Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Succession [HBO] *Spoilers*

Options
1303132333436»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

It was Kendall who left him to drown after the crash. He hesitated and thought about saving him but instead chose to save himself. Kendall was responsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭growleaves

He'd be in serious trouble just for leaving the scene of a dying person without calling an ambulance or otherwise getting help even if he hadn't driven the car into the lake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

A cowardly or smart move…. It would have been his Chappaquiddick

Funny how in S2E1 Shiv says she would would rather side with Sandy (Logan’s oldest rival) then see Ken( The eldest boy) become CEO….

In a fight would Greg the egg have been the most formidable ?

• Advertisement

Scorpion life.

Very good. Shiv is all about self preservation to the very end. Sadly it will actually cost her more than she realises.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭crushproof

Just started watching again, had totally forgotten that Roman had kids. What on earth happened them and his other half throughout the rest of the show?

Season 5 confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I read an interview where that was the pilot for the show, but after seeing Kieran Culkin's performance they decided to change the character to he was just dating that woman and they were her kids (or one kid) from a previous relationship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭colly10

Afraid to dig through this thread and get hit with spoilers.

Am just wondering where people are watching this? I have Prime and Netflix and Apple Tv which don't have it, I don't have Sky.

My parents told me they're watching this on RTE player but I see no sign of it, are they wrong?

Think it's on Now TV. Shows from HBO in America are usually on Sky Atlantic and Now TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,596 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Started doing a sporadic rewatch of Series 1..... everyone looks so young somehow but still the same bullsh1t.

Kendall - "Words are just complicated air flow...right?" 🤣🤣🤣

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,058 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Come here. I missed what happened and was said between Tom and Greg in the toilet, about 20 minutes from the end of the last episode. Can someone pm it to me?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,058 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Good man Greg. Deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,010 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Just started watching Season 4.

I absolutely loved Connor singing Famous Blue Raincoat by Leonard Cohen at the Karaoke.

It was such a Connor thing to do.

I sang along myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,058 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

27 total Emmy nominations, many acting

• Registered Users Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Wonder would they do a spin off series with one of the characters like what happened when The Good Wife finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

I'd watch a Greg and Tom spinoff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I finished binge watching the series and loved it.

I really thought Kendall was going to kill himself in the final episode. When they had the scene where they were putting pen to paper in front of the window, I was half expecting he was going to be shown dropping in the background. I found it interesting that Jeremy Strong did an unused take where he had Kendall attempt to jump in the river at the end.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 27,903 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

As might be expected, up for a rake of Golden Globes - best Drama series and also acting nods for:

Best female actor in a television series (Drama)

Sarah Snook – Succession

Best male actor in a television series (Drama)

Kieran Culkin – Succession

Jeremy Strong – Succession

Brian Cox – Succession

Best supporting female actor on television series

J Smith-Cameron – Succession

Best supporting male actor on television series

Matthew Macfadyen – Succession

Alan Ruck – Succession

Alexander Skarsgård – Succession

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,958 ✭✭✭✭bnt

What happens to Shiv now? It's interesting to ponder.

She didn't get what she wanted, but she still has it good. Married to the CEO, expecting their baby - which makes me wonder why she pushed so hard to be CEO in the first place - and still as rich as ****. Will she take the hint, relax and try to enjoy motherhood, and find something else to do with herself? Or is that kid going to be neglected and grow up to be another Kendall or Shiv Roy, as his/her mother chases up another corporate ladder? Which is the better story? 😬

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

On the surface she has unhappily become her mother, but the reality is Tom won't be CEO for long. He'll be the patsy at the first sign of trouble, and Shiv has done what she always done - reacting out of emotion thereby shooting herself in the foot. What is not in doubt is that the kid will have no chance.

As expected, Succession sweeping the awards, after a rake at the Golden Globes, wins at the Emmy last night for Best Drama as well as writing and acting awards for Kieran Culkin & Sarah Snook in lead roles and Matthew MacFayden in supporting role.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2024/0116/1426733-six-cess-for-succession-and-the-bear-at-the-emmy-awards/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭MfMan

Well deserved, but I'd have included in and given MacFayden Best Actor award. By far the best actor and most rounded character of the ensemble.

I'd mostly agree but I wonder if there might have been a bit of gaming the system there from the Succession lads so both picked up awards.

They did something similar a few years back at the Emmys - Brian Cox and Jeremy Strong were in the lead category and Kieron Culkin was in the supporting category back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

The nominations are always a bit of a minefield when dealing with such an ensemble, usually resulting in some coordination.

Kieran Culkin was a due one Emmy over the course of the show, but Season 4 was his strongest anyway.

Made sense to put MacFadyen in for an easy Supporting. Despite enjoying all 8 nominees in that category, I doubt anyone got near him. Whereas I reckon Best Actor was considerably closer.

Advertisement