Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭Bellie1

Yes - J&J
    I had this after the first Pfizer. Ended up vomiting twice with the nausea. Was exhausted for 5-7 days afterwards, it would hit me out of the blue as you described. Had second Pfizer last week and am grand. It seems people are getting reactions on the first or second jab but not usually both.
    I was also exhausted for almost a week afterwards too. Blamed it on the heat last week but wondering now if was post Pfizer no 2. We're both fine today so not concerned, just curious

Yes - J&J
    Noticed I have very swollen lymph glands since yesterday, and my throat is so sore I can't eat much more than ice-cream, soup, etc. Energy levels are back to normal, though my partner is still exhausted.

Nothing serious. It's been 2 - 3 days since either of us got vaccinated, still very much worth it. There are worse things to eat for lunch than ice-cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    I had this after the first Pfizer. Ended up vomiting twice with the nausea. Was exhausted for 5-7 days afterwards, it would hit me out of the blue as you described. Had second Pfizer last week and am grand. It seems people are getting reactions on the first or second jab but not usually both.

Wondering if you could have been infected before and not noticed it? Hence the reaction to the first vaccine (seeing as most are getting a reaction on their second)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Talking to a cousin today. He couldn't look at food for a day and a half after first AZ shot. His wife says, when is the next shot? Like me, he could do with losing a few pounds. Hoping I'm called this week for 2nd AZ shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Got my second shot of pfizer last tuesday.

Arm was still sore up until Saturday. Felt terrible all day Wednesday and Thursday, didnt want to eat and for some bizarre reason absoloutely dying with the thirst.

Have had a lot of headaches until yesterday also and didnt have a decent nights sleep until saturday night.

Had no side effects from the first jab and feel back to normal completely today.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭hesaidshesaid

Yes - J&J
    Lillyfae wrote: »
    Wondering if you could have been infected before and not noticed it? Hence the reaction to the first vaccine (seeing as most are getting a reaction on their second)...

Yes I think that’s very likely. I had what a thought was a very bad chest infection in November 2019, couldn’t catch my breath and had heart palpitations for weeks. Still do sometimes, GP is now sending me for chest X-ray and ECG. The fatigue was pretty relentless too, very bad for the first 2 months and still an issue at times. I didn’t lose my sense of smell but looking back my sense of taste was off. Didn’t take much notice of that at the time. It was months later before we had a list of official symptoms. For a long time it was believed that Covid wasn’t here back then, but I work in a school with a high population of international children, some of whom would have travelled home to both China and Italy for the Oct midterm. Who knows really. GP and a few other docs I’ve been with think it’s a strong possibility. Delighted to be vaccinated anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    Second moderna tomorrow, currently on holiday and driving back up for it . Heading back tomorrow evening.
    Not ideal getting it when on holidays and am dreading the taught of being sick or unwell . Only break we are getting this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    2nd Moderna last Saturday. Felt slightly depressed after it ( and thankfully I never get depressed). Very disturbed sleep that night. Did not really sleep. Felt slightly cold. Moderate headache that night and next day. Arm sore but not as sore as 1st injection.
    I have had mild night sweats ever since. Waking at 5am each morning having to change t shirt. For me this indicates my immune system is in overdrive as the 1st time I had night sweats was aged 18 with measles and second time was when I got a very serious viral infection 3 years ago requiring hospitalizations with drenching night sweats which are dreadful as you wake up several times in a wet bed. I really hope these milder night sweats aren't a long term effect of this Vaccine for me.

I try my best to always socially distance and stay in very secluded parts of public parks. Yet total idiots keep walking right beside me as happened today. Hope I don't fall at last hurdle. Best of luck with everyone who got vaccine.
    (Night sweats are usually a sign of an infection or certain types of Cancer)

Yes - J&J
    Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    2nd Moderna last Saturday. Felt slightly depressed after it
    Oddly enough, a colleague who had Moderna had a couple of days of mild depression after hers, too. She has no history of depression at all.

There's probably an interesting angle here for a bit of research. If the physiological responses to vaccination are well understood (inflammation, immune cascades, genetic transcription etc) it might just provide new insights into the causes of depression.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,251 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Second AZ yesterday. Not as much as a sore arm.

Yes - Moderna first jab
    second AZ yesterday. After being hit like a ton of bricks after the first dose I was expecting an easy time....
    Got it at 5pm yesterday, felt fine but a bit dizzy in the evening.
    Headed to work this morning at 7am (I work in a vaccination centre) feeling drowsy and by 9am I was almost asleep at the desk. I felt like I had taken 6 sleeping pills!! I was working through a huge crowd and my words weren't coming out very well, felt very disconneceted. I went for a sleep in my car at my break at 11am and was sent home at lunchtime as I couldn't keep my eyes open.
    Slept all afternoon and still feel wrecked. Arm very sore this time too. Wasn't expecting this.

I'm done with vaccines now. No boosters for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Yes - J&J
    1st dose Pfizer. Sore arm but no more thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Got 2nd AZ vaccine on Sat. Absolutely no side effects whatsoever, unlike 1st dose when my arm was swollen & very sore x 3 days. Also exhausted x 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭smeal

Yes - AZ second jab
    J&J today at 1pm.

Arm is quite achey.

Been taking panadol every couple of hours. Feel a bit of a hangover like headache coming on so trying to get the water in. Fingers cross there is no fever during the night…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    So got my second moderna this morning had to drive from cork to Portlaoise for it. Got in nice and early and was out quick enough.
    I was going to hang around a bit and get lunch and head back to cork after lunch but on advice of lady giving the vaccine I headed back straight away before any reaction kicked it.
    So now 12 hours after jab .. arm is already quite sore and I have that hangover feeling starting and had hot flushes earlier as well . Definitely reactions hitting me a lot quicker than after first jab and I am wrecked tired ( could be the 6 hour return journey) .
    Went to bed at 9 but even though very tried not a chance of sleep so now up again and very restless.
    Fingers crossed I can somewhat function tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Got my first Pfizer dose yesterday at noon. Was grand all day yesterday, maybe a bit tired, but other than that just a sore arm.

Woke up a few times during the night with what seemed like fever dreams, and woke up this morning feeling wrecked, and a little achey. I've had much worse doses.

Off topic: The website update is pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Got first Pfizer on Wednesday, had a dead arm until today, starting to get back to normal, other than that I’ve been fine.

genuinely questioning as to whether or not I want the 2nd dose?!! I know multiple people now who are fully vaccinated and have tested positive. I’m 36 and healthy.

Advertisement