Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Housefree

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

I put my parents on gomo when it first launched. They were cut off today because the debit card the account was set up with expired so they owe 2 months. They never spotted in their emails. Now they can't log in to their account to change details . I emailed support but I need to know 2 things. When they are supplied with new payment details will my parents be able to keep their no.s and will they still be on the 9.99 bill or will they use it as an excuse to jump them up to the new price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

I'm sure legally you have breached the terms of the contract so they can do whatever they like.

but I think if you offer to pay for the past months and highlight it was an error they should be fine.

Chat seems to work pretty well.

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Tried to port today but GOMO advise it failed. It seem I made the wrong account selection of what I am coming over from! They say it’s does not match with my currreny provider! I am on a EIR plan of €20 a month for Everything. What option do I select in this instance???? Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Do you top with credit 🤔 if so prepay.

Is your number on contract on its own 🤔 then its contract and you'll need account number.

Is your number part of an account that has more than one number on the account 🤔 this is called multi line and account number not normally required.

Is your number on a subsidised tariff (discounted) for example public body, HSE etc, these are known as corporate accounts, account number not normally required.

If still not sure, best call Eir and get account number just in case.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

many Thanks … looks like I will try the multi line option. Son and daughter also have EIR numbers using my Account. So this could be this way to go.

Sorry to hear this, I see no reason if Bill paid and new card details updated your parents plan should be safe and numbers too. Obviously prolonged issues with payment could lead to contract being cancelled and I'd hope Gomo won't do this in your parents case as it's a genuine mistake . Other than that if your parents cancelled and moved obviously they wouldn't get the €9.99 offer again. I'm on this myself.

Just one caveat, Gomo would obviously like to reduce the amount of people on the €9.99 offer, I'd be moving very quickly to get this resolved.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Anyone have any luck getting any sort of a response from GoMo regarding WiFi Calling, I am on the 9.99 plan and seems like its still not available to those of us who availed of the 9.99 and 12.99 plans. Ive sent a few emails over the last few weeks and all have gone unanswered. Their 5G offering is also restricted to 100Mb, as whenever I run a speedtest I starts over 200Mb and quickly drops back to 100Mb everytime. If is disable 5G and run the speedtest again I would regularly get speeds of 240Mb+

• Registered Users Posts: 35 buzz77

Asked same in support chat yesterday, was told 'few weeks'.

What phone are you using to get 5G? I have a Moto G 5G but I can only get 4G.

I'm a little baffled by this 5g coverage on gomo, they do not offer a 5g service and even if they did, I'd imagine it would only be on a new 5g plan that would be quite expensive and only on a new plan.

I've checked with gomo a few times and have been told they do not offer 5g coverage or service. I'm on the €9.99 offer.

I do have a 5g compatible phone and I've noticed in urban areas the 5g symbol showing, it only lasts a very short time, very intermittent, on quickly checking speeds, definitely not 5g. I certainly don't get it consistently or were I live (Rural but in a area that has 5g on other networks), I'm aware nearest Eir masts not yet 5g upgraded.

My only logical conclusions are

The phone piggy backs only temporarily on Eirs 5g network and is quickly booted off, gomo essentially piggybacks off Eirs network. This could be a glitch in the initial set up of gomo service, overlooked before eir launched its 5g network. Its only a guess but seems a possibility.

Or 5g phones are perhaps picking up 5g networks, displaying it but actually not fully connected to a 5g service. A bit like setting up your device to only pick up, 3g,4g or 5g in settings.

Officially Gomo do not offer, market or sell a 5g network to any customer on any current plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Hi,

Having an issue with GoMo.

Ported from Vodafone during week, all fine. Apart from when I receive any calls it shows "no caller ID" on my phone.

The caller's do not have their ID blocked.

I have tried the GoMo SIM in different phones and it's the same issue so it is not a issue with the phone.

The issue must be with the GoMo SIM and my account? Anyone experience anything similar?

Looked on Google and seems an issue more so in America that carrier's need to activate something at their end.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone have a list of what phones are supported for WiFi calling?

I'm on the 14.99 plan but WiFi calling not available on my new Nord 2 so had to send it back.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

GoMo uses the Eir network, so I would expect that any handset that supports WiFi calling on Eir will also support it on GoMo (providing your GoMo plan also supports it). The link below on Eir's website lists their supported handsets, and if you drill down for each handset you can check if WiFi Calling is supported. In general, Apple support it on iPhones from 5C onwards, but Android requires carrier-specific config in the handset to support each carrier. When a manufacturer updates their config to support WiFi Calling for a given carrier, they tend to release this config in all subsequent models. However, if a manufacturer has never included a carrier in their config for any handset, then you shouldn't assume that it will work. If your handset firmware pre-dates the manufacturer's config for your carrier, you may be able to get a firmware update to make your handset work.

https://www.eir.ie/support/smartphonehelp/?page=/

Cheers, seems to be just iPhones and Samsungs.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Not just Samsung & iPhone - there are several other makes listed on that site. Sony, Oppo, Huawei, Nokia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭long_b

Easiest way to be sure would be to get a phone originally sold by Eir from the list shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Ian OB

Well I've been doing it quite successfully since last January/February with no extra charge.

Cheers lads, they have some oppo phones but a bad selection would that mean they support all oppos?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

It probably depends on whether Oppo have a specific carrier version of firmware for each device, or whether they add the config to their generic firmware for all devices after they configure for it for each carrier. Apple appear to take the latter approach, but Samsung has carrier-specific firmware for each device. The carrier-specific firmware makes for very cumbersome upgrades, but was probably driven by some of the big-brand operators forcing the manufacturers to brand their handsets with operator-specific branding. The only way to be sure is to borrow an Oppo handset from someone that is not in Eir's range, and see if WiFi calling works on it.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Iphone 12 pro max and I regularly get 5g on gomo in and around Waterford City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 buzz77

Summer is gone and no sign of 4G & WiFi Calling for €9.99/€12.99 customers. I really need it due to poor coverage at my place (less than -100 dBm on 3G).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Has anyone experienced a Gomo sim card just suddenly going dead? A family member is a Gomo customer for the last 6 months with no issues. Last week the sim just stopped working. He took his phone to a repair shop (thinking his phone was faulty) and they told him to contact Gomo as the sim was dead. He contacted Gomo and they said that the issue is on their end, but they didn't give any explanation as to what happened and then they told him that there was no timeframe for resolution. This seems strange to me and I'm wondering if anyone has had similar issues

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭byrnefm

I didn't see it mentioned elsewhere on the thread but if you log into GoMo, go to MyGoMo -> My Usage, you'll get a detailed breakdown up to the previous hour or two. There's a bug on the pages in that they state data usage as GB instead of MB but otherwise it seems to be pretty accurate. I think the above is a recent addition?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Same here: the response I got by email just last week was:

"WiFi calling will be available for all GoMo customers in the coming months, keep an eye on gomo.ie for future updates!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GBINGO

Hi, Moved recently to GOMO.

Had exactly the same problem. Contacted GOMO via web mail and web chat (3 times). They confirmed that the problem was at their end and that it would be fixed "asap". It was fixed without warning after 4 days.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,401 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Gomo are owned by Eir, they probably meant Summer 2022 or 2023

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭MinnieMinx

Definitely not my error. GoMo accepted they cocked up (not sure exactly what went wrong) and they gave me a month free as a goodwill gesture.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

Might have been asked before but can't see it on the gomo website.

Is northern ireland roaming included in there package?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭jgbyr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭GatsbyGal

Is there a charge with GoMo for dialing an international freephone (1800) number in the US? I am on the 9.99 per month plan.

Advertisement