Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Succession [HBO] *Spoilers*

Comments

I'm reminded of Kendall in one of the earlier seasons when he arrived high after being picked up by Roman. He said to Logan that Logan is disgusted by what he's given his kids. Maybe kendall was right all along. Logan can't be happy for his kids because they grew up with what he didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Logan can't be happy because none of them have worked as hard for what he's achieved. None of them deserve to run the company, or have the ability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I do think the dick pic proved a lot more consequential to Roman than it first looked. Even Logan's tone towards him changed in the last episode. He was reluctant to bring him along to the meeting with the GoJo guy, and even when he eventually did agree to bring him, sent him back to the wedding after no length. Prior to that, he allowed Roman to basically handle the negotiations, and he was essentially responsible for getting the initial agreement on board, and indeed endorsing the new presidential candidate.

As far as Logan is concerned, one of his kids is an addict, another a pervert and he doesn't agree with Shiv's political leanings. But the dick pic was the straw that broke Roman's back so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,963 ✭✭✭billyhead

Agree. He seemed to have confidence in Roman before the dickpic. I reckon he was considering him as his top choice to succeed him but that all fell apart after the photo incident and he figured he would rather sell up then watch his company be led by a bunch of misfits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,463 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Pretty poor ending to S3, not much Greg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

It was Adrien Brody that done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

After an inferior season to the 2 previous ones I thought it was a glorious finale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Greg is great but he's effectively a comedic character. He doesn't need to be in the key scenes of the finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Great finish, Shiv, Ken and Rome chatting away on route about it being "fun" fighting over the different sectors of the company only to get the rug pulled from under their feet by Logan and with a few customaries "Fu*k off" thrown in for good measure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

Pretty good show, bit boring and annoying at times but definitely worth a watch. The biggest take away for me was that guy Hugo's head. I have never seen a combination of such a prominent jaw and skinny pencil neck in my life. Every time he was on screen all I could think about was chinning him! If you landed a stiff uppercut on his big jaw the back of his head would probably bounce of his backbone. I'm obsessed with chinning him.

Maybe you need to see someone to work out your violence issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

Since I'm not some kind of American liberal chick I probably won't be going to "see someone" for makey uppy psychological ailments!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I was concerned for S3 because 1 and 2 were so good I doubted the standard would continue at that perfection level. It wasn't until E3 (he's coming in) episode that it seemed to improve after a flat start but after that one the Adrien Brody and the Birthday Bash episodes were particularity dull I felt.

I didn't care for the whole son vs everyone else thing anyway. I think all that was just a bit too unrealistic and it really dominated most of the series and got a bit boring as it dragged on.

It wasn't all bad of course, the acting was still top notch and the lead up from S7 to the finale was a bit more like it.

I think I twigged by S7 that Logan was going to do something surprising that made him come out on top, not knowing exactly what. Tom was always giving off vibes he was going to turn as well and I agree it was him that tipped off Logan.

Great final scene, very intense, and hopefully we see more of that in S4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Maybe it's recency bias but for me season 3 was best so far.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭growleaves

I was watching earlier seasons and they mention Roman went to military school.

I think that may have been a nod to the character Culkin played in 'Igby Goes Down'.

The character in that film was like a younger Roman, a teenager from a super-wealthy family where they're fighting and having witty exchanges. One of my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Thomhic312

Kieran Culkin talks a bit about the show in this. If anyone is interested.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,513 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Overall, it felt like this season was lacking in firepower. However, it did improve in the last couple of episodes and the finale delivered, imo. Whilst there's been much praise towards Jeremy Strong, let's not forget about Brian Cox. I really felt his theatre background in the family confrontation. It would have been nice to see Siobhan's facial expression in response to Logan's mimicry, we got enough of the emotional hit once Tom dropped by.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I'm not blow away by Strong's performance and I don't get why he's getting all the all respect for acting when Cox, Culkin and Macfayden are clearly the standouts in that department.

Cox was born to play that role so there is an element of himself there. He most always plays the baddie. Just suits him. If I were to choose a best acting performance here I'd give it to Macfayden.

And a special mention to J. Smith Cameron who plays Geri. I think she's brilliant altogether. That scene where she was confronted by Shiv over the dick pics was particularly stand out from her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,675 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'm a bit late to the party here but I never watched this show and I see Sky is doing a re run of it from the start so I'll give it a go and see whats its like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Bit of a slow start for season 3, but the pieces were being put in place for the palace intrigue; season built up well, with lots of laugh-out-loud moments. Last episode was Shakespearean (the whole thing is Shakespearean, mind).

Like I said at end of season 1, Greg will be the last one standing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

I see Jeremy Strong and Sarah Snook (Kendall and Shiv) both picked up Emmys last night.

Binged all three seasons over the last couple of weeks, wrapping up Saturday night. Cracking show, albeit stretching credibility a little by times. Strong's performance throughout season 3, culminating with his devastating turn in the final episode were the highlight for me. In the build up to it from the beginning of the birthday episode to the outdoor scene with Roman and Shiv, he was tremendous. The character is obviously in the depths of depression and his body language, the way he carried himself, the way he spoke, even his slightly hunched walk, really hard hitting stuff. Cox is very watchable in everything he does but he chews the scenery whenever he appears. It echo's King Lear and other Shakespearian works and the primary driver of all the kids, is getting the love and attention they never received from their father. Its pretty sad and not hard to imagine that families coming from similar obscenely wealthy backgrounds face similar struggles.

I love the subtle nuances and traits the characters have like Logan with his "uh, huh" response when speaking to people and Ken trying to emulate him by using the same turn of phrase. The characters are generally unlikeable but its hard not to feel sympathy for Ken and Tom. Shiv and Roman though are just arseholes.

Well worth a watch and its going to be interesting to see where things lead with S4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Only heard about this show a week or 2 ago and steamrolled through all 3 seasons!

Great show.

I almost love how all the characters are so unlikable .... except Greg The Egg

Still can't watch Alan Ruck in anything without thinking of Ferris Buellers Day Off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Officer999

Finished season 3. While I do feel it dipped in quality it’s still outstanding television.

I don’t have sympathy for Shiv or Roman. Kendall offered them the opportunity right at the start of the season to side with him and take their father down. That was their opportunity. Along with Conor. That scene in Kendall’s daughters room. He layed it out to them. But they sided with their father with blinded loyalty. They still believed they could get the top job. It was too late at the end.

Also while I hate Roman throughout the show, I did really like his reaction to Kendall’s confession about the boy’s death. It was the first time we saw compassion from him. ‘I’m the real victim waiting 20 minutes for a gin and tonic’ was a great line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Surely Logan would have known all along when he was doing the deal anyway and no one tipped him off?

When Gerri was told something and exited the wedding quickly I presumed that’s when Logan had decided to change the terms.

That was before Tom received the news and call.

Or she just had to work on the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

And I can't help seeing Greg the Egg as a younger sneakier brother to Jonah Ryan outta Veep. Lanky giants trying to finagle their way in the world of business/political worlds, with family connections to back them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,895 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Teaser trailer for season 4,

Arrives Spring 2023.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,543 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,513 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

HBO ending it with season 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Succession Season 4 from 27th March on Sky Atlantic and NOW

Keep forgetting it's on, even though the case have been promoting it everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,258 ✭✭✭✭Penn

A decent start to the final season. Starts setting things up well. I'm glad there's a bit less focus just on Kendall at the minute, allows more time to deal with Shiv and Tom and their relationship.

I'll miss the show when it ends, but it was getting to the point where they had to end it or risk stretching the absolute bejaysus out of it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

I did think it was a good episode, in particular the Shiv/Tom interaction, but from a plot perspective, with the acquisition, they are really recycling the same old plot. I thought the bidding war came across as far-fetched. I'd agree that it's probably for the best that they end it now while its still on a critical high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Good to have it back.

The disgusting brothers!!

The girl asking for a selfie with Logan.

No doubt he'll pull the plug on the GoJo deal leaving the kids high and dry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Great observation about the 'uh huhs' - I hadn't picked up on it, but recognised it straight away when I read it.

I like seeing how Roman can't sit normally on any furniture, like he has so little respect for everyone and everything that putting his feet up on the furniture is almost ingrained in him. He did sit normally in the negotiation with Nan Pierce's at her house though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭MfMan

Where is Nan Pierce's house located, where the in-person negotiations were taking place? If in California, why would they fly to it in a Lear jet when they already were in Ca. in the first place?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Because it's a serious flex! I'd totally be flying here, there and everywhere if I had a Lear jet just sitting outside......

Climate change what now?

Congrats on losing your betrayal cherry!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Unquestionably the greatest show on TV right now.

"Greg, f*ck off" :D

• Advertisement

Why would Ken keep quiet about knowing Matsson will walk if they ask for more? What's the play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭eronayne

Revenge on Logan, and maybe a way back in to their plan from the end of Season 3 to just oust Logan from Waystar and have the three of them take over. If the deal falls apart it'll have happened on Logan's watch and Waystar would take a substantial hit. Maybe Kendell wants to position themselves to force him out finally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

It could also just be that he just wants to f*ck over Logan, even if it means the rest of them lose out on a lot of money. Shiv seems to be going along the same lines with how she approached Sandi about it. She's p*ssed at Logan for giving Tom help with their divorce so sets the idea of Sandi and them pushing for a bit extra even though it would put the deal in jeopardy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement