Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

Hopefully that's the case!

To the person who said AZ, mixing of vaccines is not allowed (as of yet!)
    Tbh, I'd sooner get J&J and just have it over with!

It is the case.

I think MM is just making the point that the MRNA supplies won't be picking up any further and we're sitting on AZ and J&J doses that we can't use. That's why they're asking NIAC to review the age restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭KBurke85

Just something i heard on the news just now, MM said that there will be no additional supplies of MRNA doses for Ireland for July.
    All us 40 somethings who just got our texts will be due our 2nd does in 4 weeks time
    Now i know they talk about their "buffer" all the time, but i wonder what happens if they don't actually have enough for dose 2's!!!

TBH he probably means no additional supplies other than what is contracted and confirmed to be delivered in July not that there will be no supplies of MRNA does in July

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Just something i heard on the news just now, MM said that there will be no additional supplies of MRNA doses for Ireland for July.
    All us 40 somethings who just got our texts will be due our 2nd does in 4 weeks time
    Now i know they talk about their "buffer" all the time, but i wonder what happens if they don't actually have enough for dose 2's!!!

We have 600,000+ Pfizer in stock right now, and will be getting about 1 million more between now and end of July. You'll probably be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Has anyone been rang with an appointment off a mobile number and not received a text?

I got one yesterday offering me my 2nd dose in Cork City Hall tomorrow and thought I'd get a text today with it confirming but had nothing. I just rang HSELive and they had nothing on their system either for me having an appointment.

Anyone else gotten similar, as I'm not sure if it's some weird scam or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Flying Fox wrote: »
    It is the case.

I think MM is just making the point that the MRNA supplies won't be picking up any further and we're sitting on AZ and J&J doses that we can't use. That's why they're asking NIAC to review the age restrictions.

Yeah, the clue was in the word "additional". I'd hate to be a politician :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

First vaccination done and dusted. Found it very swift with getting people in and out. Cillin Hill in Kilkenny is where I had it done.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭lisabiscuit

Just got my text!

Registered Monday
    Appointment on Monday 28th
    Galway Racecourse
    Pfizer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Qrt

Appointment: Earlier today, GP had spares :)
    Vaccine: Pfizer/BioNTech

Absolutely over the moon. Been working in a shop non stop since this sh*te began so great to have some reassurance now. Just wish I got a badge.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭buzsywuzsy

titan18 wrote: »
    Has anyone been rang with an appointment off a mobile number and not received a text?

I got one yesterday offering me my 2nd dose in Cork City Hall tomorrow and thought I'd get a text today with it confirming but had nothing. I just rang HSELive and they had nothing on their system either for me having an appointment.

Anyone else gotten similar, as I'm not sure if it's some weird scam or not.

Yes I was from an 086 in the MVC and no text received for my first. Had been Referred through hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

buzsywuzsy wrote: »
    Yes I was from an 086 in the MVC and no text received for my first. Had been Referred through hospital.

Ya, I'm similar with referred to GP and an 086 number. Got a text with first appointment but nothing on second and not on the HSE system apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭paulpd

paulpd wrote: »
    Had 1st dose phfizer on 29th May in the Aviva.
    Got text tonight re second dose 28th June in The Aviva. However due to work commitments and childcare too I had to request a new date by replying New to the text.
    The reply said they'll be in touch in the "coming weeks" with a new date.
    I thought I'd be given a date within days of the 28th? Or will it really be weeks before I'm given a new date?
    Im 48.

Just got a text to confirm new date for next Wed at 8.55am in the Avivia.

Work colleague got a text for Galway on Monday 28th. Pfizer. He's 38.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pedrozeno

Just refreshed the portal, and there it is! :D

Text Received: No text yet

Vaccination Date: 30th June, Aviva(Pfizer-BioNTech)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

pedrozeno wrote: »
    Just refreshed the portal, and there it is! :D

Text Received: No text yet

Vaccination Date: 30th June, Aviva(Pfizer-BioNTech)
    Which portal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

paulpd wrote: »
    Just got a text to confirm new date for next Wed at 8.55am in the Avivia.

That's good to hear, I got a time for my second that I can't make. Wonder does it matter how you request a new one, text, helpline or the portal? Shouldn't matter I guess. I rejected mine in the portal before the text came (text still came after). Don't want to text back in case they double book.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tri Oidhcheannan Eile

Date: 30th May
    Vaccine: Pfizer/BioNTech

For completeness and as an indication of the HSE's "four week gap" for Pfizer/BioNTech, I just got the second text: the appointment for my second jab is on Tuesday 29th June, back at Croker, so 30 days all told.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Anyone in early 40s getting Citywest or Punchestown appointment texts today for next week?
    I got a text yesterday evening, it was about 2 hours after I had noticed the appointment on the portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Cupra280

My partner had their 2nd dose on Pfizer in Helix on Tuesday (age 56). Text was received the previous Thursday. So, 5 days notice.

A friend on mine in Beaumont (41, turned 41 the day before 41 year olds could register!), so register on the day, and also had their first dose on Tuesday in the Helix. Also 5 days notice by text.

My 28 days in tomorrow. Still Awaiting Appointment 2 on the portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭terrarev

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Work colleague got a text for Galway on Monday 28th. Pfizer. He's 38.

I'm not your work colleague but I fall into same category. Same age, location and date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭paulpd

Speak Now wrote: »
    That's good to hear, I got a time for my second that I can't make. Wonder does it matter how you request a new one, text, helpline or the portal? Shouldn't matter I guess. I rejected mine in the portal before the text came (text still came after). Don't want to text back in case they double book.

Not sure. I just did it via text and I got the new text today, less than 24 hours later, confirming change from Monday to Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Yourmama wrote: »
    I registered with shortened version of my first name (foreign). I'm just thinking it was bad idea and should have typed exactly as it is in my ID. Anyone made the same mistake and knows how to rectify?

You can change your name as per your passport in the vaccination centre itself. Just tell them about the concern. I did the same too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

Registered Sunday 20th
    Received Text: 25th June
    Appointment: 30th June
    Vaccine: MRNA

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Anyone in Dublin, under 40, got an appointment? There's definitely people in their 40s still waiting so it seems a capacity increase in Dublin would be a good thing as I can't see the demographics allowing any catch up and there is a renewed impetus on getting vaccinations.

40, South Dublin. Appointment next Wednesday for first dose.

I did not receive a text. People should check the website daily.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,446 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

40, South Dublin. Appointment next Wednesday for first dose.

I did not receive a text. People should check the website daily hourly.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Cb12345

Cupra280 wrote: »
    My 28 days in tomorrow. Still Awaiting Appointment 2 on the portal.

Same for me 1972 d.o.b. 1st dose Sat May 29 nothing on portal as yet.
    On plus side someone said they have a cousin with 1st dose on 29th May in Helix and were scheduled for 2nd on June 27th. So we're getting there(I hope).

Cb12345 wrote: »
    Same for me 1972 d.o.b. 1st dose Sat May 29 nothing on portal as yet.
    On plus side someone said they have a cousin with 1st dose on 29th May in Helix and were scheduled for 2nd on June 27th. So we're getting there(I hope).

That was me, her DOB is late 1971 so you can't be too far behind!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I cannot believe it’s my turn!

Registered 01st June
    Received Text: 25th
    Appointment: 28th
    Vaccine: Pfizer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Registered for vaccine on 21/06 through HSE.

Got text message 3 days later, 1st dose of Pfizer booked for 28/06.

Advertisement