Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

mloc123 wrote: »
    Lets hope we get in to Citywest before they start trying to pawn off the AZ doses to us

There was a massive delivery yesterday of Pfizer (300k+), so I’d assume they’ll start using that next week. AZ looks like it will start getting pawned off after the 26th of this month. I’d say unless you go to a pharmacy you’ll get an mRNA one.

On south Dublin, I know quite a few in the 35-39 group waiting. Doesn’t help the Aviva is shut to facilitate the empty stadium rugby match going ahead over the next few weekends (its shut on match day for the rugby series and fai events).

So if you’re in CityWest it will be very unlikely to be moved to Aviva or UCD. Maybe the Helix, but I’d say that’s unlikely as well to. Just my thoughts on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭JPup

Has anyone got an appointment for Croke Park yet in the 35-39 bracket?

A friend of mine is there today getting done. 38 years old.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

30+ registration from the end of next week https://twitter.com/DonnellyStephen/status/1410587813704351746

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

ddarcy wrote: »
    There was a massive delivery yesterday of Pfizer (300k+), so I’d assume they’ll start using that next week. AZ looks like it will start getting pawned off after the 26th of this month. I’d say unless you go to a pharmacy you’ll get an mRNA one.

On south Dublin, I know quite a few in the 35-39 group waiting. Doesn’t help the Aviva is shut to facilitate the empty stadium rugby match going ahead over the next few weekends (its shut on match day for the rugby series and fai events).

So if you’re in CityWest it will be very unlikely to be moved to Aviva or UCD. Maybe the Helix, but I’d say that’s unlikely as well to. Just my thoughts on it.

A friend of mine, 63, got first dose Astrazeneca in the Helix, but getting 2nd dose tomorrow in Citywest.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Ladybird25

Get ringing your local pharmacies.

I spent about 30 mins ringing around several in my town and ones close to me and got slotted in this morning (cancellation) at 11:30 and all done and got herself in for Tuesday - both Pfizer.

From ringing probably more than 30 pharmacies:
    - many are just doing J&J
    - a good few are doing Pfizer and are either i) waiting for more vaccines to arrive from HSE and ii) are in the middle of doing people and might or might not have waiting lists / cancellations for this week
    - some aren't doing any but will tell you who in your town is

Some pharmacies were also saying they are waiting for go ahead which they expect on Monday to do all ages and seemingly more Pfizer are on the way to them too if that's what people prefer.

I'm 35 by the way and based in Dundalk where by the sounds of it out local MVC is still doing round 2 of AZ and so would likely have been waiting a while even to be sent to Navan etc (which I would have had no issue with). What prompted me to ring around this morning was anecdotal stories of people in their 20's just chancing it with pharmacies around here and getting jabbed.

Weren't the putting the vaccines in pharmacies to >50 years old? Have they changed this already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,457 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Registered 1st June (born 1981 but 39)
    No text received
    Logged on today and saw appointment 1 for Tuesday 6th July in UCD (filled in consent and medical questions without a problem)
    When I rang last week they said I was assigned to CityWest so something is changing there
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭smallgarden

38, 1st dose of Pfizer in Mountmellick pharmacy today. Really quick and efficient, no queue.

Rang HSE to cancel an mvc appointment that was scheduled for next week and they weren't aware pharmacies had started using Pfizer for over 35s in pharmacies yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

vienne86 wrote: »
    A friend of mine, 63, got first dose Astrazeneca in the Helix, but getting 2nd dose tomorrow in Citywest.

Not saying it’s not possible. Helix is definitely ahead of elsewhere in Dublin. But they are beginning to wind it down and move to Swords. I just think it is unlikely that someone on the south side would get put there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

seamusk84 wrote: »
    Seriously what's going on with City West....I know it's a well run operation but we are lagging way behind the rest of the country.

Still waiting and checked the online portal to confirm.

All this talk to Delta has me rightly spooked too.

2 weeks for a city west appointment after registering is standard enough... or at least was

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

astrofool wrote: »
    No text received
    Logged on today and saw appointment 1 for Tuesday 6th July in UCD (filled in consent and medical questions without a problem)
    When I rang last week they said I was assigned to CityWest so something is changing there
    Pfizer

I this a fair reflection of how things are going in the South Dublin MCVs, late thirties early next week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ceist99

Text: 1st July
    Appt: 8th July
    Vaccine: Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

Age: 39 and Cohort 7 (but gp not vaccinating and only filled in referral on new portal today)

Registered for age group: 20/6/21

Nothing yet on portal or by text.

Very frustrating seeing plenty of 35/36 year's with appointments elsewhere. And many younger and healthy people being done by gps too.

Relatives aged 64 only getting second AZ dose on Saturday in Citywest and I know several 42 year olds still without any appointment, so I think it will be near the end of July at this stage.

Great thread here for getting an overview, so thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭bikeman1

ddarcy wrote: »
    Not saying it’s not possible. Helix is definitely ahead of elsewhere in Dublin. But they are beginning to wind it down and move to Swords. I just think it is unlikely that someone on the south side would get put there now.

The Helix are lashing out AZ this week it seems. I know 3 60+ year old's there this week getting their second jabs (one Sat and one Sun). Appears to be a huge movement on them in North Dublin. They are all bouncing around the place now that their second jabs are finally here and having been talked about so much in the media the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Soon to be 36, south Dublin. I never got a text but logged in there and I've an appointment for next Wednesday in UCD, Pfizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭secman

seamusk84 wrote: »
    Seriously what's going on with City West....I know it's a well run operation but we are lagging way behind the rest of the country.

Still waiting and checked the online portal to confirm.

All this talk to Delta has me rightly spooked too.

Citywest is running at full capacity 7 days a week, most of last week was 2nd dose AZ then switched back to 2nd dose Pfizer yesterday. Back to 2nd dose AZ tomorrow, my appointment is for 6pm tomorrow. A colleague was there yesterday for 2nd Pfizer and said it took him almost 2 hours , queue was huge, chocabloc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Soon to be 36, south Dublin. I never got a text but logged in there and I've an appointment for next Wednesday in UCD, Pfizer.

Starting to really wonder how the system works, i know plenty of people very close to UCD in the 37-39 ages who haven't heard anything yet.

Im sure they will get it eventually but the impression being given is they will move through age by age which doesn't seem to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭sekond

Does anyone know when you can ask them to escalate it, if you have previously cancelled an appointment? I registered over 3 weeks ago, received an appointment on the 22nd for the 25th which I had to cancel as it clashed with something I couldn't move - I cancelled within seconds of it coming in. Nothing since (and my husband in that same time period got an appointment for a 2nd dose appointment, cancelled it, got the new appointment and got his 2nd dose, at the same centre). Can I escalate now as it's over 3 weeks since I registered, or does the clock reset from when I cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

VinLieger wrote: »
    Starting to really wonder how the system works, i know plenty of people very close to UCD in the 37-39 ages who haven't heard anything yet.

Tell them to login to the portal and check, I hadn't heard anything either.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Tell them to login to the portal and check, I hadn't heard anything either.

People still aren't getting their appointments though. I'm in South Dublin, and turning 38, and there is nothing in the portal. It seems to be abitrary atm.

feylya wrote: »
    People still aren't getting their appointments though. I'm in South Dublin, and turning 38, and there is nothing in the portal. It seems to be abitrary atm.

I think it depends what centre you get allocated to, maybe you'll be sent to the Aviva.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Jaffleywaffley

Text received: Wednesday June 23rd
    Appointment: Thursday 1st July
    MVC: Pairc Ui Chaoimh
    Vaccine: Pfizer-BioNtech
    Dose: 1

First vaccine done, delighted! Hassle free trip, it's so well run and organized down there. My appointment was for 12:10 but arrived at 11 and there was no issue.
    Took just about ten minutes from leaving my car to starting my post vaccine waiting time. (And that includes a quick trip to the bathroom in between registering and getting to the vaccine area). Asked for it in my right arm as I sleep on my left. No side effects yet, but it's early days!

In case anyone is nervous about going or wants to know what to expect (in PUC anyway) here's a quick run down:
    -You arrive and if in a car are shown where to park, this didn't take too long, I was parked on the grass to the front right of the stadium.
    -Entering the stadium is via a white marquee.
    -There were two people at high tables by the marquee checking people's names and times of appointments. I was an hour early and they didn't say anything.
    - You go into the stadium and a person is there asking you to sanitise your hands at a sanitising station. Then you're asked if you want to take the stairs or lift. I said stairs not realizing it was nearly 4 floors up. Will get lift next time!
    -You arrive at the vaccination floor, and first have to register. There's loads of booths for registration and no queues when I was there.
    -Registrar asks for name, address, date of birth, PPS etc. I completely forgot my ID, but she just said to bring it the next day.
    -She gave me a post it with my appt number written on it, this was to give to the vaccinator.
    -You walk down the corridor with the stadium pitch etc down below to the right, pretty cool.
    -There's bathrooms along this corridor before you arrive at the vaccination area, so if you're like me and need a quick pitstop (and a quick breather/sensory overload break!) then those are available.
    -Then you arrive at the vaccination booths and someone directs you to the next free booth. You sit down with the vaccinator and they ask you for your details again, and the medical questions (that I had already answered on the portal!).
    -Then you get the vaccine, you're given a sticker with your discharge time and are off to the waiting area down the corridor. It's basically a whole load of socially distanced chairs in 3 long rows.
    -You wait here for 15 mins and every 5 mins a time is called and those who are able to go can go. (No one checks the stickers so technically you could just go straight out, or wait a shorter time, but I didn't)
    -Then you go back downstairs and out the other side of the building to which you came in. Plenty of volunteers around giving directions back to the front so it's not too hard to find your way back to the car.
    -Arrived at 10:56 (ish), entered marquee at 10:58 was vaccinated at 11:08 and was driving out the gate at 11:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

feylya wrote: »

It really does seem to be very arbitrary considering the reports ive seen on here and other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭gipi

sekond wrote: »
    Does anyone know when you can ask them to escalate it, if you have previously cancelled an appointment? I registered over 3 weeks ago, received an appointment on the 22nd for the 25th which I had to cancel as it clashed with something I couldn't move - I cancelled within seconds of it coming in. Nothing since (and my husband in that same time period got an appointment for a 2nd dose appointment, cancelled it, got the new appointment and got his 2nd dose, at the same centre). Can I escalate now as it's over 3 weeks since I registered, or does the clock reset from when I cancelled?

I got notice on Thursday 24th of an appointment on Monday 28th. I asked to reschedule immediately. Contacted HSE help desk yesterday as I'm into my 5th week for 2nd Pfizer. Basically told that I'll have to wait because I postponed. My case couldn't be escalated.
    As it happens, I got a new notice today for next Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭kerplun k

astrofool wrote: »
    No text received
    Pfizer

I’m the same as you. 37. I registered early on the 18th of June. I was checking online everyday. Opened it today and seen I have an appointment in UCD for Tuesday. I didn’t get a message either.

I’m living in Dublin 16, so I thought I would have got an appointment for citywest. Anyhews, happy to have a date. Pfizer As well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

secman wrote: »
    Citywest is running at full capacity 7 days a week, most of last week was 2nd dose AZ then switched back to 2nd dose Pfizer yesterday. Back to 2nd dose AZ tomorrow, my appointment is for 6pm tomorrow. A colleague was there yesterday for 2nd Pfizer and said it took him almost 2 hours , queue was huge, chocabloc.

Wow! How unpredictable is that...
    I was there yesterday for 2nd Pfizer at 3.30 and I was in and out in about 35 or 40 minutes, straight into the building and that's where my queue started.
    A far cry from day one that took me all morning with the queue extending the full-length of the car park and back up the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I am 39, registered on the 20 June, got my first jab on 28th in Croke Park. It took about 30/45 minutes as I was in the last block of appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blackbird86

VinLieger wrote: »
    It really does seem to be very arbitrary considering the reports ive seen on here and other places.

Yes it really does. Me and my husband are both 38, obviously same location. He got his text last Friday & had his first dose in UCD 3 days ago while I've heard nothing. And it's not on the portal either, I've just checked.

When I registered I wasn't expecting to be seen quickly at all, figured it'd be at least a couple of weeks. But it's a bit frustrating when people the same age are already jabbed & now I see people 3 years younger in the area are getting their appointments too

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shelladoo

Due 2nd jab in Helix this Sunday - however, I know of others who got first in days before me who haven't got called yet. Any other 1974/1975 2nd doses been called for Helix yet(Pfizer)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 stoneygreysoil

40 year old, south west Dublin, registered over 4 weeks ago and still no appointment. Unsure what is going on in Citywest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭FileNotFound

I registered and think I verified my email but honestly cannot remember.

Anyone know if you get a second email once you verify? Or did everyone just get the 1 asking for them to verify it?

Cheers

Oh and if you are outside dublin - just call your GP and ask for one - my entire family in different locations all vaccinated ahead of their age, all it took was a quick phone call.

Advertisement