two episodes when it first aired two or three years ago and I couldn't get into it. But based on countless recommendations since then - particularly regarding series two - I'm catching up now, and it really is extraordinary stuff. Utterly phenomenal writing.

You got that right. But they put the fun in dysfunctional.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,136 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm rewatching Season 2 before Season 3 comes out. Just so damn good. Tom is such a great character. Everyone else you mostly despise because they're a prick, but can sympathise with a little. Tom is more sympathetic than the rest but can also be an absolute bellend of the highest degree too.

• Advertisement

I think Kendall is OK. And Siobhan (but I suspect she'll get worse). Gregg is harmless.

Tom is insufferable! But hilarious. I don't find him sympathetic at all - but I'm only about to start series two this evening. Season one hell of an ending - reminds me of a father and son scene in the film 25th Hour, also Brian Cox (and Ed Norton).

I think Tom is one of the meanest to those under him (where he really goes out of his way to demean anyone he has a little bit of power over), but it's him trying to exert power because he's so stepped on by Shiv and everyone else. There are bits like Shiv making him agree to have an open marriage, and pretty much telling him she slept with someone else, you can see how much it hurts him. Likewise with Greg a bit, I think he's incredibly mean to Greg but he also really likes and trusts him and doesn't want him to leave.

The way he's like a rat up a drainpipe to be part of that family though... ew the sneakiness!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Podcast coming. Anyone fancy pitching podcasts to Logan?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Greg harmless?

He's the most cunning of them all!

Had a feeling someone might say that!

Edit: I'm starting episode three of series two, and it's starting to show. The doofus is becoming Roy'd. 😊

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 80,795 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Back tonight in US, also being shown at 2am on Sky Atlantic and again at 9pm.

I wonder will Logan spill the thing he has over Kendall.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,511 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Excellent episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Great to have it back.

Kendall setting up his base of operation in his ex wife's house was a bit ridiculous though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I wonder what effect filming during Covid times had.

Most of the scenes consisted of just the main actors in almost bubble like settings - the plane, the vans, the back of cars. There was the odd bit of extras from time to time, but in general even settings like the hotel felt noticeably devoid of human hustle and bustle. It felt like they used the bare minimum of locations.

It just struck in my mind as I watched certain parts. Like, take for instance the scene where they all listen in a phone on loudspeaker, over a bad line, in the back of one of the vans. Previously that could have been a separate scene in a separate location, we'd probably have seen other actors on screen, as opposed to just a disimbodied voice on a phone.

And Kendall suddenly abruptly deciding to not go to the office and staying completely put in one location for the rest of the episode felt, maybe, like an improvised filming solution.

That could all be nonsense of course, but it is interesting watching things knowing that they probably were dealing with filming restrictions of some kind and whether sometimes the script will indirectly reflect that.

It doesn't take away from the show really, because it's all about the characters and it was an enjoyable scene setter for the season. I laughed a fair bit. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Though I have a small concern that the show could run out of narrative drive. Can it keep the story of them fcking each other interesting? Time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Why didn't Kendall just go to his own house/apartment?!

Great episode all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

"Do you want to suck my d*ck?"

Roman- "He says to his son in the midst of sexual assault allegations".

Superb line 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Great first episode back. Really a feeling of frenetic pace and tension building. Will be great to see where it all goes.

I think its that his apartment is paid for by the company, so he's not able to use it as they're shutting him out. He likely also knew they'd be watching it to see who is coming and going so he wanted somewhere they might not think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

He said as much in the episode.

'The press are all over my place' or something like that, so he just wanted a bit of privacy for his recruiting.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I watched the season 3 opener last night and was very pleased with it and I'm looking forward to things to come.

Brian Cox sounds very like the guy doing the voiceover for the Virgin Media ads at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Pretty sure it is him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Advertisement