Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ratoath25

Yeah midsommar was a weird film and very slow paced

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Watched 'wild bill' the other day. A decent uk drama about a guy who gets out of jail to discover his 2 sons have been abandoned by their mother. A solid 7 /10 .

• Registered Users Posts: 60,281 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Blood Red Sky is a nice vampire B movie a fun two hours mindless entertainment.

More like Z movie schlock but enjoyable so far. I'd guess it would be even better if you were drunk. I'm not in a demanding mood tonight so I'm happy enough with it.

I watched "The Death of Stalin" last night. There were a few laughs in it. I am also halfway through "heist" and " How to become a Tyrant". Both of these are very enjoyable so far for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I started watching Why Are You Like This, an Australian comedy about 3 best friends in their early 20s in Melbourne. It really skewers that age group in a way I haven't seen before, it plays up the whole internet culture, activism as a personality, cancel culture kind of thing, but in a good way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Chernobyl the movie, rather good so far

Just finished Blood Red Sky, very enjoyable for what it is. Worth a look. I watched Kingdom Ashin of the North last night, very good and I can't wait for series 3 of that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭florryfox

Blood red sky pleasantly surprised me, enjoyed it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Another thumbs up for blood red sky here. Not mind blowing or anything but a solid genre film with a fun premise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭smillingsam

Watched once upon a time in Hollywood last night, I enjoyed it, its very Tarantino

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I have not watched a Tarantino movie in 14 years. I really should go back and catch up on what I've missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Man Like Mobeen Season 3: Mobeen is trying to be a good friend, follow the faith and raise his teenage sister. Yet his past -- and everyday life -- complicates matters.

The Current War (2017):Rivals Thomas Edison and George Westinghouse find themselves in a frenzied race to determine whose electrical system will power the modern world.

Stonehearst Asylum (2014) :In 1899, a young doctor arrives at an asylum for an apprenticeship and becomes suspicious of his mentor's methods while falling for a female patient

added

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I'd highly recommend Man Like Mobeen.

Very funny in places but also gets a bit heavy at times - but ultimately a very good program.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Echo what some are saying About Blood Red Sky......decent enough twist on a vampire flick that does entertain in a brainless way, but the length takes away from it. It desperately needed 20mins shaved off it.

How to Sell Drugs Online (Fast) Seasons 3(German) To win back his ex-girlfriend, a nerdy teen starts selling ecstasy online out of his bedroom -- and becomes one of Europe's biggest dealers.

Plastic Cup Boyz: Laughing My Mask Off! (2021):Comedy collective The Plastic Cup Boyz pour out the punchlines in Atlanta during a trio of raw and lively stand-up specials.

Hostage House (2021):A realtor and her daughter get taken captive by two fugitive criminals during an open house, forcing her to find creative ways to ensure their survival..

added

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

The Serpent. An intriguing story, very well told over 8 episodes. I found it a little difficult to follow with all the 4 years ago, 2 years later, 6 months ago etc in the early episodes but other than that, a great watch to be fair, well worth sticking with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

Just finished it there last night. Tough going at times (in a good way) - very sad tale

Did the airport flip display thing (the ‘2 months later’ in the corner) get on anyone else’s tits after like the first episode, or just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I see that season 3 of "How to sell drugs online (fast)" has been added to Netflix! Season 1 and 2 were brilliant. I really enjoyed them, I can't wait to watch season 3.

EDIT: Just seen that Peteeed stated it above!!

Post edited by job seeker on

• Advertisement

Bartkowiak (2021) (Polish) After his brother dies in a car crash, a disgraced MMA fighter takes over the family nightclub -- and soon learns his sibling's death wasn't an accident

The Snitch Cartel: Origins (2021) Season 1(Spanish): Over four decades, two brothers in Cali juggle family duties, multiple romances and illegal businesses, transforming from poor kids to cocaine kingpins

Tattoo Redo (2021) Season 1:Bad tattoos walk in. Great tattoos walk out. Top artists transform tattoo disasters into stunning cover-ups, with designs chosen by clients' loved ones

Fantastic Fungi (2019) Delve into the magical world of fungi, from mushrooms that clear oil spills to underground fungal networks that help trees communicate.

added

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Anyone else have any issues with Netflix. Woke up yesterday morning to see emails that someone in New Jersey had accessed my account. Changed my email. Netflix were beyond incompetent. Couldn’t give me access back and simply offered to delete my profile and told me to start again. Also refused to talk to me as I couldn’t tell them my password.

Transformers: War for Cybertron: Kingdom (2021) Chapter 1: The frantic race to locate the Allspark first culminates on a strange planet as the future comes crashing through to the present day.

Resort to Love (2021):Reeling from a broken heart and career meltdown, a singer takes a gig at a swanky island resort -- where her ex-fiancé happens to be getting married..

added

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

That sounds dodgy. Organisations like that should never ask for your password. Are you sure it was an actual notification from Netflix and not a spoof?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Buttros

Happened to me a few years ago. Spoke to a Netflix rep. Basically reset my account and lost all viewing history. Was a pain in the.....

But was up and running again quickly at least.

Myth & Mogul: John DeLorean (2021) :In the automotive world, John DeLorean rose from engineer to executive to icon. But under the hood of his self-created legend lies darkness and deceit

The Last Mercenary (2021) (French)

A legendary secret agent-turned-mercenary comes out of hiding to save the son he's never met. Learning how to be a dad may be his toughest mission yet

Outer Banks (2021) Seasons 2:On an island of haves and have-nots, teen John B enlists his three best friends to hunt for a legendary treasure linked to his father's disappearance.

Rurouni Kenshin: The Beginning (2021) (Japanese) :Before he was a protector, Kenshin was a fearsome assassin known as Battosai. But when he meets the gentle Tomoe Yukishiro, his story begins to change.

added

Updated august list

1st August

The Hitman’s Apprentice

The Island

Gosford park

World Trade Center

Ackley Bridge: Season 3

Solomon Kane

Young Guns II

Wild Oats

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Masha and the Bear: Season 4

Chaos

I Missed You: Director’s Cut

Time and Tide

Darwin’s Game: Season 1

2nd August

The Mule

3rd August

Pray Away: The directorial debut of Kristine Stolakis, this documentary takes viewers inside the “pray the gay away” movement, specifically Exodus International, the largest conversion therapy organisation in the world. Formed in the 1970s by five men struggling with their sexuality, the organisation has since been disavowed by several leaders who have come out as LGBTQ. Pray Away chronicles that movement’s rise to power, persistent influence and the harm it causes, featuring interviews with the former leaders and a survivor seeking healing and acceptance from trauma.

Shiny Flakes: The Teenage Drug Lord :Max S. reveals how he built a drug empire from his childhood bedroom in this story that inspired the Netflix series How to Sell Drugs Online (Fast).

Ije: The Journey

4th August

Cocaine Cowboys: Season 1 :Two childhood friends go from high school dropouts to the most powerful drug kingpins in Miami in this true story of a crime saga.

Cooking with Paris: Season 1:Paris Hilton can cook…kind of. Check your smoke detector and get ready for this new reality series.

76 :When her husband is accused of taking part in an attempted military coup, a pregnant woman’s life takes an emotional turn in this action thriller.

The Iron Bridge

Inspekcja

Control Z: Season 2

Aftermath

Inventing David Geffen

Car Masters: Rust to Riches: Season 3

7th August

Vivo :With songs written and performed by Lin-Manuel Miranda, this animated family musical follows Vivo, a one-of-kind kinkajou (aka a rainforest “honey bear” voiced by Miranda), who must find his way from Havana to Miami in order to deliver a song on behalf of his beloved owner and mentor Andres (Buena Vista Social Club’s Juan de Marcos Gonzáles).

Hit & Run: Season 1:A man searching for the truth behind his wife’s death becomes caught up in a dangerous web of secrets and intrigue stretching from New York to Tel Aviv.

The Swarm :A single mother breeds locusts as high-protein food in this horror film, but has trouble getting them to reproduce — until she finds they have a taste for blood.

The Mustang :A hardened criminal participates in a prison rehabilitation program with horses while trying to mend the relationship with his daughter.

Navarasa: Volume 1 :From amusement to awe, the nine human emotions of Indian aesthetic theory are explored in this anthology series.

7th August

Takizawa Kabuki Zero 2020: The Movie

8th August

Vendetta

9th August

Shaman King: Season 1 :The fate of the world hangs in the balance as Medium Yoh Asakura joins the epic Shaman Fight, competing with other shamans in a bid to become the all-powerful Shaman King, while facing an opponent bent on disaster.

10th August

Untold: Malice at the Palace: Key figures from an infamous 2004 incident between players and fans at an NBA game in Michigan discuss the fight, its fallout and its lasting legacy.

Phil Wang: Philly Philly Wang Wang :Phil Wang tackles getting older, dating again, unusual foods and other things that have been on his mind in this special filmed at the London Palladium

Gabby’s Dollhouse: Season 2 :Cute cats, quirky crafts and colorful magic! Join kitty enthusiast Gabby and her sidekick Pandy Paws as they team up for a series of animated adventures.

I Need Romance: Season 1

11th August

The Kissing Booth 3 :It’s the summer before Elle heads to college, and she’s facing the hardest decision of her life: whether to move across the country with her dreamy boyfriend Noah or fulfil her lifelong promise to go to college with her BFF Lee. Whose heart will Elle break as The Kissing Booth trilogy comes to an end?

Bake Squad: Season 1 :Expert bakers elevate desserts with next-level ideas and epic execution. Now the battle is on to win over clients in need of special sweets in Netflix’s latest baking competition series, presented by Milk Bar’s Christina Tosi.

La Diosa del Asfalto

12th August

Riverdale: Season 5, Part 2 :The CW’s teen drama finally makes its return for the second half of its fifth season.

Alrawabi School for Girls: Season 1 :This youthful drama is created by Jordanian director Tima Shomali and Shirin Kamal and tells the story of how a bullied girl gets revenge on her bullies, only to find out that no one is all bad, and no one is all good, including herself.

Lokillo: Nothing’s the Same:Through songs and puns, comedian Lokillo Florez hilariously reviews how Latin Americans have adjusted to a new world where no-hugging policies prevail.

Monster Hunter: Legends of the Guild :In a world where humans and fearsome monsters live in an uneasy balance, young hunter Aiden fights to save his village from destruction by a dragon.

Don’t Let Go

Riverdale: Season 5, Episode 11

13th August

Beckett :While vacationing in Greece, Beckett (John David Washington) becomes the target of a manhunt after a devastating accident. Forced to run for his life and desperate to get across the country to the American embassy to clear his name, tensions escalate as the authorities close in, political unrest mounts, and Beckett falls even deeper into a dangerous web of conspiracy. Co-starring Alicia Vikander.

Brand New Cherry Flavor: A filmmaker heads to Hollywood in the early ’90s to make her movie but tumbles down a hallucinatory rabbit hole of sex, magic, revenge — and kittens.

Fast & Furious: Spy Racers: Season 5 :Netflix’s animated spin-of from the action film franchise continues to follow teen driver Tony Toretto and his thrill-seeking friends after they’re recruited by a government agency.

Gone for Good: Season 1 :Ten years after losing two loved ones, a man is plunged into another dizzying mystery when his girlfriend vanishes in this thriller based on Harlan Coben’s novel.

The Kingdom: Season 1

Valeria: Season 2

15th August

Downton Abbey seasons 1-6

I Give It a Year

Flying Monkeys

Grace: The Possession

16th August

The LEGO Movie: The Second Part 

American Girl: Lea to the Rescue

Bride of Chucky

Mr Peabody & Sherman

17th August

Keeping up with the Kardashians: Season 5 

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: Season 5

Toot-Toot Cory Carson: Season 5

Untold: Deal with the Devil

The Hole

18th August

The Defeated: Season 1:In 1946 Berlin, an American cop searches for his missing brother while helping a novice German policewoman fight the violent crimes engulfing the city.

Black Island :The dark secrets of a seemingly peaceful island threaten to swallow up an orphaned student when he grows close to a mysterious new teacher.

Out of My League :Tired of swiping through the dating scene with her besties in tow, a charming yet awkward woman with a rare genetic disorder sets her sights on love.

Memories of a Murderer: The Nilsen Tapes:Britain’s most notorious serial killer, Dennis Nilsen, confessed to killing 15 people in 1983. Over a five-year period, he picked up vulnerable young men, lured them back to his home and strangled them, before disposing of their bodies under the floorboards.

The Secret Diary of an Exchange Student :looking to shake things up, two best friends embark on a life-changing adventure abroad as exchange students. But can they stay out of trouble?

19th August

Riverdale: Season 5, Episode 12

Sweet Girl :A devastated husband (Jason Momoa) vows to bring justice to the people responsible for his wife’s death while protecting the only family he has left, his daughter (Isabela Merced).

The Chair: Season 1: The Chair follows Dr. Ji-Yoon Kim (Sandra Oh) as she navigates her new role as the Chair of the English department at prestigious Pembroke University. Ji-Yoon is faced with a unique set of challenges as the first woman to chair the department, and as one of the few staff members of color at the university. Starring Sandra Oh, Jay Duplass, Holland Taylor and Bob Balaban.

The Loud House Movie :Scotland’s about to get a whole lot louder. Join the Louds as they head to Scotland for an animated family adventure filled with castles, bagpipes, kilts… and a dragon.

Comedy Premium League: Season 1, Part 1:Four teams comprising 16 of India’s funniest entertainers engage in battles of wit and wisecracks in hopes of being crowned the ultimate comedy champs. Episodes 1 to 4 arrive together.

23rd August

The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf :This origins story takes place before Netflix’s main The Witcher series (starring Henry Cavill as Geralt) and follows his mentor, Vesemir – a swashbuckling young witcher who escaped a life of poverty to slay monsters for coin. But when a strange new monster begins terrorising a politically-fraught kingdom, Vesemir finds himself on a frightening adventure that forces him to confront the demons of his past.

24th August

Untold: Caitlyn Jenner

25th August

Clickbait: Season 1 :When family man Nick Brewer is abducted in a crime with a sinister online twist, those closest to him race to uncover who is behind it and why.

Open Your Eyes: Season 1 :After a tragic accident, an amnesiac teen tries to rebuild her life at a memory disorders centre but becomes suspicious of her unconventional treatment.

Post Mortem: Season 1 :She’s back from the dead and has a newfound thirst for blood. Meanwhile, her family’s funeral parlour desperately needs more business… This Norwegian vampire comedy-drama is directed by Harald Zwart and penned by up-and-coming writer Petter Holmsen.

Suffragette :Inspirational and hugely moving, this is a historical drama that feels urgently present.

Bob Ross: Happy Accidents, Betrayal & Greed :Bob Ross brought joy to millions as the world’s most famous art instructor. But a battle for his business empire cast a shadow over his happy trees. Director Joshua Rofé charts Ross’ story in this new documentary.

The River Runner

26th August

Family Reunion: Part 4 :Family matters bring the McKellans closer together as new relationships, unexpected obstacles and a milestone birthday lead to major life lessons.

Riverdale: Season 5, Episode 13

27th August

He’s All That :An influencer specializing in makeovers bets she can transform an unpopular classmate into prom king in this remake of the teen classic She’s All That.

31st August

Sparking Joy with Marie Kondo: Season 1

Untold: Crimes & Penalties

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Post Mortem: Season 1 :She’s back from the dead and has a newfound thirst for blood. Meanwhile, her family’s funeral parlour desperately needs more business… This Norwegian vampire comedy-drama is directed by Harald Zwart and penned by up-and-coming writer Petter Holmsen.

Sounds like a less procedural, soap-opera version of CW's iZombie; by the looks of this trailer the humour will very Scandana...dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,393 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

We just finished s4 of Atypical, it really is a gem of a show and doesn't seem like it gets the credit it deserves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

That's what makes it great, flying under the radar.

Advertisement