Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,272 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

ForestFire wrote: »
    Does anyone know what's happen to the Galway race course schedule when the "Galway Races Summer Festival (26th July – 1st August 2021)" gets under way.

I see thy are hoping to allow 5K people to attend per day. Can they accommodate this plus continue the vaccines? Most race days start at 14:30.Can they work up to this time for vaccines?

Are they planning to pause this location for first doses, but many people will be due there second does at this time, will they be rescheduled to another centre?

Haven't heard but I'd be surprised if they paused it, getting people jabbed is more important than a few races.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Acey10

I'd the Helix closed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jaffleywaffley

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Has anyone else had a text asking you to log into the portal before your appointment to give consent? I just got one now, but I'm afraid to do it in case it messes something up for me (I know some people on here had their appointments cancelled).

I've just got that text too. Was following boards advice and not completing (in case of cancellation). But now I'm afraid my appt will be cancelled if I don't complete. Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Nozzer

tickybob wrote: »
    I thought the pharmacies were only doing over 50s? Did they annouce a change to that then? Do you know if they are offering Pfizer or J&J or one of the other vaccines?

This particular one is offering Pfizer. I just saw a photo that someone posted on Twitter of a sign in a pharmacy window in Dooradoyle saying they're offering Pfizer to over 30s ftom Tuesday 6th! It's worth looking up your local pharmacy's Facebook page :)

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭ClaptonBay

whats the story if you lose your card after the first dose? asking for a friend :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I've just got that text too. Was following boards advice and not completing (in case of cancellation). But now I'm afraid my appt will be cancelled if I don't complete. Meh

I consented online and had no problem at all . But it was a bit pointless as they asked the same questions again in the MVC

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭patscott27

kingofburt wrote: »
    I had to phone 6 days in a row, starting 4 days before my 4 weeks were up. Got told on Sunday I was escalated and now have a date for July 1st. Infuriating having to fight to get a vaccine when my appointment was clearly missed by the HSE's automated system, 38 year olds in my area are getting vaccinated before me (40). Keep calling HSE Live and complain, seems to be the only thing that works[/QUOTE I kept ringing them for over a week. Got a phone call 4 hours before. I wasn't on system. An add on is the term they used. Had to quote persons name who rang me at door.I am 50. First jab 1st June quite late for that age group. Can't check online either to see if I have appointment. So have to ring everyday now as I don't trust them to text me for 2nd Pfizer jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

ClaptonBay wrote: »
    whats the story if you lose your card after the first dose? asking for a friend :rolleyes:
    Hope you find it you will need it for a pint shortly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Got text today.

40, citywest, Moderna on sunday

Registered the first day I could, think it was Sunday 6th so I was 23 days waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭KBurke85

Age36
    Registered 20th June
    Location South Kildare
    Text received this evening
    Apt Thursday 8th July
    Location Midlands park Portlaoise
    Pfizer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Already exists

Anyone getting vaccinated in Carlow? Waiting since 2nd June and heard nothing yet.

Yeah it's hard to know what to do. I think I'll leave it for now, I doubt they'd cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Yeah it's hard to know what to do. I think I'll leave it for now, I doubt they'd cancel.

My wife checked the portal earlier and it had it her appointment in for this Sunday, she started filling in the online questionnaire and it cancelled her appointment.

She then rang the helpline and within 10 minutes she got her appointment text. Unfortunately she got a cancellation text about 30 minutes ago.

She's annoyed.... Very annoyed....

My wife checked the portal earlier and it had it her appointment in for this Sunday, she started filling in the online questionnaire and it cancelled her appointment.

She then rang the helpline and within 10 minutes she got her appointment text. Unfortunately she got a cancellation text about 30 minutes ago.

Thanks, I'm definitely going to leave it alone now.

That is infuriating for your wife!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭ulster

My arm's killing me.

Thanks, I'm definitely going to leave it alone now.

That is infuriating for your wife!

We left filling in any info on line on our first jab as I had been warned about the possibility of the appointment being cancelled, they ask all the same on the day anyway. Surely they have had enough time now to fix this known bug .

Keep original text and delete the second and say she never got a cancellation and tell her to go ahead to first appointment she got .

• Registered Users Posts: 40 lenovo1

thanks i need a password though and when i go to reset it it just sends me in circles lol :cool:

I'm getting similar. Spoke to HSE contact number and they told me it was a Google issue and to contact them!

I'm a bit worried as I know people getting appointments but no texts so I would like to check,

Anyone else not able to change their password?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Does anyone know what’s going to happen to the MVC at Galway racecourse for the week of the races............it serves a large area . Would be a serious problem if it’s decommissioned for the whole week

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lolabear2020

Age 36
    Registered 23rd June
    Text today vaccine 2nd July
    Fairyhouse vaccine centre
    Pfizer

Delighted to get the text today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Age 36
    Registered 23rd June
    Text today vaccine 2nd July
    Fairyhouse vaccine centre
    Pfizer

Delighted to get the text today!

Delighted for you

Plenty 40 and 39s in Meath not done
    In fact I know no 39s done yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I know this is a very common after affect of getting the jab but since I got it I felt fine, but my arm is really sore now. It’s like I’ve gotten a slap of a Hurley in my arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭bikeman1

My mother is scheduled for the Helix this Sunday.

2nd Dose AstraZeneca
    Age 64
    North Dublin

Good to see the infamous 60 year olds getting their vaccines sorted at long last.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Lolabear2020

Delighted for you

Plenty 40 and 39s in Meath not done
    In fact I know no 39s done yet.

I was surprised to get the text this week to be honest but speaking to family and friends in the area this evening I’m not alone, plenty of 36 to 39 year olds have received texts this week although not all to the local vaccine centre. Hopefully it’s a good sign for Meath after all the delays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

37 and got my first dose of Pfizer today in Ballybrit, Galway. Wife is 36 and she has an appointment for Sunday for first dose of Moderna.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

bikeman1 wrote: »
    My mother is scheduled for the Helix this Sunday.

2nd Dose AstraZeneca
    Age 64
    North Dublin

Good to see the infamous 60 year olds getting their vaccines sorted at long last.

Yeah my father 65 got his second AZ in Greystones today. Small queue but in and out in around 45 minutes, plenty of activity around the place

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

Akabusi wrote: »
    Got my Pfizer vaccine through my GP earlier, absolutely delighted, I had only rang them yesterday to check if they were doing vaccines. Also just checked the portal and it is still the same - "awaiting appointment 1". My advice for anyone waiting a number of weeks would be to try your GP.

Mine updated while doing the 15 min recovery wait in gp surgery. I guess the gp forgot to update it. Showing awaiting appointment 2 for me now even tho gp has given me the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Does anyone know if the Helix is busy in the evenings - after 5:30pm?

Does traffic be bad around then coming from Clonee?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭BigBirdie

Anyone getting vaccinated in Carlow? Waiting since 2nd June and heard nothing yet.

My mum, 60-64 bracket, got a txt to get her second AZ in Carlow on Sunday, 8 weeks and 1 day after the first. She has to postpone unfortunately so hopefully won't be too long waiting for new appt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tcif

2nd shot appointment:

1st apt: May 31st
    2nd apt: July 3rd (notified by text yesterday)
    MVC: Punchestown
    Vaccine: Pfizer

Advertisement