Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭pg17

chops018 wrote: »
    This might have been asked already but I ordered a GoMo sim the other day and selected to keep my current number. I selected the move date of my current number to the 18 May 2021.

I logged in to my GoMo account this morning just to double check the move date for my current number and it said the 18 May, so that's fine.

However, when I went into account details it lists a different number.

I am presuming the sim they send out has a number attached to it and this is the number on the account details and that on the move date for my number then my current number will just go over onto this new sim. Is that correct?

All the advice from others above is good - I would add that you need to leave the old SIM in you phone until you receive an SMS asking you to agree that the original number can be ported. The port will not happen if you don't confirm.

You can monitor progress if you wait until you loose service on the old number and then power down and change the SIM. In my case, I think the port completed and I got service on the GoMo SIM about 4 hours after I approved the change by SMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Thanks all. Great info there. I will check when the sim comes that it matches the number on my GoMo account i.e. the 085 number for the new sim. I will then keep my current sim until it loses signal and then switch my phone off for a bit and change the sims.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Didn't have a good experience with GoMo yesterday. Brought the missus to Carlow for the Vaccine, radio was bugging the life out of me every station jabbering on about touching clothes in Penneys, no flakes for ice creams etc so I decided to stream some music from my phone.... kept stopping and starting, no connection for a good few Km's, I thought I was back with 3 again, thinks I will be moving back to VF or maybe I'll give Post Mobile a try on their €15 p.m package.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Is gomo down for anyone? Wife's phone has no signal at all this morning. Tried the sim in my phone too and it was the same so ruled it out being her phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Gomo is working for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Working fine for me. Maybe her sim has developed a fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭myfreespirit

No problems with GoMo this morning, here on Dublin Northside.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Working fine for me in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Have my GoMo SIM nearly a week. All seems working fine and I'm getting log in text codes for work and my bank so that's all good. Service seems the exact same as Eir so again happy with that (sure don't Eir own them anyway?). Should have moved ages ago for the price. Thanks all for the helpful comments, I followed what yee said about letting the service fo down on my sim and turning the phone off for a while before putting in the GoMo SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭billyhead

Can someone tell me is the data usage set at 80gb or 100gb. I am signed up to the 9.99 plan.

• Advertisement

It's now 120 GB per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,602 ✭✭✭Kat1170

eirman wrote: »
    A friend of mine got a 7-day warning text from Gomo because his DD from ulster bank failed.
    The text and links seem genuine. He has thousands in his account.

Has anyone else ever experienced anything like this ?

Contact the bank directly. Do NOT follow any link.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭eirman

Kat1170 wrote: »
    Contact the bank directly. Do NOT follow any link.

I deleted my original post
    The text was genuine - but thanks for the warning!

He needs to update his card expiry date.
    I'll talk him through it on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,935 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Sorry if it's been asked before, is there an easy way to remove/disable pin from my gomo sim card, I'm going to try one in a router, experimenting etc.

Was hoping I don't have to request this but will if have to

Thanks

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Sorry if it's been asked before, is there an easy way to remove/disable pin from my gomo sim card, I'm going to try one in a router, experimenting etc.

Was hoping I don't have to request this but will if have to

Thanks
    It can be disabled in security settings on phone !

• Registered Users Posts: 26,935 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

It can be disabled in security settings on phone !

Perfect, I'll give it a go (mo) :)

Thanks for that

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

The coverage was down here this morning. It is crazy that they have no phone number to report a fault.

Happy enough went them otherwise.

Coverage came back at lunchtime

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭eprndrgst

I can’t log into my account to pay my bill. Anyone else having this issue?

eprndrgst wrote:

Just wondering why you manually pay your bill? I thought the whole Idea of providing your card details is for GoMo to automatically take the money from your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

eprndrgst wrote: »

All working fine just now anyway
    Gooser14 wrote: »
    Just wondering why you manually pay your bill? I thought the whole Idea of providing your card details is for GoMo to automatically take the money from your account.

I always pay as soon as it comes in so I know its done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭eprndrgst

Gooser14 wrote: »

I always just pay it as soon as I get the notification. Dunno why… always have done it this way.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I know when I signed up I didn't have that option, I had to allow them to charge my card automatically every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

New Home wrote: »
    I know when I signed up I didn't have that option, I had to allow them to charge my card automatically every month.

That's correct, but if you now go in to your account and your bill is there you can pay it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I was looking at the GoMo website to get information on WiFi calling. It says that it's currently available only to those who are paying €14.99 a month but that it will be rolled out to other users in the near future. Does anyone know when, by chance? Also, how would you go about making a call with WiFi calling? Can it be use to make international calls? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

I was looking at the GoMo website to get information on WiFi calling. It says that it's currently available only to those who are paying €14.99 a month but that it will be rolled out to other users in the near future. Does anyone know when, by chance? Also, how would you go about making a call with WiFi calling? Can it be use to make international calls? Thanks.
    I asked Gomo this a couple of weeks ago but couldn't get any dates from them.

I also suspect it may only work with the Eir/Meteor handsets that support Wifi calling.

If everything is set up correctly just enabling WiFi calling on your phone's settings should let you use a normal WiFi connection to make/receive calls and send SMS.

I don't know the story is with making International Calls.

Thanks for that. I was trying to figure out if I could use my data to make calls like I would with Skype (only using the phone app) or not, if it worked it'd hopefully take care of international charges. I guess time will tell. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Thanks for that. I was trying to figure out if I could use my data to make calls like I would with Skype (only using the phone app) or not, if it worked it'd hopefully take care of international charges. I guess time will tell. :)

Eir allow international use over Wifi for calls and SMS. It works extremally well even with Airplane mode on.
    Vodafone don't allow use outside of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Calls on WiFi calling are still taken from your allowance or charged at the standard rate, it won’t give you the option to make free/cheap international calls unless you can already do that on the mobile network.

See, this is where I get lost - if I have enough data, wouldn't the calls be taken out of that? Would you get charged for the international calls as you would if you were dialling an international number normally?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭long_b

See, this is where I get lost - if I have enough data, wouldn't the calls be taken out of that? Would you get charged for the international calls as you would if you were dialling an international number normally?

There are two types of calling - one via your mobile operator (regular phone calls) and the other is an "over the top" service like WhatsApp or Facetime.

"Over the top" means it avoids your mobile plan completely (apart from maybe the mobile data that you're using) and it doesn't matter where anybody lives, any calls made are free.

However, making regular phone calls via your mobile operator will cost you according to your mobile plan.

WiFi calling just lets you make regular phone calls in situations where there is no mobile signal but you do have access to WiFi.

So, if you have WiFi and you can use an app like WhatsApp/Signal/Facetime then that's the cheapest way to go.

Advertisement