Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭secman

BigBirdie wrote: »
    My mum, 60-64 bracket, got a txt to get her second AZ in Carlow on Sunday, 8 weeks and 1 day after the first. She has to postpone unfortunately so hopefully won't be too long waiting for new appt.

Just curious as what could be more important than getting 2nd AZ jab knowing how vulnerable we 60 to 69 age bracket are to Delta variant ?
    I tried to get mine last week with my wife but supervisor wouldn't give it as i was only 52 days from Ist jab, getting it this Friday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

harr wrote: »
    We left filling in any info on line on our first jab as I had been warned about the possibility of the appointment being cancelled, they ask all the same on the day anyway. Surely they have had enough time now to fix this known bug .

I filled the "i consent" on last Saturday for an appointment on Monday, an on Monday I answered the questions a few hours before heading over.

The registration person looked up my details and said "I see you have already filled out the questions you're good to go" and off I went.

The vaccinator did ask the questions again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Psychoss

PopTarts wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the Helix is busy in the evenings - after 5:30pm?

Does traffic be bad around then coming from Clonee?

Traffic around the Helix itself is fine, plenty of space in the garage (free of charge)
    Assuming you'd be coming from the M50 down the N1 and turn right to the campus, there shouldn't be much traffic.

Now the Helix plaza itself is a bit different, I was there yesterday around that time, and there is a continuous stream of people (guesstimate : around 300 at any time), so you get sorted in rows and have to wait outside (under the marquees) for about 20 min.

39M
    Booked via HSE portal on 22nd June
    SMS received 26 June
    1st Dose : 29 June
    Vaccine : Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭CiboC

Does anyone know are they giving Pfizer jabs in the Avivia this Thursday or Friday?

I have an appointment for a 2nd shot on Sunday (which would make a 30 day interval) but will be away, so I want to go a day or two early and see if they will do it then instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I had my first vaccine (Pfizer) in Citywest this morning.

40 years old
    Appointment was for 8:25
    Arrived just after 8 and decided to go in as there were a good few people around.
    Was injected at 8:31, 15 min observation and then out.

Impressive setup out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Age 32
    First Dose: 02.June
    Second Dose: 30.June (today)
    Pfizer
    Group 7 via GP

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Text received: 26th June (today)
    1st Dose: 29th June
    Venue: Helix
    Vaccine type: BioNtech-Pfizer

So I had the shot yesterday as scheduled. Fairly busy out there with a constant stream of cars coming in/out.

The initial queuing system can look quite daunting when you first arrive, but you soon realise how it works, and it actually works quite well. I was probably there for about 15-20 minutes before 'my line' started entering the building. Arrived at the check in desk and was there for no more than 60 seconds, then around the corner to another small queue and was in a vaccine booth after about a minute.

Very slick operation, well managed and well run. The stewards outside the building entrance marshalling folk to stay on the squares on the ground to keep everything nice and uniform..

Feel's almost surreal, like something out of a movie!

Slightly sore upper arm is the only side effect so far.

2nd shot will be up at the Showgrounds by the airport/Swords as the Helix will be closing soon.. Handier for me to get to, so happy days.

Shout out to any fellow Boardsies that were there ~15:10 - 15:50

• Registered Users Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

1982. Aged 39
    East Meath

Text: 30/6/21
    Appointment: 3/7/21
    Centre: DIFE Drogheda
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

County: Kildare
    Appointment text: 03/06
    First dose appointment: 05/06 (Saturday)
    Centre: Punchestown
    Vaccine: Pfizer
    Mood: Relieved to eventually get the appointment, annoyed that I'm not going to miss any work for it, and excited at the prospect of having a magnetic arm. :pac: :D
    Yesterday evening, I got the text for my second Pfizer appointment. Next Monday, so my two jabs were June the 5th with the second on July the 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Registered in the 35 bracket last week in Dublin, still haven't heard anything yet... Anyone know the usual time frames

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

Anyone aware of delays in city west, I'm in the 39 bracket but not appointment yet, all my friends from 37-39 around Dublin either have their jab or have appointment for the coming days (none at city west), might ring the HSE

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

brianc27 wrote: »
    Anyone aware of delays in city west, I'm in the 39 bracket but not appointment yet, all my friends from 37-39 around Dublin either have their jab or have appointment for the coming days (none at city west), might ring the HSE
    Practically nobody in South-West Dublin under 41 has had been given an appointment yet. There's something fvcky going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

seamus wrote: »
    Practically nobody in South-West Dublin under 41 has had been given an appointment yet. There's something fvcky going on.
    You are probably caught in the AZ second dose rush!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Time to start calling in favours

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Time to start calling in favours

I’d say the backlog they created with AZ second doses is close to being resolved. Things will start moving faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭Stark

brianc27 wrote: »

Yeah Citywest are lagging behind the others. I'm 39 and still waiting. My friend who's 40 got a text yesterday for appointment on Sunday after waiting more than 3 weeks. Really regretting not giving a different Eircode now.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

I'm in that bracket too. Registered as soon as I could for 35-39 but no message yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Claiomh

In the same bracket too. Searched for pharmacies doing Pfizer outside Dublin and managed to get an appointment for next week. Disappointing that Citywest seems to be so far behind other parts of the country.

Which pharmacy did you get an appointment with?

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Stark wrote: »
    Which pharmacy did you get an appointment with?

Whelans in Wicklow - there are a few close to Drogheda and Kilkenny doing them - some even wait listing under 35s too. I searched for it on Facebook on called a few this morning and took the first appointment offered. I asked was a Dublin address a problem in fear of cancellation and was assured it was ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Prunty

Claiomh wrote: »
    Whelans in Wicklow - there are a few close to Drogheda and Kilkenny doing them - some even wait listing under 35s too. I searched for it on Facebook on called a few this morning and took the first appointment offered. I asked was a Dublin address a problem in fear of cancellation and was assured it was ok.

Do you know which ones in Drogheda? Thanks

Prunty wrote: »
    Do you know which ones in Drogheda? Thanks

Tullyallen Pharmacy were advertising in on their Facebook, but there may be more around. Seems sign up was through their own website and picking the pharmacy in Slane or Tullyallen. No idea how quick an appointment will be, but the pharmacy I talked to just said to call and cancel if the HSE one came sooner.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Big Daddy Kane

Had my 1st vaccination today (citywest).

Appointment at 10:30, arrived at 10.20, out by 11am.

All very fast and seems to be run smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,420 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Registered in the 35 bracket last week in Dublin, still haven't heard anything yet... Anyone know the usual time frames

Seeing as they're still working through the 40+ cohort who have been waiting since 2nd June (or the night before), that's a tricky one to answer. Probably about a 3 week wait for an appointment but varies depending on the MVC demographics.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Admldj

1983. Aged 37
    Portlaoise

Text: 30/6/21
    Appointment: 8/7/21
    Centre: midlands hotel
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Vic987

wassie wrote: »
    That's a mighty impressive first post......

...My spideysense is tingling!

What does your spideysense tell you about opening up to travel or indoor dining?

Tullyallen Pharmacy were advertising in on their Facebook, but there may be more around. Seems sign up was through their own website and picking the pharmacy in Slane or Tullyallen. No idea how quick an appointment will be, but the pharmacy I talked to just said to call and cancel if the HSE one came sooner.

Thank you, have contacted both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭BigBirdie

secman wrote: »
    Just curious as what could be more important than getting 2nd AZ jab knowing how vulnerable we 60 to 69 age bracket are to Delta variant ?
    I tried to get mine last week with my wife but supervisor wouldn't give it as i was only 52 days from Ist jab, getting it this Friday :)

Won't get into the reason here other than to say it was unavoidable!

She got just rescheduled for the day before (this Saturday) and so is chuffed!

Vaccine: Second Dose AZ
    Exactly 8 weeks from first dose

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

lenovo1 wrote: »
    I'm getting similar. Spoke to HSE contact number and they told me it was a Google issue and to contact them!

I'm a bit worried as I know people getting appointments but no texts so I would like to check,

Anyone else not able to change their password?

Have you tried using a different browser? Or different computer/phone? It could be some odd extension installed or just an issue with a specific version of the browser. I've had issues before elsewhere where switching from firefox to chrome or vice versa worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Not my update but both parents got texts for their second shot of AZ vaccine. First dose was start of May and second dose will be this weekend. Both in early 60s and over the moon.

One of them has a parent still alive but in a nursing home and will in just over 2 weeks be able to go in properly and visit them.

Advertisement