Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hook taking charge.

I hope he can bump like a maniac when it’s time for his comeuppance. He is right up there with 2.0 and Garica with a punchable face.

Damn fair play to Sting that was some spiked piledriver to take.

Don Callis is just so good.

The Best Bout Machine vs The American Dragon.

Two hour Rampage next week with Punk vs Hobbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Oh my God! Getting spoiled at the NY show. What a week of wrestling I'll have. AEW Wednesday, GCW Thursday and Friday and PWG in LA Sunday. Getting those airmiles in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I thought they'd have Hirsch win there. Cargill is like 3rd in the rankings behind Ruby (who'll drop after she loses next week) and Rosa who I don't see winning until the first 2022 PPV, so she's coming up for a shot at Britt soon. She's way too inexperienced for that, and Britt is not someone who'll carry Jade to a good match imo. Hirsch was a good option for that first loss to drop her down.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,784 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was trying to figure out if that guy in the front row was actually trying to hit Black. Seemed to get pretty close.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There's something about Cody's feuds that just leave me very cold. Like, they're booked like "WWE feuds". Why is Black having competitive matches with nobodies, having the celebrity interactions, and so on. Why is Cody, of all people, coming through the crowd? He's the guy running the show. Not out getting a hotdog at concessions, or someone like Mox. It doesn't fit the character at all.

Rest of the card was great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,784 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah didn't get that part. Why wasn't he in the back? How often have we seen him come out with headset on?

So the card for next week (so far) is absolutely stacked. Like PPV card level (although damn commercials will mean short matches)

Dynamite

Rhodes vs Black

Omega vs Danielson

MJF vs Pillman

Baker vs Soho (title match)

Sting/Allin vs FTR

Rampage

Cole/Bucks vs Christian/Jurassic Express

CM Punk vs Hobbs

Jericho/Hager for MOTY

Rampage will be 2 hours as well so you're adding another 2 matches there most likely (I'd be expecting PnP at least since it's a homecoming, and then a womens match TayJay vs Ford/Bunny is my expectation there). Although Mox/Kingston vs Suzuki/Archer is going in there somewhere too I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Looking up more about Suzuki-Gun and seems Kojima was the one who originally started the stable and was ousted for Suzuki. Maybe his appearance at All Out wasn't just a one off random showing and he might play a part in this feud.

As much as I wanted to see Eddie get a big win in his hometown, think Archer picking up the win does more for him than Eddie or Mox.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Bryan/Omega bit was simple and great. Intense Bryan is always good and when you strip away all The Elite flotsam and leave Omega with a motormouth like Callis, it can work.

Jade Cargill is incredible...and then the bell rings.

Cole is effortlessly cool.

ATT has a lot of high-profile fighters, AEW would be doing well if they signed one or two and with the way pay is in UFC I'd say some would jump at the chance.

They want to present Black as this malevolent force but you strip away a lot of his menace when 60 years olds are shrugging off the Black Mass and actresses are jumping on his back.

Great Dynamite to set up the shows nicely for next week.

Loved the pop that Adam Cole got.

My only criticism is Jericho and Hager answering Lambert's challenge. Was hoping Jericho would go away for a few months with Fozzy.

I could see Paige VanZant doing it (I think she was linked to WWE before) and she's barely a fighter anymore so would be possible. The others are under contract so I doubt they're allowed do anything other than stand there and maybe say a few words. Masvidal was at All Out and he's enough of an attraction that if Tony was willing to pay Dana a load to allow it, he'd be a draw for casuals to watch imo. As would Poirier but he hasn't been seen in AEW yet so assume he has no interest in it.

VanZant's MMA career is pretty much finished now at a top level and if she was interested in wrestling she would be a good signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It would need to be a pretty lucrative contract to get PVZ. She signed a big deal with BKFC and selling nudes is making her even more than that apparently...

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2021/7/1/22558299/paige-vanzant-says-one-month-from-fan-site-pays-more-than-entire-bkfc-ufc-contracts

Suzuki is wrestling Joey Janela at GCW Aftermath.

Between Dark Side of the Ring and his friendship with Mox that lead to him getting a main event on AEW, Gages promotion really has gotten itself some serious attention this year.

I think she only has a fight left on that contract though and don't see why she'd be getting another good contract there.

Course, shes not really a draw as a signing so doubt the money she'd want would be worth it. Someone like Masvidal, even in a one off trios match would draw though. Masvidal and MOTY Vs Jericho, Sammy and Hager or something like that and you can at least do something shoot style between him and Hager in that.

I want to hear 2.O say something along the lines of……

We’re so good the the place that sacked us have now rebranded in honour of us because they realised what a mistake it was letting us go.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well you'll get your wish regarding Jericho sometime in November, maybe November 17th. or write him out on the November 19th episode of Rampage. Fozzy start their European run on November 29th through December 12th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I absolutely loved this Dynamite

One of my favorite wrestlers Adam Cole with a damn killer match. Man i'm such a big fan of his, so good.

MJF has to be the best heels in the business at the moment, the hatred the crowd had for him was palatable, he's so good on the Mic. The line about Pillman Sr and starts looking down to hell, the heat.....

I even liked Dan Lambert segment and wasnt to keen on his recent appearances but I think the fans won me over on this bit and plus they were terrific all the way through.

A good crowd can make or break a show at this point

Bryan Danielson challenges Kenny Omega, I just get goosebumps even thinking about this

Next week is seriously stacked, this is PPV quality and i'm only paying around 4 euro for this?????? God damn steal

I hope the Omega/Danielson match is free from shenanigans, just let the pair of them go for 15/20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

True but I would happily accept Okada or Ibushi shenanigans.

IF that happened, I'd be totally cool with it. Hell gimme a future hypothetical tag match of Okada/Danielson vs. Omega/Ibushi.

Does anyone else think that Mark Sterling is a bit **** and he does nothing for Jade?

I was actually thinking a heel Mark Henry could be a good manger for her (just basically him from his hall of pain days but as manger) and I might be wrong but didn't he discover her?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The fact it’s not for the title makes me think Danielson is winning.

If it doesn’t go clean I would like to see hangman interfering to cost Omega. Good way to get hangman back into the title scene by enraging omega.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Really good show, the cards for next week are so stacked, especially Danielson/Omega, love that. Ibushi and Okada are wrestling Ishii and EVIL respectively in the G1 on the 23rd and 24th.

Most of the non-wrestling stuff was great, the Danielson/Omega, Lambert and MJF segments especially. Also liked that Hobbs and Hook got into it with Punk, great chance to shine next week for Powerhouse. I likes Darby/Spears too, good match that had some history to play off of with a good angle post-match.

Also loved Archer rocking the Suzuki-gun gear. Did Davey Jr. resign with WWE that time? I can't remember but if not he could have showed up to help his Suzuki-gun brothers. You'd nearly wonder was everything around Kaze Ni Nare and the whole Suzuki incident really a big fcuk up like everyone said. It's all fits together for the story a little too nicely...

You might have a point. There's plenty of time for Danielson to win that Championship, once Hangman knocks Kenny off his perch.

1.175m number 1 show on cable.

Dynamite beat RAW again in the 18-49 demo.

• Advertisement

Putting the belt on Big E didn't work then

Advertisement