Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone had a Covid 19 vaccine yet? - poll added 02/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    For those who got second moderna how did you feel afterwards? I will be on holiday next week when I get mine and i am nervous about been laid up on a family break . I wasn’t great after the first one , developed a very stuffy head and aches and pains .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Yes - Pfizer second jab
    After feeling barely more than a tickle from first moderna shot, the second one left my arm feeling quite sore for 1-2 days after and i was a bit bushed with a mild headache/grogginess. Nothing excessively dramatic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    I imagine the older you are the less likely you are to have have common systemic side effects aftef receiving the vaccine as your immune system isn't as responsive with T cells etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭aidom

Yes - Pfizer second jab
    harr wrote: »
    For those who got second moderna how did you feel afterwards? I will be on holiday next week when I get mine and i am nervous about been laid up on a family break . I wasn’t great after the first one , developed a very stuffy head and aches and pains .

I was fine after dose 1 but felt feverish, very tired and headachey after dose 2. Effects lasted about 48 hours and then I was grand. I’m mid 30s.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Yes - Pfizer second jab

I had a very sore arm with the first Moderna jab, sore enough to take paracetamol, but other than that I was fine. I was apprehensive getting the second one last Sunday as I’d been told to expect more side effects. My arm was sore and itchy below the injection site and the side of my neck was sore too. This was gone within 48 hrs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

Yes - Pfizer first jab

After 1st Moderna I had a sore arm for about 3 days. After the 2nd jab my arm got sore more quickly but was gone next day. Then 2 days later I got that "Moderna arm" - it got a bit red and the next day it was REALLY red - it looked like it should have been really painful but actually didn't hurt at all - just felt hot to the touch. Applied frozen peas and took some paracetamol - the next day the red patch had totally calmed down and was gone 2 days later. Seems to be a thing noticed with Moderna but is said to be annoying and not harmful.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,144 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yes - Moderna first jab
    In fairness, the info shared here is very good and practical.

Yes - Pfizer first jab

Got my second shot Tuesday. Was fine after first one, but feels like the flu with the second. Bed is as far as I’ve gotten today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Yes - Pfizer second jab
    Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    I imagine the older you are the less likely you are to have have common systemic side effects aftef receiving the vaccine as your immune system isn't as responsive with T cells etc.

That’s interesting, I didn’t know that. I’m 48 so that might explain why I only got a sore arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭RurtBeynolds

Anyone any idea what the helix is like late afternoon? Have my jab tomorrow around 5. Wondering if I'll have to do much standing around?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

Yes - Pfizer second jab
    I got the first Pfizer vaccine, tiredness, headache and nausea were my only symptom. And a very sore arm. Has anyone got their vaccine in their dominant arm. My dominant arm is the right and I got jabbed in the left. But I sleep better on my left side than I do on my right, so didn't sleep too well last night. I love my sleep, so thinking of getting the second dose in my right arm.

I got my second Moderna jab yesterday in my right (dominant) arm for exactly that reason. My sleep last night was pretty poor due to chills, fever, and general body/leg aches, but at least my jabbed arm was not hurting (it hurt like buggery after the first jab). Unless you work in manual labour, so need that arm for heavy lifting at work, i’d do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭boege

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    EDit wrote: »
    I got my second Moderna jab yesterday in my right (dominant) arm for exactly that reason. My sleep last night was pretty poor due to chills, fever, and general body/leg aches, but at least my jabbed arm was not hurting (it hurt like buggery after the first jab). Unless you work in manual labour, so need that arm for heavy lifting at work, i’d do it.

Very similar here, second jab yesterday. Arm a bit sorer that first jab but bearable. However, have had a severe headache all day. This afternoon I developed a dose of the shivers and cannot keep warm. Here typing with a blanket over my legs and the sun scorching outside.

Generally feel like I am developing a 'man-flu'!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭Irishjg

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    Got my second Moderna jab today. So far no issues so hopefully I’ll be grand tomorrow. I can’t post my second jab on the first page poll as I already submitted after my first jab. I suspect a lot of contributors here did the same so the pole is probably starting to look a bit skewed towards first injections only at this stage. Pity really. The initial info was very interesting.

Yes - J&J
    Second Pfizer today and have a bit of a tender arm so exactly like the first shot. Nothing other than that.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Yes - Pfizer second jab
    2nd Moderna jab yesterday morning. Only thing I had was a sore arm for a couple of days after the 1st jab. Had no other side effects after the 1st jab.

Arm a bit sorer this time around, hurts to lift my elbow up, plus quite tired today and just not feeling great with a bit of a headache. Temperature fine, no fever. Dropping paracetamol at the moment to help. Not affecting my diet though, still eating everything in sight! Feeling better as the day goes on, hopefully tomorrow I'll be grand aside from the arm.

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    Rubberlegs wrote: »
    That’s interesting, I didn’t know that. I’m 48 so that might explain why I only got a sore arm.

I know a person your age,48, who had very debilitating c hills, pains and aches for a few days after 2nd Moderna. He is fine now.

It might help if people stated their AGE and side effects, if any. Then we could use as a case study of whether those younger experience greater side effects. The younger you are the more active your immune system is.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,016 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Yes - J&J
    Second Pfizer yesterday morning, age 47.

Last night was a bit rough, woke this morning with headache and general unwell feeling, paracetamol has pretty much sorted it. Has reminded me what an insufferable patient I am after over a year of not even a sniffle.

Feels good after no reaction to first jab. Totally unscientific "if it hurts it must be doing good" psychology.

edit: most of today spent napping and moaning. I think I might just make it through.

Yes - J&J
    First Pfizer vaccine this morning in Armagh. No reaction except for a bit of laziness. Partner had hers yesterday evening (also Pfizer) and is floored today. Possibly literally on the floor, I should probably check on her, but I'm too lazy to get up.

Just glad it's the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Bellie1

Yes - J&J
    My partner had his second Pfizer last Tues and was floored that evening, nausea,like a hangover..He was grand the next day. Yesterday afternoon he had similar bout of tiredness and nausea, hit him out of blue and lasted a few hours . Anyone else have this?

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭hesaidshesaid

Yes - J&J
    Bellie1 wrote: »
    My partner had his second Pfizer last Tues and was floored that evening, nausea,like a hangover..He was grand the next day. Yesterday afternoon he had similar bout of tiredness and nausea, hit him out of blue and lasted a few hours . Anyone else have this?

I had this after the first Pfizer. Ended up vomiting twice with the nausea. Was exhausted for 5-7 days afterwards, it would hit me out of the blue as you described. Had second Pfizer last week and am grand. It seems people are getting reactions on the first or second jab but not usually both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Bellie1

Yes - J&J
    I had this after the first Pfizer. Ended up vomiting twice with the nausea. Was exhausted for 5-7 days afterwards, it would hit me out of the blue as you described. Had second Pfizer last week and am grand. It seems people are getting reactions on the first or second jab but not usually both.
    I was also exhausted for almost a week afterwards too. Blamed it on the heat last week but wondering now if was post Pfizer no 2. We're both fine today so not concerned, just curious

Yes - J&J
    Noticed I have very swollen lymph glands since yesterday, and my throat is so sore I can't eat much more than ice-cream, soup, etc. Energy levels are back to normal, though my partner is still exhausted.

Nothing serious. It's been 2 - 3 days since either of us got vaccinated, still very much worth it. There are worse things to eat for lunch than ice-cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Yes - Pfizer first jab

Wondering if you could have been infected before and not noticed it? Hence the reaction to the first vaccine (seeing as most are getting a reaction on their second)...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,144 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Talking to a cousin today. He couldn't look at food for a day and a half after first AZ shot. His wife says, when is the next shot? Like me, he could do with losing a few pounds. Hoping I'm called this week for 2nd AZ shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Got my second shot of pfizer last tuesday.

Arm was still sore up until Saturday. Felt terrible all day Wednesday and Thursday, didnt want to eat and for some bizarre reason absoloutely dying with the thirst.

Have had a lot of headaches until yesterday also and didnt have a decent nights sleep until saturday night.

Had no side effects from the first jab and feel back to normal completely today.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭hesaidshesaid

Yes - J&J
    Lillyfae wrote: »
    Wondering if you could have been infected before and not noticed it? Hence the reaction to the first vaccine (seeing as most are getting a reaction on their second)...

Yes I think that’s very likely. I had what a thought was a very bad chest infection in November 2019, couldn’t catch my breath and had heart palpitations for weeks. Still do sometimes, GP is now sending me for chest X-ray and ECG. The fatigue was pretty relentless too, very bad for the first 2 months and still an issue at times. I didn’t lose my sense of smell but looking back my sense of taste was off. Didn’t take much notice of that at the time. It was months later before we had a list of official symptoms. For a long time it was believed that Covid wasn’t here back then, but I work in a school with a high population of international children, some of whom would have travelled home to both China and Italy for the Oct midterm. Who knows really. GP and a few other docs I’ve been with think it’s a strong possibility. Delighted to be vaccinated anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    Second moderna tomorrow, currently on holiday and driving back up for it . Heading back tomorrow evening.
    Not ideal getting it when on holidays and am dreading the taught of being sick or unwell . Only break we are getting this year.

Yes - Pfizer first jab
    2nd Moderna last Saturday. Felt slightly depressed after it ( and thankfully I never get depressed). Very disturbed sleep that night. Did not really sleep. Felt slightly cold. Moderate headache that night and next day. Arm sore but not as sore as 1st injection.
    I have had mild night sweats ever since. Waking at 5am each morning having to change t shirt. For me this indicates my immune system is in overdrive as the 1st time I had night sweats was aged 18 with measles and second time was when I got a very serious viral infection 3 years ago requiring hospitalizations with drenching night sweats which are dreadful as you wake up several times in a wet bed. I really hope these milder night sweats aren't a long term effect of this Vaccine for me.

I try my best to always socially distance and stay in very secluded parts of public parks. Yet total idiots keep walking right beside me as happened today. Hope I don't fall at last hurdle. Best of luck with everyone who got vaccine.
    (Night sweats are usually a sign of an infection or certain types of Cancer)

Yes - J&J
    Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    2nd Moderna last Saturday. Felt slightly depressed after it
    Oddly enough, a colleague who had Moderna had a couple of days of mild depression after hers, too. She has no history of depression at all.

There's probably an interesting angle here for a bit of research. If the physiological responses to vaccination are well understood (inflammation, immune cascades, genetic transcription etc) it might just provide new insights into the causes of depression.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Yes - Moderna first jab
    Second AZ yesterday. Not as much as a sore arm.

Advertisement