Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't want a "3rd" vaccine

• 31-07-2021 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

So the other week I got a vaccine, Pfizer. As somebody who suffered a very mild bout of Covid in May I expected that, as promised by government, I would only be having one shot, as having had Covid 6 months prior to infection meant you had by default one shot prior.

Those giving the shot disagreed, I decided not to argue it as I just wanted to get out, as with everything with the government's disastrous roll out of this thing they likely hadn't been informed of the change in rules, although logically seeing as about 1 in 30 people coming in would be a Covid recoveree I was baffled as to how they had never been asked this before.

Herself was going for hers two days later, Covid recovered like myself, again was told she would need a second jab. Argued the point, again staff either didn't know or pretended not to know.

Government decided this in late April.

What exactly is the story here? Am I getting one or am I not? If I am getting one what changed in the science from April to July? Why were the staff unaware of something so important? I don't want a second vaccine, or a third as it now is, they're frankly lucky enough I agreed to the one I had given how rushed it is. I don't see why I shouldn't receive my full freedom cert on what was decided in April (currently have the 6 months valid recovered one)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭horse7

You sound like a child, your an adult, make your own decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

I want my fully vaccinated cert now, as agreed in April by the government. I don't want another vaccine as the government ruled it was not necessary in April. It isn't my own decision, the government have indicated that my rights of travel, access to venues, eventually even employment, will be effected by whether I do or do not have one of these certs. I currently have one only valid until November. Nothing childish about it. Childish is the people who hang on every word of the NPHET Gods.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭HerrKapitan

Jeez, don't ever call it a freedom cert.

What has changed since the start of mass role out, vaccine availability. Plus, sorry, this is a global Pandemic of a novel virus. How it reacts is unknown. I feel like the government should issue a public statement apologising to you. That, or firing all the teachers that had influence over you throughout your education

If you got covid the antibodies don't seem to last more than 6 months.

People are still dying or getting long covid over this.

Finally, if you think you are done after 2 jabs of the Pfizer vaccine, dream on... in anticipation of your future breathless thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭HBC08

Ive seen some of your other posts on here.

The reality is you got the jab because you want indoor scoops and you'll do what you're told to get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,682 ✭✭✭horse7

Make your own decision, grow up,and face up to the evolving situation where you have to accept the changes as they happen, and as new insights into the pandemic are reviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭airy fairy

Don't blame the workers that are administering the vaccines. They do just that, administer vaccines. They are given instructions on doing such. They are not there to know what has been said, hasn't been said.

The virus, it's treatments, the vaccines, it's all new. Things change. Research develops around ever changing findings.

Similar to guidelines on isolations, restrictions, symptoms, it's all changing, all of the time.

Think about it. You've had the virus and a cert to say same. You've been given a booster to help those antibodies, a jab. But your virus antibodies will disappear soon and you'll be left with mRNA which can only do half it's Job. Back in April it was thought antibodies from the virus would last longer. It turns out not to be the case.

Stop moaning, get your vaccination completed or stay outside with your pint.

But remember, you may have to have a third booster, or a mixed vaccine like a viral vector one in due course, who knows, but don't blame the workers who are just doing what they're doing. They know no more than anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

That’s the kind of talk that will get you into trouble

be a good lad and take your medicine

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

1+1=2

I assumed this thread would be about boosters. 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭JPup

You’ll get the digital pass after one dose as far as I know if you’ve had a confirmed covid case recently but you’ll still be given a date for a second dose and recommended to take it. Up to you if you want to follow the medical advice or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

stand up and have your voice heard OP. i fully agree with your stance..as you can see there's plenty of people out there who are willing to call you a child, selfish, a coward etc...but this is about you,your civil liberties,your health. ..you can see this is a right **** show from start to finish, its doesn't take a genius to work that out.

When the next election comes round be sure to let them know. then again depending on you're vaccine status or freedom cert...they might not allow you in the building to vote!

people have had enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭CptMonkey

Take the second dose. And leave the people giving the jabs alone. They are just doing their job

Jesus, tall about an entitled temper tantrum. OP grow up and realise that government decision are based on politics and they will take the minimum recommended action every time.

This process has led to ALL of their public climbdowns and Varadkar-isms (like Christmas). Medical/Scientific professionals continuously stress that actions are provisional, based on ever accumulating evidence

Take your medical advice from the medics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

I disagree. Do what's right for you. I have not and will not take any doses of these potions - not even one.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If you don't want it, don't take it. Enjoy your cans at home. We'll try to struggle on without you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,865 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You say it was agreed? Who exactly agreed this with you?

What I have learned over the last 18 months is that the pandemic is a fluid thing. A year ago people thought cash money was a health risk. They thought children were super spreaders.

The government are already planning for winter booster shots for people who have already gotten 2 shots.

If you only wanted one shot then you should have opted for the J&J vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

You are pleading for the government to give you a piece of paper so you can “have your freedom”? Have a long hard look over your post and let us know what you see.

Because the unelected "government" haven't yet extended their illegal vaccine passport to posting on boards.ie perhaps...

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Heraclius

Goodness you've already forgotten the election last year!

• Advertisement

Is that the one where FF & FG guaranteed that they wouldn't form a coalition with each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Heraclius

I don't want to derail a thread but you do know that parties always act like they'll be a majority government before the election? The people voted and the only plausible majority was FF/FG/Green. If you don't like the government that's a different thing but the country is much better off without the carry on of claiming an elected majority government isn't legitimate.

It is not a legitimate government. Not in any sense of the word. And they are utterly tyrannical.

In the sense that the people elected their representatives and the representatives appointed the government, who made decisions subsequently ratified by the representatives, which is 100% the essence of representative democracy.

Most of the kids, 19/20 year olds in queues upon queues this morning, waiting for a vaccine, actually voted last year, and are continuing on their journey to get Ireland back to where we were pre Covid.... And those 16+ are in those queues too, without being forced by a parent, (no guardian needed).....delighted those young people are educated enough to realise the privileged position they are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Seriously dude, do you even read the bollocks you post?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Had they said in late April that you should get three jabs and then changed it to two, would you be demanding your third jab?

I deliberately didn't go for the J and J vaccine because I thought it was scandalous that the government had no system to prevent people who already had Covid from getting this vaccine, effectively wasting it when it should go to somebody who only needs 1 shot. You could see that in my post history if this site hadn't nuked itself and left it impossible to find old posts.

The "trust science" vibe from half the posters here is hilarious given the amount of lies, half truths and doctored/ misrepresented stats and reports we have been given from our betters since early 2020. It's embarrassing to see grown adults beg for their spoon feeding.

Pretty much. Government won't allow me fully resume my social life without it. What's your point?

• Advertisement

The freedom movement is a tricky one for me, in that it has its merits but has a horrible leadership. Ben Gilroy, Dee Webster, Waters and Gemma, we need an alternative voice, unfortunately the absolute headers seized control of the narrative and there's nobody mainstream on it bar Michael McGrath.

Advertisement