Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,886 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nick being in the shadow of Darby like Christian was always in the shadow of Adam is just perfect common sense logic for Nick turning on Darby and joining Christian.

On Timeless Toni Storms enterance  Ian Riccaboni asks why are we in Black & White has to be the best line of the week.

Toni Storm gives them a script to read out.

Toni is just killing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭SteM

This Toni Storm thing is so goofy imho, people would be eye rolling if it was done on wwe tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,626 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I'm so happy for Ricky and Big Bill, really deserved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There is no difference between WWE and AEW in terms of goofiness. I don't know why people act like there is.

As for Toni, it's the first time in her career she has actually shown personality and been entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭SteM

Act like what? It's cringy **** as far as I'm concerned, wouldn't be out of place on NXT. You might find it entertaining, I certainly don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,507 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I was to going ask about FTR losing this way, was there a reason, hardly returning to WWE with Punk as CMFTR trademarked 😄 they signed new contract extensions I believe

The script Timeless Toni Storm was handing out 😂

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I love this Toni Storm gimmick - even down to doing the the outros to camera for ad breaks, it's well thought out and very entertaining.

Surprised at Big Bill and Starks getting the tag belts.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

"what is know as an ARMDRAG" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,290 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Kiera going offscript.

It took me longer than it should've to remember who Wardlow was.

Surprised at the tag title change. Was assuming there was a reason, though would think even if one was injured, the other could put up more of a fight.

Liked Danhausen's Halloween 3 ad.

Tony Schiavone is a genuine Hall of Famer now and well deserved

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Someone mentiioned that Hobbs should do what Starks/Bill to FTR or Brodie to Cody did on Jericho tomorrow and it would be a great idea to get him over.

Tony has been losing the plot on Twitter the 24 hours.

Pretty much called out Vince for being a sexual predator last night and today called HHH & Michaels blad assholes via meme.

The working 20 hours a day running AEW, ROH, Fulham, The Jags & The Data analytics  company might be starting to catch up and it could be time for a holiday.

So what Birthday Surprise will Tony get tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Unhinged 😂

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I honestly love Coked up Tony. 😂

Joking aside, this is why it’s great to have two competing companies. Both of them putting in insane shows tonight, and modern fans don’t have to choose, they can watch both and get two fun shows.

The AEW card looks awesome, and there's even a lot of notable absences.

Now if they could trim a lot of the low level guys, the overuse of multimans, and the roh stuff and focus on putting out this level of product every couple of weeks it would be great

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Tony making an announcement soon enough

OC champ again

Saraya was a poor champ, I assume only given as ppv in the UK

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

That MJF coin thing, not good. Also not a fan of OC getting another title so soon, it better not be the same thing again.

Otherwise Saraya losing is a big positive, Shida should never have lost so quick in the first place. Everything else seemed good, hopefully they can sustain Hobbs's push now. It's also great to see Christian main eventing regularly

Seems Fenix is hurt, hence the title swap back to OC.

OC heel turn coming?

I know everyone's a critic but I can't see Toni winning any major awards

I am their Father!

Christian is amazing.

This is where they bring Jack Perry back now as another one of Christians sons.

Those two Timeless Toni Storm silent movies were just fantastic.

She's a marmite character, I know.

But I adore her, and this is easily the most interested I've ever been in her.

I'd have put the title on Toni, she is on fire with the character

Tony shooting on Vince’s sexual abuse allegations again on Twitter tonight

Kind of shows Vince has no real power anymore in the wrestling world.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'd say that's more the reason he's shooting on Vince tbh, a fairly solid victory ratings wise for NXT.

Vince, Shawn and HHH ruining poor Tony's birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Thought Dynamite was excellent yet again.

Powerhouse Hobbs is a star.Can see WWE trying to get him next.

Christian just keeps getting better and better.Absolute legend!

Post edited by ConcertKing on

I'm actually surprised Hobbs & Wardlow never got a chance in the WWE they seem to be the kind of guys Vince would love.

Both seemed to have tryouts in the WWE however I guess at the time they might not have had the right look as HHH was going after all PWG style guys and big men were out.

*Mod Note*

@ConcertKing and @J. Marston Drop it, please. Someone posting ratings shouldn't descend into petty shots immediately like that.

I've deleted three posts that added nothing to the conversation, and Marston get's a warning for repeated escalation of nonsense arguements (via name calling). Concert, please avoid such escalations in the future too (given you're not a regular trouble maker, I'm leaving your warning at this verbal level for now).

Back to our regular scheduled programming....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭Riddle101

NXT had Undertaker, John Cena and Cody Rhodes on the show this week so I assume that is the reason for NXT's higher ratings this week. No big deal if you ask me, AEW still put on a decent show.

• Advertisement

It's funny however someone needs to change his password now.

Penta vs. Switchblade announced for next Wednesday.

That's one to look forward to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

He needs a bit of a rest especially from social media I think. He came across a bit unhinged this week. While it's not particularly rare for wrestling promoters to go crazy when other promoters get one over on them, it'd be better if he was doing it privately rather than social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭ThePott

It's pathetic tbh.

The man keeps showing how thin skinned he is with this stuff and seems like someone who only talks trash when behind a keyboard, remember when he went on a rampage about bots and said he'd reveal the report, or when he used Cagematch ratings to justify how great a show it is. Not really how you would want your boss to act, not a great example to set for your employees when it comes to how to act online as well. He sounds like Trump the way he's spouting off on social media.

He's basically given oxygen to idiots that want to piss him off too. I was actually hoping AEW would beat them in the ratings (as unlikely as it was) but after the way Tony was being a dose, I was glad he lost. He had the chance to take it on the chin and now he's shifting the goalposts again and throwing some shade at Cena/Undertaker. Which is pretty dumb as I'm guessing some of the locker room have a fair bit of respect for them including the likes of Daniel Bryan and Edge (who was also consistently on shows (bar an NXT appearance) that drew over a million until he signed with AEW). What exactly are you saying about your roster?

That's to say nothing about the fact that shouting into the void only perpetuates the idea that they are minor league by comparison. We'd have all moved on and forgotten by now if he wasn't still moaning about it.

Mistico debuts tomorrow night on Rampage against Rocky Romero.

So a CMLL contracted wrestler now wrestling on a show that has ongoing working relationship with AAA that seems a pretty big deal.

Edit, It's Rampage next week.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

• Advertisement

He's still tweeting 'odd' stuff.. and it's gone from him being salty to someone should check in on him maybe

To quote a person on Reddit; Imagine Triple H tweeted something like "I almost died two years ago and during that time AEW signed Bryan Danielson and Adam Cole. That's when it became personal for me."

Imagine how unhinged that would be? Just thank the doctors for helping your mother and leave it at that. Odd man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,345 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Exactly. The first part is nice and it’s good his mother is doing good and it’s been a year. That’s good stuff. The second part isn’t relevant and actually takes away from the nice message of the first line. Again someone needs to have a talk with him.

Tony should take a social media break

It seems Edge / Adam reached out to AEW not the other way around

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Officer999

The weird thing is no one is throwing shade back at Khan from WWE so why is he continuing? Very strange

After showing up on NXT, will we see Jade on Smackdown as well?

Punk must be revelling with glee at Tony and AEW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Just like all the pro WWE brigade in here!

This is supposed to be an AEW thread and all I see is people taking shots at Tony Khan and putting down AEW.

Used to be some great posts on here from people but I can see why these people have stopped posting here.

Let’s be real though, it’s not like Khan isn’t providing a whole load of ammo here.

Hes throwing a mother of all strops, and it doesn’t need to be tribalistic to criticise what he’s doing right now. Don’t get me wrong, some lads who adore taking shots at AEW will thrive with stories like this, but it’s not a strictly WWE vs AEW stuff.

usually, I enjoy Coked out Tony on Twitter, but some of the DMs he’s sending people are way a line. It’s not “taking shots” at Tony to discuss this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement