Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Sunny Dayz wrote: »

One of them has a parent still alive but in a nursing home and will in just over 2 weeks be able to go in properly and visit them.

That's fantastic, I love that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Not my update but both parents got texts for their second shot of AZ vaccine. First dose was start of May and second dose will be this weekend. Both in early 60s and over the moon.

One of them has a parent still alive but in a nursing home and will in just over 2 weeks be able to go in properly and visit them.

Never mind the vaccine, put that into my veins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,120 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Had my 2nd jab appointment in citywest today, this one went even faster than the first one, with visibly less people there (the car park supported that perception as it was nowhere near as busy as it was first time around) i was in & out in 23 minutes and that included the 15 minute observation time.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Just sharing this here as it concerns appointments.
    The HSE said today that from July 1 it will automatically stop offering people further appointments, once they have refused three.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/hse-gets-tough-on-covid-19-vaccine-no-shows-with-new-three-strikes-and-youre-out-policy-40598879.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Can't see any issue with that.
    No, not a bit. It's a question that comes up on this thread periodically.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,892 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Though they only let you postpone by a day each time. I think if they allowed you to postpone an appointment by say a week each time, it'd be better imo, no need for people to worry about getting called during a holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rthosemytoes

Text received: June 30
    Appointment: July 3
    MVC: Limerick Racecourse
    Vaccine: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭gipi

Stark wrote: »
    Though they only let you postpone by a day each time. I think if they allowed you to postpone an appointment by say a week each time, it'd be better imo, no need for people to worry about getting called during a holiday.

What do you mean postpone by a day? There is no set time for a rescheduled appointment, could be a day or a week - HSE say up to 21 days.

On Thursday last I checked the HSE portal and found a date and time for my 2nd jab (Monday 28th). I was away on holidays and had to postpone. It's now June 30th and I have no rescheduled date as yet. I'm 33 days since first jab (Pfizer), and HSE live can't escalate my case because I asked for a reschedule.
    So I've just got to sit it out and wait - she said that it could be up to 21 days which is their general advice.

It's been a long process, I registered for the jab back in April! Had I waited for the pharmacies to get stocks, I would have been done and dusted by now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

gipi wrote: »
    What do you mean postpone by a day? There is no set time for a rescheduled appointment, could be a day or a week - HSE say up to 21 days.

On Thursday last I checked the HSE portal and found a date and time for my 2nd jab (Monday 28th). I was away on holidays and had to postpone. It's now June 30th and I have no rescheduled date as yet. I'm 33 days since first jab (Pfizer), and HSE live can't escalate my case because I asked for a reschedule.
    So I've just got to sit it out and wait - she said that it could be up to 21 days which is their general advice.

It's been a long process, I registered for the jab back in April! Had I waited for the pharmacies to get stocks, I would have been done and dusted by now.....

Or you could re-plan your holidays after you got your first dose. Second dose of Pfizer is so predictable... you would have been done and dusted by following their schedule..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Not my update but both parents got texts for their second shot of AZ vaccine. First dose was start of May and second dose will be this weekend. Both in early 60s and over the moon.

That's brilliant. Delighted for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭gipi

bish76 wrote: »
    Or you could re-plan your holidays after you got your first dose. Second dose of Pfizer is so predictable... you would have been done and dusted by following their schedule..

Well, I booked the trip in April, when I hoped that I would have been fully jabbed by end June, rather than still waiting (took 4 weeks and 3 days from registration to jab 1). Had I then received the 2nd dose on the 28 day schedule, I would have been done and dusted before my 2 day break away. Instead I was given a date 31 days after jab 1. Very difficult to plan anything on a timetable like that, to be honest. Should I sit at home for weeks on end waiting for my phone to ping?

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

Age 37
    Centre Breaffy, Mayo
    Registered 20th,text 24th,jab 28th.

Very efficient and quicker than I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Laugh_a_minute

bish76 wrote: »

Not as predictable as you would expect. I am 4 weeks and 4 days since my first Moderna with no sign of a text or appointment. HSE will not escalate until 4 weeks and 5 days after my first jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 lenovo1

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Have you tried using a different browser? Or different computer/phone? It could be some odd extension installed or just an issue with a specific version of the browser. I've had issues before elsewhere where switching from firefox to chrome or vice versa worked.

Tried chrome on both the phone and laptop. Will try other now. I have an outlook.com email address and they are adding something to the link called SafeLink.protection. I wonder is it that.

But I don't know how to remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Suitusir

Hi just wondering if anyone had to cancel their 2nd dose (moderna) appointment in Ballybrit racecourse,how long were they waiting for another appointment thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Apparently Meaghers have left over J&J vaccines.

Register below

https://app.epharmacy.io/pharmacies/713b9eba-6430-441a-9fa7-874a777658ea/book/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Any guess when registration will open for 30-34?
    Bit late for this weekend but surely by next weekend would be my thinking.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Klonker wrote: »

I recall reading something that suggested it was dependent on the uptake from the 35-39 cohort.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Klonker wrote: »

Just my guess and I don't have any information, but yes I'd agree it should be by next weekend.

They are starting to book appointments for the lower bound of the 35-39 group in parts of the country so they will need a larger pool soon.

Keep in mind that in some places (e.g. Dublin) they are still dealing with the 40-44 group though ... so over there even if it opens for 30-34 it will still take some time before appointments are issued.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭xboxdad

Can you please respond to this post if you tried getting your 2nd dose Pfizer without answering the medial questions online?
    My wife just got her 2nd appt (Aviva) and I've read about the HSE portal bug that can cancel your appt after answering the questions online - even if you state you don't/didn't have any issue. (we did respond to the questions online for the 1st dose and it worked, but unsure about the same for the 2nd dose now)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

xboxdad wrote: »
    Can you please respond to this post if you tried getting your 2nd dose Pfizer without answering the medial questions online?
    My wife just got her 2nd appt (Aviva) and I've read about the HSE portal bug that can cancel your appt after answering the questions online - even if you state you don't/didn't have any issue. (we did respond to the questions online for the 1st dose and it worked, but unsure about the same for the 2nd dose now)

Hi I answered the medical questions on the portal for my 2nd jab without issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lemmno

Does anyone know what age group they’re doing at Punchestown at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭no.8

Text received: Monday June 28th
    Appointment: Wednesday June 30th
    MVC: Pairc Ui Chaoimh
    Vaccine: Pfizer-BioNtech
    Dose: 1

Registered on the intended date for my age (I wasn't too pushed to get in there earlier). Interestingly enough I was booked in a day before OH (36) who registered on the first day for the 35-39 bracket (who is under pressure to get the vaccine).

Excellent experience, fairly quiet at 10:00. Straight in and jabbed within a few mins of entering the stadium. Fluid operation. Noticeably busier upon leaving though this may ebb and flow (I didn't hang around to find out).

Negatives: Just 1. No on-pitch entertainment / half-time show :/

• Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Bob24 wrote: »
    Just my guess and I don't have any information, but yes I'd agree it should be by next weekend.

They are starting to book appointments for the lower bound of the 35-39 group in parts of the country so they will need a larger pool soon.

Keep in mind that in some places (e.g. Dublin) they are still dealing with the 40-44 group though ... so over there even if it opens for 30-34 it will still take some time before appointments are issued.

I hope they open it up soon for us 30-34 year old. I really want to get in before they force AZ & JJ on to us.

I did have a blood test done to see if there was any blot clot concerns but because of the HSE hack, I won't get these results and I'm not comfortable getting AZ or J&J without the reinsurance of a clear result.

I hope they open it up soon for us 30-34 year old. I really want to get in before they force AZ & JJ on to us.

I did have a blood test done to see if there was any blot clot concerns but because of the HSE hack, I won't get these results and I'm not comfortable getting AZ or J&J without the reinsurance of a clear result.

Don't worry, AZ and J&J will be opt-in. Eamon Ryan said so the other night and George Lee reported the same thing on the news yesterday. He also said we can expect some information today from the HSE about how they're going to implement it. My guess is that they'll send AZ and J&J to the pharmacies.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Had my 2nd vaccine a month ago

Then I got a third appointment

Rang told them Id had 2

Then I got a 4th appointment

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭boccy23

lemmno wrote: »
    Does anyone know what age group they’re doing at Punchestown at the moment?

Had my second dose yesterday and there was a lot of people in my age group, 1971, having their second doses. Not sure how old the people getting first dose were. Younger than me anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Annasopra wrote: »
    Had my 2nd vaccine a month ago

Then I got a third appointment

Rang told them Id had 2

Then I got a 4th appointment
    You'll soon be able to wander around town and immunise people just by touching them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I have an appointment for my second dose of Moderna on Saturday morning. I got the text last night.

A few minutes ago I got another text with a link to medical questions they need answered before I get the jab.

I had to cancel an appointment for the second jab rallied this week. I did it the morning of the appointment.

How come I didn’t get asked these questions then?

Advertisement