Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

It will be interesting to see what the long term effects of the prick will be. I do wish you well with it.
    No, but I'm against this prick developed in under a year with zero long term safety data.
    India has had tremendous success using Ivermectin and other therapeutics. I would focus on developing remedies as opposed to these vile MRNA concoctions.

Mod

Dont post in this thread again.

If you want to discuss the vaccine do so in the vaccine megathread. This one is for discussing appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,716 ✭✭✭abff

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Has anyone had their second AZ appointment yet? I had my first jab 7 weeks ago and I’m trying to figure out how long it will be before I get the second.

EDIT: I see that 8 people are listed above as having had their second AZ jab. When did you get the first one and how long was the interval between that and the second one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

Yes - Moderna first jab
    abff wrote: »
    Has anyone had their second AZ appointment yet? I had my first jab 7 weeks ago and I’m trying to figure out how long it will be before I get the second.

EDIT: I see that 8 people are listed above as having had their second AZ jab. When did you get the first one and how long was the interval between that and the second one?

Got mine 9 weeks ago on Friday, no word yet on the 2nd one.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aisling86

Yes - J&J
    My dad had Pfizer on 14th may should have 2nd dose this Friday but no text yet, are these running to 28day schedule in city hall cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭timetogo1

Got my first Pfizer on Saturday. Barely felt the injection.

On Sunday I had a minor pain in my arm during the day (not panadol worthy) and back to normal in Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Yes - J&J
    Second Pfizer yesterday hit me like a train last night (about 10 hours after the jab). Sweats, shivers, felt awful, for the first one I just felt a bit tired the next day.
    I spent this morning in bed and can feel now that I'm starting to get though it, still feel very weak, but better. I suppose that means its working.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭hesaidshesaid

Yes - J&J
    aisling86 wrote: »
    My dad had Pfizer on 14th may should have 2nd dose this Friday but no text yet, are these running to 28day schedule in city hall cork?

It’s worth ringing the Helpline, they do actually answer if you ring around 8am when it opens. I rang about mine and the guy said that a good few people have missed their texts ie. the texts haven’t delivered. They will have your dad’s details so they can tell him when his appt is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 AmirPelavin01

Not yet but I am planning too, soon. Still quite unconvinced that it is being rolled out less than 2 years of when it was created. Still, I have high hopes that it will be worth it. My family is already looking for a sched for pfizer. Atleast that's better than the other vaccine brands.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    Supercell wrote: »
    Second Pfizer yesterday hit me like a train last night (about 10 hours after the jab). Sweats, shivers, felt awful, for the first one I just felt a bit tired the next day.
    I spent this morning in bed and can feel now that I'm starting to get though it, still feel very weak, but better. I suppose that means its working.

I had the same experience with my second Moderna shot yesterday. First one was fine.

Felt a bit tired yesterday, went to bed but woke at 3am with awful muscle pain, headache, shivers. Very sick but mostly passed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Yes - J&J
    igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I had the same experience with my second Moderna shot yesterday. First one was fine.

Felt a bit tired yesterday, went to bed but woke at 3am with awful muscle pain, headache, shivers. Very sick but mostly passed now.

Sounds similar here, had around 36 pretty rough hours but about normal now, definitely would do it all over again.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

Yes - J&J
    Had my first Pfizer jab yesterday. Sore upper arm since this morning but not sore enough to take painkillers. No other side effects so far, but I believe it's the second jab and not the first where it's more likely you'll get a short lived fever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JDD

Yes - J&J
    JDD wrote: »
    Had my first Pfizer jab yesterday. Sore upper arm since this morning but not sore enough to take painkillers. No other side effects so far, but I believe it's the second jab and not the first where it's more likely you'll get a short lived fever.

And literally about ten minutes after posting that I got really strong heart palpitations. Now, I'm not one to panic but I've never experienced anything like this before, and was completely unaware that it was one of the less common side effects. I was hyperventilating so much that I got my husband to call an ambulance and my hands started to go numb.

Luckily it passed in the space of about 15 minutes and by the time the ambulance arrived I was fine. The ambulance crew did a full ECG and blood pressure and blood sugar test and all of that, and all was fine.

I just thought I'd put this up because I was expecting tiredness or body aches, not feeling like I was about to have a heart attack. Apparently the numbness in my hands was because I was breathing so fast the oxygen wasn't making it to my extremities. So if it happens again - which I hope it doesn't because it was really horrible - I'm to try to breathe really deeply and slowly, and it will pass.

I probably wouldn't have rung the ambulance if I had known it was likely to be a side effect of the jab. Or maybe I would have. I dunno.

Anyway, all good in the hood now.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    How can you revote again on the first page pole after you receive your second dose of vaccine ?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Supercell wrote: »

Apparently it's a sign that you have a robust immune system that sprung into action as soon as the invader was detected - that bodes well for your future.

I got my 2nd Pfizer yesterday also - have a slight bit of neuralgia at the back of my head - but apart from that nothing. And sure the neuralgia could be completely unrelated. My immune system must be in semi-retirement.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

JDD wrote: »
    And literally about ten minutes after posting that I got really strong heart palpitations. Now, I'm not one to panic but I've never experienced anything like this before, and was completely unaware that it was one of the less common side effects. I was hyperventilating so much that I got my husband to call an ambulance and my hands started to go numb.

Luckily it passed in the space of about 15 minutes and by the time the ambulance arrived I was fine. The ambulance crew did a full ECG and blood pressure and blood sugar test and all of that, and all was fine.

I just thought I'd put this up because I was expecting tiredness or body aches, not feeling like I was about to have a heart attack. Apparently the numbness in my hands was because I was breathing so fast the oxygen wasn't making it to my extremities. So if it happens again - which I hope it doesn't because it was really horrible - I'm to try to breathe really deeply and slowly, and it will pass.

I probably wouldn't have rung the ambulance if I had known it was likely to be a side effect of the jab. Or maybe I would have. I dunno.

Anyway, all good in the hood now.

Ah - a VERY good immune system. A relative of mine who has always been described as being in rude good health - 'nothing fazes her' - was floored for a couple of days when she got her first dose of AZ.

That was very frightening for you. Glad you're feeling better now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,432 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Ah - a VERY good immune system. A relative of mine who has always been described as being in rude good health - 'nothing fazes her' - was floored for a couple of days when she got her first dose of AZ.

That was very frightening for you. Glad you're feeling better now!

I've talked about reactions to the vaccine with a couple of family members - one involved in the vaccine programme and the other a research medic. They say a reaction like fever, pains etc does not reflect a good or bad immune system. Immunity is the same whether you have such a reaction or no after affects at all.

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    igCorcaigh wrote: »

And now I'm feeling awful again...
    I've had a lot of kidney infections in my time, and it's feeling like that, without the obvious UTI symptoms.

Face feels hot, achey muscles, woozy.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aisling86

Yes - J&J
    It’s worth ringing the Helpline, they do actually answer if you ring around 8am when it opens. I rang about mine and the guy said that a good few people have missed their texts ie. the texts haven’t delivered. They will have your dad’s details so they can tell him when his appt is.

He rang yesterday & was told if he didn’t hear by 15th to ring again and he got a text this morning for 14th so just a few days difference.

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    I've talked about reactions to the vaccine with a couple of family members - one involved in the vaccine programme and the other a research medic. They say a reaction like fever, pains etc does not reflect a good or bad immune system. Immunity is the same whether you have such a reaction or no after affects at all.

Yup! Just because some people have zero side effects to the vaccine does not in any way mean that it will be less effective for them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Yes - J&J
    Got my 1st yesterday in Citywest - over 2 hours there. Appointment was 5.30 pm - got there at 4.40 and the queue was down to the 1st roundabout and back up the other side. Decided to join the queue at that time. Vaccinated at 6.37 and left at 6.55.

Very well laid out even if it was a bit of a wait.

Credit where its due - Never thought the HSE could organise a piss up but they nailed the vaccine rollout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Yes - J&J
    Wife ended up in a+e after 2nd Pfizer with chest pains.
    Adverse reaction to vaccine

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twiglet24

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    Has anyone had vaccine dribble down their arm after the jab?
    Just had my second Moderna jab - given by an older male doctor who gave the jab, then walked back to the table for the cotton wool to press over the injection site. In the meantime I could feel liquid dribbling down my arm! At the time I thought it was because he hadn’t the cotton wool handy, so said nothing, but back home now and kicking myself in case I now don’t have the full dose!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    twiglet24 wrote: »
    Just had my second Moderna jab - given by an older male doctor who gave the jab, then walked back to the table for the cotton wool to press over the injection site. In the meantime I could feel liquid dribbling down my arm! At the time I thought it was because he hadn’t the cotton wool handy, so said nothing, but back home now and kicking myself in case I now don’t have the full dose!

Maybe let your own doctor know and ask for advice on it?

Got my first Moderna one in Mullingar on Tuesday. Very well run. Was vaccinated after 15 mins of arriving even though it was very busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    Wife ended up in a+e after 2nd Pfizer with chest pains.
    Adverse reaction to vaccine

Maybe has allergies she wasn't aware of? Hope she's ok now!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yes - Moderna first jab

Personally I would discuss this with your GP and ask his/ her advice .
    I would imagine it was a dribble from the needle as opposed to leaking from your arm . He probably took the needle out and a dribble was left . You know how one drop can drip down your skin and it feels like a lot more than it actually is

https://www.hse.ie/eng/health/immunisation/hcpinfo/covid19vaccineinfo4hps/faqscovidvacc/

What if the vaccine leaks during administration?
    If some of the vaccine leaks out of the syringe during administration this is not a valid dose. A further dose of the vaccine should be administered at a separate site at the same visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twiglet24

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Personally I would discuss this with your GP and ask his/ her advice .
    I would imagine it was a dribble from the needle as opposed to leaking from your arm . He probably took the needle out and a dribble was left . You know how one drop can drip down your skin and it feels like a lot more than it actually is

https://www.hse.ie/eng/health/immunisation/hcpinfo/covid19vaccineinfo4hps/faqscovidvacc/

What if the vaccine leaks during administration?
    If some of the vaccine leaks out of the syringe during administration this is not a valid dose. A further dose of the vaccine should be administered at a separate site at the same visit.

Thanks - I found this too, which is what got me worrying!
    The doctor didn’t even notice so I probably should have pointed it out, but didn’t want to seem to be over-reacting.
    The thing is that I inject myself weekly with an injector pen and I know that sometimes there is a drop of fluid at the site but as it’s in my thigh, it doesn’t go anywhere, so I am second guessing about whether it’s normal.
    I am definitely going to give the GP a call on Monday anyway. I’m on immunosuppressants so I feel like every drop of vaccine is important!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Daniel2021

I didnt have this with the covid vaccine but when I got a tetanus jab it happened. Malfunction with the needle apparently. I had to get a second one. Definitely check with your GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭anais

Yes - J&J
    Parked car today in Punchestown at 10:52, sitting down in Observation room at 10:58am. Incredibly quick,efficient and friendly. If Carlsburg did vaccination centres...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    peasant wrote: »
    48 hrs after 1st jab of Moderna:

Initially (Thu afternoon) perfectly fine
    Thu evening feeling a bit tired and lacklustre
    slept well that night
    Woke up Fri morning more tired than usual, left arm hurt quite a bit
    Got ready to go to work, had shower, made lunch, sat down for cup of coffee
    On getting up again, felt completely zapped and woolly headed.
    Did not make it into work...did some work from home and went back to bed for a few hours, some more work and then back to bed for the evening and night.

Slept in this morning, still feeling a bit slow, arm still sensitive to the touch, but much better altogether...could have gone to work if it hadn't been Saturday.

Side effects of flu jab last autumn were pretty much the same, only slightly more shivering and less painful arm.

If the whole thing hadn't been such short notice, I'd have planned a day off work post-jab and spent a guilt-free day in bed recovering.

aaand 48 hours after second Moderna jab ...

Similar symptoms but less pronounced. Made it into work the day after, head a bit wooly and body a tad slower than normal, but bearable (not operating heavy machinery, just driving a desk).

Had a good, long sleep, still a bit tired today but managed two hours worth of grass cutting and a beer as reward ..so all is good :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

Yes - J&J
    I had my first dose of Pfizer I think the 26th of May. No reactions bar a sore arm for a day or two. Get my 2nd on the 22nd of this month. I've seen a few friends who had fluey-type symptoms for 2 or 3 days after, others were completely fine. I guess it just depends on the individual.

Vaccine was done by local doctors. Super quick - was in the door and vaccinated in less than 10 minutes, no queue. Got it when the time was allocated for. Had to wait for 15 minutes after and then cleared. Very seamless. Dunno about the local HSE centre but I think it's fairly smooth also.

I'm 38 and part of vulnerable group.

Advertisement