Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Comments

• Please no! I gave out about Owens and Zayn but I'd 100% take either over Gargano

• Registered Users Posts: 23,085 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Can't see him wanting to go. AEW is travelling again and Candice is pregnant, NXT doesn't really travel so I imagine that suits them right now.

Just googled him and apparently John Gargano is his real name so if he ever did leave at least he gets to keep the name recognition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Garcia/Moriarty was so good, two of the best youngsters in the game. Could be the start of a generational rivalry in AEW.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Tbf, it's probably less about him wanting to go and more on will WWE actually offer him an extension. Candice is probably the bigger get though. She's excellent and would be one of their best women's performers. Assuming she continues to intend to wrestle after her pregnancy, she'd fit in

The best thing about not watching NXT is not having to see Gargano or Daddy's Home Ciampa on my screen. Put the phone down TK!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Garica vs Moriarty was great just the kind of match you want on a show there to elevate talent.

Skye Blue also has something about her at 21 and still very green.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,758 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Yes have to agree with the sentiment here

Garica vs Moriarty was great, no wonder TK signed Lee up

Moriarty announced for the MLW Opera Cup not sure if this was agreed before he became All Elite or if the door is opening between MLW and AEW.

Tom Lawlor, Davey Richards, TJP, Matt Cross, Tankman, Bobby Fish had already been announced for the Cup.

That looks a tasty tournament

MLW already works with AAA & NJPW.

Could just be him fulfilling contracts. He did ROH on Sunday too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Definitely just fulfilling dates. ROH, as mentioned at the weekend, and this one. Also as mentioned, the Garcia match on Elevation was very good.

• Advertisement

Jon Moxley and Eddie Kingston vs. Minoru Suzuki and Lance Archer looks to be set for AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam at Arthur Ashe Stadium on September 22, according to the latest Wrestling Observer Radio.

Be a fun watch

Looking forward to this, should be good. Also love how they are referring to the 'Suzuki incident' and using it as part of the story, just another example of AEW turning a negative into a positive!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Have 2.0 won a match on a non-dark show? For a team that features so heavily in storylines (Punk,Darby,Mox,etc) they rarely pick up the W on Dynamite or Rampage. I'm sure they're raking up wins on the Dark shows but not everyone watches those.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think it was at the media scrum after All Out, Tony talked about 2.0 saying how he can't always have Wingmen in the same role, or something along those lines so guess that's the plan for now anyway. Just be there to lose to bigger names.

So with them announcing Leyla as being from Moscow all this time, will they change it on Dynamite?

So that was Fuego's first singles victory. I thought his opponent was a fake, like was JD Drake or someone dressed up for some reason, but turns out he's real and has had 28 matches between 2006 and now.

I guess the problem with the new Dark is a good chance they won't have ones there that don't need to be there. Surprised all the Best Friends were there, but then we had Anna without the Dark Order for her first singles match back.

Meant to say on Elevation, was Butcher crying at the end of their match? Think was his first match since returning.

Uno and Grayson were there that day in Orlando at least. I'd imagine the others were too. They taped at least 4 weeks worth of dark matches there so I'd imagine most of the roster from mid card down were there.

2.0 are so great they bring so much energy and they have such punchable faces you just want to see them get the crap beaten out of them

Some more Apple Jack vs Orange Cassidy in singles please.

Need some more of Dasha.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Statlander looked strange with her bare legs. Just not used to it

• I'm surprised it's not more of a loaded show tonight. Think I read it'll be in front of their 3rd biggest crowd ever (and this is where blood and guts was due to take place before the pandemic hit, so I thought they might get a big match). Only match I'm interested in so far is Cole's debut.

I wonder what will be the big marquee match for Arthur Ashe next week? Should be announced tonight you'd think.

EDIT - forgot about Cody Vs Black but I'd hope there is another big match as well

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Heading to Arthur Ashe next week so very curious what we get. Surely Bryan's in-ring debut though I expect it to be in a multi-man match.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Could be Bryan & Christian vs Adam Cole & Kenny, or make it an 8-man with The Bucks and Jungle Boy, Luchasauras or Kazarian.

Definitely need to see Bryan in the ring. We will have had enough promos from him (and Punk too for that matter).

• Advertisement

Lineup For Dynamite

* Dan Lambert hosts a Tough Guy Challenge

* Eddie Kingston and Jon Moxley vs. 2point0

* Lance Archer and Minoru Suzuki issue a challenge to Jon Moxley

* CM Punk does commentary

* Matt Hardy continues his feud with Orange Cassidy

* Shawn Spears vs. Darby Allin

* Leyla Hirsch vs. Jade Cargill

* Adam Cole makes AEW in-ring debut vs. Frankie Kazarian

* Bryan Danielson addresses AEW World Champion Kenny Omega

Reckon we'll get another match tonight surely.

As for next week, I'd be expecting a multi man match containing Bryan and Omega. Sort of assuming a 4 v 4 with Bryan, Christian, Jurassic Express Vs Omega, Cole and Young Bucks.

Also hoping for a Hangman return. Dark Order split storyline has to end at Rochester surely with them sorting it all out so would be expecting Hangman back for that.

Cracking opening match between Cole and Frankie.

The Butcher and The Blade vs The Lucha Bros on this week’s Rampage.

I like that they are playing on The Suzuki Incident as they are calling not playing Suzuki's entrance in full.

Rosario Dawson getting physical with Black.

AEW with there own two time Olympic gold medalist now.

American Top Team bringing out the big guns.

Dan Lambert is great.

• Advertisement

I think that’s the first hometown lose for a wrestler in AEW.

Right decision thought for Jade to win.

Advertisement