Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Comments

• I'd highly recommend Man Like Mobeen.

Very funny in places but also gets a bit heavy at times - but ultimately a very good program.

• Echo what some are saying About Blood Red Sky......decent enough twist on a vampire flick that does entertain in a brainless way, but the length takes away from it. It desperately needed 20mins shaved off it.

• How to Sell Drugs Online (Fast) Seasons 3(German) To win back his ex-girlfriend, a nerdy teen starts selling ecstasy online out of his bedroom -- and becomes one of Europe's biggest dealers.

Plastic Cup Boyz: Laughing My Mask Off! (2021):Comedy collective The Plastic Cup Boyz pour out the punchlines in Atlanta during a trio of raw and lively stand-up specials.

Hostage House (2021):A realtor and her daughter get taken captive by two fugitive criminals during an open house, forcing her to find creative ways to ensure their survival..

added

• Advertisement

• Just finished it there last night. Tough going at times (in a good way) - very sad tale

Did the airport flip display thing (the ‘2 months later’ in the corner) get on anyone else’s tits after like the first episode, or just me?

• I see that season 3 of "How to sell drugs online (fast)" has been added to Netflix! Season 1 and 2 were brilliant. I really enjoyed them, I can't wait to watch season 3.

EDIT: Just seen that Peteeed stated it above!!

Post edited by job seeker on

• Bartkowiak (2021) (Polish) After his brother dies in a car crash, a disgraced MMA fighter takes over the family nightclub -- and soon learns his sibling's death wasn't an accident

The Snitch Cartel: Origins (2021) Season 1(Spanish): Over four decades, two brothers in Cali juggle family duties, multiple romances and illegal businesses, transforming from poor kids to cocaine kingpins

Tattoo Redo (2021) Season 1:Bad tattoos walk in. Great tattoos walk out. Top artists transform tattoo disasters into stunning cover-ups, with designs chosen by clients' loved ones

Fantastic Fungi (2019) Delve into the magical world of fungi, from mushrooms that clear oil spills to underground fungal networks that help trees communicate.

added

• Anyone else have any issues with Netflix. Woke up yesterday morning to see emails that someone in New Jersey had accessed my account. Changed my email. Netflix were beyond incompetent. Couldn’t give me access back and simply offered to delete my profile and told me to start again. Also refused to talk to me as I couldn’t tell them my password.

• Transformers: War for Cybertron: Kingdom (2021) Chapter 1: The frantic race to locate the Allspark first culminates on a strange planet as the future comes crashing through to the present day.

Resort to Love (2021):Reeling from a broken heart and career meltdown, a singer takes a gig at a swanky island resort -- where her ex-fiancé happens to be getting married..

added

• Advertisement

• That sounds dodgy. Organisations like that should never ask for your password. Are you sure it was an actual notification from Netflix and not a spoof?

• Happened to me a few years ago. Spoke to a Netflix rep. Basically reset my account and lost all viewing history. Was a pain in the.....

But was up and running again quickly at least.

• Myth & Mogul: John DeLorean (2021) :In the automotive world, John DeLorean rose from engineer to executive to icon. But under the hood of his self-created legend lies darkness and deceit

The Last Mercenary (2021) (French)

A legendary secret agent-turned-mercenary comes out of hiding to save the son he's never met. Learning how to be a dad may be his toughest mission yet

Outer Banks (2021) Seasons 2:On an island of haves and have-nots, teen John B enlists his three best friends to hunt for a legendary treasure linked to his father's disappearance.

Rurouni Kenshin: The Beginning (2021) (Japanese) :Before he was a protector, Kenshin was a fearsome assassin known as Battosai. But when he meets the gentle Tomoe Yukishiro, his story begins to change.

added

• Post Mortem: Season 1 :She’s back from the dead and has a newfound thirst for blood. Meanwhile, her family’s funeral parlour desperately needs more business… This Norwegian vampire comedy-drama is directed by Harald Zwart and penned by up-and-coming writer Petter Holmsen.

Sounds like a less procedural, soap-opera version of CW's iZombie; by the looks of this trailer the humour will very Scandana...dry.

• That's what makes it great, flying under the radar.

• I know its not new, but I was looking for an interesting travel programme and stumbled onto Dark Tourist, which is right up my street. I have to force myself to not stay up way past my bedtime on the next episode. For people who want to see the more unusual, less touristed parts of the world

• Watched it on BBC and thought it was just too long and 4 episodes, 6 at most, would have have been less sprawling and a better show. Still watchable but a good few dull moments in it.

• Funnily enough i started demanding to know if he was a hacker. Actually didn’t get it right what I said. So the email came in to say that it had been accessed in New Jersey. Then 5 minutes it said that the password had been changed. I googled the number and rang it: think he was in the PhilipiNes. When he got through he said that my bank card didn’t match the account. I said just give me back the account. He then said verify the password by the automated thing. Said my password was wrong and he said all he could do was completely delete everything which meant completely new account.

• Advertisement

• The relentless chaos and unpredictablilty of season 1 made it a good watch, but that can wear thin- so season 2 has tried to spice it up a bit; injecting a bit of narrative into it, with a bit of time-chopping for added intrigue on top of the mysterious background story-line. I don't think it worked that well tbh; it was good overall, but in a tired genre, it looks like it might have to jump the zombie shark for season 3.

Much preferred Kingdom, the Korean zombie series.

• The LEGO Movie: The Second Part - Just watch the first one again.

23rd August

The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf :( Great I've to wait weeks - when will season 2 arrive ?

• Myth & Mogul: John Delorean worth a watch. There's a lot of it taken from the BBC NIRL documentary DeLorean: Back from the Future.

• Watched Florence Foster Jenkins again, it's worth a watch if you want a bit of gentle humour with a tiny little bit of drama thrown in. Hugh Grant is great as usual these days, Meryl Streep and Simon Helberg also excellent. I was surprised how much I enjoyed it when I first saw it, and it definitely still has feel good charm on repeat viewing.

• Blood Red Sky is well worth a watch.

Stay well clear of...

Hostage House & Trust, two absolute piles of nonsense.

• Yeah the TV thread is quiet but it's a fabulous little show that has received very little promotion from Netflix AFAIK, coupled with minimal buzz. Definitely should have a larger audience, especially for those looking for small scoped shows.

It threads a very successful line of sentimentality and sweetness without ever blowing out your palette. And its treatment of autism doesn't feel exploitative or manipulative either, even if the show centres around Sam's attempts to make sense of the world he doesn't get. Now, that's speaking as someone with zero exposure to that level of autism so maybe I'm off base.

• I like the show a lot. Like you, I have very little experience around autism, but it definitely feels like it's being handled with sensitivity. Feels very authentic.

• The Mule (2018) :In dire financial straits and estranged from his family, an ornery old horticulturalist becomes a delivery driver for a Mexican drug cartel.

added

• Advertisement
Advertisement