Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Wimbledon 2021 Monday, June 28 - Sunday, July 11 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Echo .....

...echo.....

..echo...

gmisk wrote: »
    19yo Jack draper has just taken the first set against Novak Djokovic...

That was Djokovic's warm up.

Like honestly.

He didn't display a modicum of trepidation.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,703 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Wow looks like Djokovic is on the way out, big upset on day 1 !!!
    Ah well it was fun while it lasted lol

One to watch for me will be Berretini...he was so good at queens

• Advertisement

Whats up with Djokovic's eye ?
    ...he has a wandering eye...seemingly...

gmisk wrote: »
    Ah well it was fun while it lasted lol

One to watch for me will be Berretini... he was so good at queens

Berretini is more than one to watch at this stage - he's probably favourite to make the final given the draw on his side.

Tiafoe is one to watch!!

He'll serve for 2-0 v Tsitsipas ...

Tiafoe is one to watch!!

He'll serve for 2-0 v Tsitsipas ...

Tsipsitpas had no comp prep for grass this year with the time off for his grandmother's death after RG and never really showed grass form heretofore

And no grass last year either obv

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

BBC iPlayer is rubbish. Big step down coming from Eurosport player.

• Advertisement

Rob2D wrote: »
    BBC iPlayer is rubbish. Big step down coming from Eurosport player.
    It's a shame it's not on Amazon prime...there coverage of queen's and Eastbourne was very smooth surprisingly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,432 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Tiafoe is the forgotten one of the next gen. Not really surprised by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,546 ✭✭✭✭josip

3rd seed gone, exciting times from Day 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Tsitsipas out in straight sets...........yikes

Tiafoe is no slouch to be fair to him though, that was a tough 1st round draw. I think Struff will be a handful for Medvedev too. Didnt see the Djokovic match but 1st round matches can always be a bit strange especially when an unknown player comes out with nothing to lose. Sounds like a pretty comfortable win though after the 1st set heroics.

Muguruza wins 6-0 6-1 in 50 minutes, womens tennis is a shambles. How often do you see these womens matches over in less than an hour, farcical

• Registered Users Posts: 8,932 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I reckon that'll be the last set Djokovic drops here til at least the final.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Tsitsipas out in straight sets...........yikes

Tiafoe is no slouch to be fair to him though, that was a tough 1st round draw. I think Struff will be a handful for Medvedev too. Didnt see the Djokovic match but 1st round matches can always be a bit strange especially when an unknown player comes out with nothing to lose. Sounds like a pretty comfortable win though after the 1st set heroics.

Muguruza wins 6-0 6-1 in 50 minutes, womens tennis is a shambles. How often do you see these womens matches over in less than an hour, farcical

Muguruza was playing Fiona Ferro.. she should be winning that match 60 61 in 50 minutes :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭klr87

Muguruza was playing Fiona Ferro.. she should be winning that match 60 61 in 50 minutes :confused:
    Ferro on clay is a very solid opponent, on grass ... let's not go there.

Kvitova needs to break Stephens to stay in the match.

Tsitsipas losing to Tiafoe is an unsurprising "shock".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Augme

Great first set win by Murray. Delighted for him. Would be great if he won this match, he deserves it.

Since Kvitova won her second Wimbledon title in 2014, it's comfortably been her worst slam, both in terms of best performance, and overall W/L ratio.

Swiatek has made it past Hsieh 6-4, 6-4. Banana skin avoided.

Murray takes the first set, coverage having switched to BBC1 'cos it's obviously of national importance ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

One positive from Covid, is the towels after every point. Nadal was the worst culprit.

• Advertisement

I went out for a short stroll at 4-3* to Murray in the 2nd, and suddenly he's serving for the match at 5-0 in the 3rd (... and gets broken).

I see Opelka is out, losing in straights to Koepfer.

Some men's matches won't get played until tomorrow. Bad luck for them, but no big names involved (quelle surprise!)

Augme wrote: »
    Great first set win by Murray. Delighted for him. Would be great if he won this match, he deserves it.

+1000 plus with the above and I wouldn't be Andy's biggest fan. Just amazing to see him back on the court and for the moment looks in pretty good shape, after what the man has been through.

Imagine the hype train in the UK and the BBC in particular, if Murray makes it to the second week and England are still in the euros!!

Augme wrote: »
    Big time, serving for the match now....but broke!
    It is a serious achievement to get back playing at such a high level after that op.

But I will say....Andrew Castle is wrecking my fecking head on commentary... jingoistic nonsense

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    One positive from Covid, is the towels after every point. Nadal was the worst culprit.
    They still have them no?
    Murray is using one after basically every point

Some turn around from Basilashvili. If he wins this set he should be favourite. Murray looks to be struggling physically.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

One drop shot too many there, basilashvili was waiting for them. 5 sets written all over it now.

Murray looks dead on his feet alas

This is painful to watch, and it could get worse still.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,221 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Sit down Judy, you're not going anywhere for a while yet.

• Advertisement

A break for closing the roof, Murray badly needs that.

Advertisement