Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

pmce4 wrote: »
    Hi I answered the medical questions on the portal for my 2nd jab without issues.

Me too. And I got my 2nd dose of Astrazeneca on 20 June.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Spent almost 8 hours in the aviva with my mum getting her 2 AZ shots (shambles). Getting pfizer monday in Bray.. just used my brothers eircode.

however assuming by then i can get the J&J one in a pharmacy i'll just do that tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Wandering2021

30 - 34 portal may be open next week I've read. Bring it on!

I have an appointment for my second dose of Moderna on Saturday morning. I got the text last night.

A few minutes ago I got another text with a link to medical questions they need answered before I get the jab.

I had to cancel an appointment for the second jab rallied this week. I did it the morning of the appointment.

How come I didn’t get asked these questions then?

These texts seem to be a new thing, I got one as well. I'm ignoring it as some people who answered the questions online had their appointments cancelled due to a bug in the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Anyone in the 35-39 bracket in North Dublin got an appointment yet?

Seems this group are getting jabs in the south county but I haven't heard anyone here get an appointment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

48, got second jab today in city west. Pfeizer. Well run operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Ladybird25

30 - 34 portal may be open next week I've read. Bring it on!

Can you share the news? I have my arm ready the moment I hear the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Flying Fox wrote: »
    These texts seem to be a new thing, I got one as well. I'm ignoring it as some people who answered the questions online had their appointments cancelled due to a bug in the system.

Ah flip.

I followed the link straight away and answers the questions. I’m usually not so diligent- hope I don’t regret it as Saturday morning is ideal because I can get a lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Tracybal

Has anyone in age 36-39 age bracket in North Westmeath area been called yet for vaccine, registered on 18 June and still awaiting, just wondering if any been called to Mullingar or Athlone MVC yet. Seems like other counties are getting through age bracket quicker.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Elessar wrote: »
    Anyone in the 35-39 bracket in North Dublin got an appointment yet? .

My husband (37) is getting his vaccination today and I'm aware of another in the same age group who got his yesterday. Plenty of others in North Dublin too going by this thread for Helix appointments. Seems to be ahead of Dublin west.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pedrozeno

Had my first dose in the Aviva yesterday (40). Very slick, was in and out in less than 25 minutes. Was lovely to see so many people so happy to be getting their turn, and the good weather was an added bonus. Roll on jab #2!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Cupra280

When I got my initial text, I logged into the portal and answered the medical questions online. That was on Monday. My appointment is tomorrow.

Yesterday, I received the text confirmation asking me to complete the medical questions. Given what you said, I was nervous that my appointment was cancelled.

Just checked, and it is still there.

I'm not saying that answering the questions will cancel an appointment, just that it has happened to some people on here.

It seems to happen instantly when the person is in the middle of answering the questions, so if you got through it without anything weird happening then you're fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,736 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Get ringing your local pharmacies.

I spent about 30 mins ringing around several in my town and ones close to me and got slotted in this morning (cancellation) at 11:30 and all done and got herself in for Tuesday - both Pfizer.

From ringing probably more than 30 pharmacies:
    - many are just doing J&J
    - a good few are doing Pfizer and are either i) waiting for more vaccines to arrive from HSE and ii) are in the middle of doing people and might or might not have waiting lists / cancellations for this week
    - some aren't doing any but will tell you who in your town is

Some pharmacies were also saying they are waiting for go ahead which they expect on Monday to do all ages and seemingly more Pfizer are on the way to them too if that's what people prefer.

I'm 35 by the way and based in Dundalk where by the sounds of it out local MVC is still doing round 2 of AZ and so would likely have been waiting a while even to be sent to Navan etc (which I would have had no issue with). What prompted me to ring around this morning was anecdotal stories of people in their 20's just chancing it with pharmacies around here and getting jabbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭oopsies

lemmno wrote: »
    Does anyone know what age group they’re doing at Punchestown at the moment?

My colleague got her first one last week and she is 42.. So slow going down there I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

I tried to register online last week and my PPS number was used to vaccinate someone else so couldn't register online.

I had to register by phone. I got my appointment for this Saturday and I got the text today about giving consent and I had issues again with my PPS number being used already to vaccinate someone else.

The HSE live person I spoke to said the online form of giving consent is only to speed to the vaccination process on the day at the vaccination centre and not doing it online wont effect my appointment and you can just do it at the vaccination centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Seriously what's going on with City West....I know it's a well run operation but we are lagging way behind the rest of the country.

Still waiting and checked the online portal to confirm.

All this talk to Delta has me rightly spooked too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,924 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yeah 39 and still waiting here. I'd wish they'd just send us to a different centre if there's a backlog in Citywest. They're vaccinating 40 year olds on Sunday.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Cupra280 wrote: »
    When I got my initial text, I logged into the portal and answered the medical questions online. That was on Monday. My appointment is tomorrow.

Yesterday, I received the text confirmation asking me to complete the medical questions. Given what you said, I was nervous that my appointment was cancelled.

Just checked, and it is still there.

I didn’t think to check by logging in. My appointment is still scheduled at the moment so I will keep an eye on it for changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,723 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just got the second dose now (45, Moderna). Portlaoise centre. Very busy actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Stark wrote: »
    Yeah 39 and still waiting here. I'd wish they'd just send us to a different centre if there's a backlog in Citywest. They're vaccinating 40 year olds on Sunday.

Not all of them. I'm 40 and waiting 26 days with still no appointment on the Portal - also escalted at 22 days and still nothing.

Going to try local GP and pharmacies today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I'm 45 and I got my 1st appointment 2nd June

Got my appointment today for 2nd jab Monday 5th july...

So they are running 5 days behind in Kerry .... that also same with a few people I work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

seamusk84 wrote: »
    Seriously what's going on with City West....I know it's a well run operation but we are lagging way behind the rest of the country.

You might be waiting a while, I'm 40 in a few days and heard nothing yet, city west too, registered about 4 weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭xboxdad

I'm not saying that answering the questions will cancel an appointment, just that it has happened to some people on here.

It seems to happen instantly when the person is in the middle of answering the questions, so if you got through it without anything weird happening then you're fine.

It'd be great to know if ppl who ignored the text / didn't answer the questions online still got their 2nd jab at their MVC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

Age 46
    1st dose 7th June Cork City Hall
    2nd dose 5th July Cork City Hall
    Pfizer

xboxdad wrote: »
    It'd be great to know if ppl who ignored the text / didn't answer the questions online still got their 2nd jab at their MVC.

Why wouldn't they? The questions will just be asked at the centre if necessary.

Someone further up on the thread (or possibly the other vaccine thread) said that the helpline confirmed this. The online questionnaire is just to speed things up, that's all. Ignoring it won't prevent you from getting vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭ClydeTallyBump

Has anyone got an appointment for Croke Park yet in the 35-39 bracket?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭gipi

Almost there!
    Age 59 (registered with the 60 yr olds as I'm in my 60th year)
    Location Co Louth

Registered 27th April
    1st Jab - Dundalk 28th May (4 weeks, 3 days)
    2nd Jab - scheduled for 28th June (4 weeks, 3 days) - wasn't available, so rescheduled via portal
    Rescheduled date on portal today:
    2nd Jab - Dundalk, 6th July (5 weeks, 4 days since 1st jab). No text received as yet

Pfizer flavour.
    Glad to have the process nearly over (yes, I know I delayed it by rescheduling, but it's been a long haul since April!).

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pmdcf

2nd appointment available on the portal but no text received yet

Age 46: (Aug 1974)
    Reg: 21 May
    Vaccine: Pfizer
    First dose: 3 June
    Second dose: 5 July - 31 days gap
    Venue: UCD O'Reilly Hall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

seamusk84 wrote: »

Lets hope we get in to Citywest before they start trying to pawn off the AZ doses to us

Advertisement