Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you be happy for your children to receive covid-19 vaccine

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

A shrill and ridiculous post because calling politicians out, and having bets or dares with them is not how the world works. Come back when you can have a proper conversation with the adults.

"It' simple- kids do not need the vaccine as the vaccine is likely more risk for them than Covid itself."

That's the complete opposite of what medics and scientists are telling us, and they have the data and studies to back them up. I think, somehow, they're more trustworthy than someone who wants to challenge the three government party leaders to a bet...

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

It's simple. People are wary of taking instruction from bodies that have consistently lied and failed them over the last 18 months.

Remember Leo saying MHQ was logistically impossible, then they implement it after the horse had bolted. Had it been initiated by July 2020 we would never have had any further serious waves, when it eventually did arrive the vaccines were well under way so it did feck all.

When you're lied to and abused as much as we have been in the last 18 months people will no longer believe those who lied to them and abused them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Who said it wasn't going to be needed for children? They started the young adult trials pretty much as soon as the adult trials finished (and before anyone publicly got a vaccine), the most anyone could say was that if SARS-COV2 spread was completely contained by vaccines then herd immunity could be reached without children, but this hasn't been the case and Delta's transmission rate has changed the math's on herd immunity, it's also changed the risk from "small % chance of catching COVID vs. vaccine" to "high % chance of catching COVID vs. vaccine".

I don't care what your medics say. How many healthy Irish children have died of Covid?

If the three stooges plus Stephen are so confident in it why not bet their pension on it?

Floor is yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,356 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

And all my kids have had all their other vaccines, I have no issue with these.

But, for now, my kids won't be getting a vaccine that is literally less than 12 months old. Of course there are loads of vaccinated kids out there, but there are no studies to show potential longer term side effects, and thats the reason mine won't be getting it for a few years yet.

• Advertisement

Ok, let me put this to you a different way as you're completely missing the point (which was already stated numerous times):

Link us to a study that shows long-term safety data for the Covid mRNA vaccine. That's the issue here, if you've been paying attention.

Don't be throwing your toys out the pram with the tired "Anti-vaxxer" gibberish, either. If you mean "anti-new-mRNA-with-no-long-term-safety-data-and-no-legal-recourse-vaxxer", then yes, you have us there.

Cheers.

This stuff has become a cult. Asking legitimate questions, you may as well be an outspoken athiest in small town Ireland in the fifties, you would get a similar response to what you see here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I want to see these ten year studies demonstating the long-term safety of covid before I trust it over a vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

So you accept that the trials of the existing vaccines have been completed successfully which allowed them to go to approval, great, at least we can agree on that. The fact that you linked to a study that was nothing to do with this is still hilarious, and I see you've tried to completely ignore your faux pas instead of accepting you made a hilarious mistake and move on (and again I wonder how long you were spewing lies based on this study).

You'll be glad to hear (and this is the case with all medicines) that monitoring of medicines is always ongoing and being studied so you don't need to worry about those missing "long term studies" they happen for all approved medicines as part of the approval and rollout system. Given the huge numbers who have gotten these vaccines, they have been shown to have an excellent safety and effectiveness profile.

But look, how many billion doses of the vaccine need to be administered before you think it's safe, that is the pertinent question, 2, 3, 4?

• Advertisement

That's because you're only listening to Doctors and Scientists promoted by mainstream media. Anybody saying anything contrary to that narrative is immediately censored and/or ostracized.

"We're playing with fire here"

- Dr Roger Hoskinson, renowed pathologist

"The government is not being transparent about the risks"

- Dr Robert Malone, pioneer of mRNA technology

- Luc Montagnier, French virologist and Nobel Prize winner for Medicine, has also expressed serious concern and is "outraged" at the widespread vaccination of children.

Add to this hundreds of Doctors and Scientists who are speaking out in a similar fashion. Are these people suddenly not trustworthy or "quacks" because you don't agree with them and they're not featured on RTE?

----

Not having a go at you, here; just pointing out there's many who don't agree with the approach currently being pursued.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Unicorn Milk Latte

You talk about long term effects, and that you don't like to be called 'antivax'.

There is absolutely no data, zero, that could explain how the alleged 'long term effects' are supposed to work on a chemical or biological level. Or even what they are. Keeping it unspecific and ominous enough to create fear.

At the same time, if you look at the origin of the 'long term effects' narrative and FUD, you will find literally countless conspiracy videos that point out that the purpose of Covid vaccination is culling the human race, and that people will start dying from vaccinations in 3-6 months after getting the shot.

You will also find countless videos that claim that the vaccine injections carry secret components, like 'magnetic crystals' or microchips, that could be used as an explanation for the supposed long term effects, among other nefarious purposes.

And that's 100% fine. Your choice. Nobody is trying to aggressively convince you otherwise. The important thing is we all retain freedom to make our own medical decisions without coercion, in whatever forms that may take.

Yawn. I linked to one of the many mRNA trials which complete study in 2023. I'd rather safety conclusions from that over a one year (or less) study from Pfizer telling me I'm good to go. One last time, read carefully: longer-term safety data.

Stop getting so emotional about it, anyway; you're clearly wound-up.

And to answer your question: I'll reassess sometime in 3-5 years. I've already had Covid anyway; no problems 👍

I know, ranting on as if they're going to change people's minds 😄

They should be happy with their own choices and view that they're now safer than they were pre-vaccination. Not sure why they're so concerned about everyone else.

So you want them to do a study separate to the ongoing monitoring that all approved medicines go through after rollout? To what end, what would it uncover differently? Why would you set up a study into something that is happening already?

At least admit you were wrong about the study you linked, that might show some intellectual growth on your side :)

Anyway, you'll be delighted to know that the ongoing safety monitoring has already been going on for longer than a year, so your condition has been met. Now, they won't stop the safety monitoring just to meet some arbitrary date, it will keep on going.

Now the question is, what new condition will you put in place now that it's clear that your previous condition has already been met (and clearly you didn't know this either, not having a good day from the looking up studies perspective).

You seem to have the bizarre notion that "ongoing safety monitoring" will somehow make one immune to long-term side effects or injury if one already has the vaccine in their system. That's very reassuring, thanks 🤣

I said I want to see effects after 3-5 years, as do a lot of others here. Clearly we mean the effects on a vaccinated individual having had the substance in their system for that period of time (incase you didn't grasp that). So what "condition" or part of that has been met?

Give it a rest now anyway, we're not getting anywhere. Open the floor back up to others. Good luck and good health to you, sir.

The "substance" is gone from an individuals system after a few days, after that, there is (verifiably) nothing to detect other than antibodies and t-cells.

But look it was one year, now it's 3-5 years, I'm sure in 2-4 years time the goalposts will shift again but at least you'll stop lying to people about phase 3 trials and linking to wrong studies in the mean time (at least on boards.ie).

I was actually curious about this. By what mechanism can the effects of a vaccine wait for years before showing up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

This Robert Malone character did not pioneer anything. He is preying on vulnerable people like you for his own self promotion.

Your "renowned pathologist" is also a fraud

I'll bet you knew both these things but posted them anyway. 

• Advertisement

It's no more coercion than requiring patrons in a pub to wear a top.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I honestly find it alarming how aggressive some posters are on this thread.

The lady who works in the vaccination centre was ostracised for expressing concerns about things she had witnessed. She didn't come onto the thread to debunk any science. She witnessed events with her own eyes and gave her opinion on same. She has every right to do so. It is a discussion board.

Also, you can rant all day about the science. You will not override the gut instinct of a parent in relation to their child.

On the anti-vax sites, they equate mRNA with DNA and that it would somehow stay with people forever and cause a future effect (6.66G Antennae?).

Reality is that the substance is very short lived in the body, which also means I missed another straight up lie from DrFrost "Clearly we mean the effects on a vaccinated individual having had the substance in their system for that period of time". And, again, the fortuitous answer is that we know this already as the substance is not in the individuals system at all.

Strange, you'd want to go tell Yahoo News and countless others that they're spreading "disinformation" 😄

https://news.yahoo.com/single-most-qualified-mrna-expert-173600060.html

As for "vulnerable people like me", I think we'll be alright, thanks 🤣👍

The guy who got his video banned after trying to shill Invermectin (as it says in that article that you have read), I mean among other lies that had been debunked repeatedly already.

Agreed. I think, psychologically speaking, it's a form of cognitive dissonance. Anything questioning potential unknown long-term side effects in something they've already taken, or contrary to their own ideas, leads to an agressive response. "Take what we already have, or else you're..."

Notice the other side are much more relaxed in all of this. Calm down, guys✌️

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Umm, that Yahoo News article is reporting on a discussion on the Tucker Carlson show on Fox News.

I posted earlier about the correlation in the US between vaccine ignorance and Trump voters.

Then you throw Tucker Carlson and Fox News at me as your source of authority. Just beautiful, I literally couldn't have asked for more proof of your world view.

I love that you think it's everyone else who is being manipulated. Fox News, that's pure gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Yeah, being required to have medical treatment to go to the pub is just like having to wear clothes.

🤪

At this stage I miss our old clown world. It had its faults, but it was never this stupid. 🤡

• Advertisement

Now you're bringing Donald Trump into it. Clutching at straws, lads 🤣

You need to report Yahoo News for sharing "disinformation". In their article, they state:

"Malone discovered in-vitro and in-vivo RNA transfection when he was at the Salk Institute in 1988, and he subsequently invented mRNA vaccines, which are being used over 20 years later to combat the spread of the coronavirus."

Yahoo News is now 'Fake News'. The woman here working in the vaccination centre... silence her. All the videos and posts of people talking about their mRNA vaccine injuries... It's all disinformation... or something. Shut it down, quick!

Feel better, now?

Advertisement