Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Brian CivilEng

Appointment: Tuesday 29th of June
    Helix
    Pfizer

Delighted to get the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

My OH, 40 just rang the helpline as she's still waiting (north Kildare). They said tomorrow is 21 days, which she knew but they are also saying that they've added 5 days to everyones 3 week wait window. It is what it is.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Text received: 26th June (today)
    1st Dose: 29th June
    Venue: Helix
    Vaccine type: BioNtech-Pfizer

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Text received: 26th June (today)
    1st Dose: 29th June
    Venue: Helix
    Vaccine type: BioNtech-Pfizer

Exactly the same for me today

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Poster321

Age 38 (1982)
    Registered 20 June
    No text but checked portal 26 June
    Appointment date 30 June
    Helix Pfizer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 ray7777

ceegee wrote: »
    If they finished all of each cohort before moving on to the next one you wouldn't even be registered by now, let alone waiting for an appointment.

We're not talking about registering, referring to vaccinating. You can see in this forum people in 30s around Dublin already getting appointments. For those in 40s still waiting weeks it's difficult to understand this. If you go by age cohort then complete that group first. Wasn't that the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Second dose 3rd july
    Galway racecourse
    Moderna
    Age 46

28 days from first dose.

ray7777 wrote: »
    We're not talking about registering, referring to vaccinating. You can see in this forum people in 30s around Dublin already getting appointments. For those in 40s still waiting weeks it's difficult to understand this. If you go by age cohort then complete that group first. Wasn't that the point?

Do you think it's feasible for every vaccine centre to start the exact same age group on the exact same day? In spite of local demographics, capacity and supply? Trying to do that would slow down the rollout even further.

I'm in west Dublin where Citywest has slowed right down compared to other centres (for first doses at least). It's slightly frustrating but doesn't make that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things, we'll get our turn before long.

Do you think the Helix should close for a day or two to let Citywest catch up? It sounds like that's what you're suggesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Nothing for me. 40, Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ray7777

Flying Fox wrote: »
    Do you think it's feasible for every vaccine centre to start the exact same age group on the exact same day? In spite of local demographics, capacity and supply? Trying to do that would slow down the rollout even further.

I'm in west Dublin where Citywest has slowed right down compared to other centres (for first doses at least). It's slightly frustrating but doesn't make that much of a difference in the grand scheme of things, we'll get our turn before long.

Do you think the Helix should close for a day or two to let Citywest catch up? It sounds like that's what you're suggesting.[/quo

Who said closing? I'm referring to allocating those waiting to another MVC as has been done for some. I haven't seen any info stating Dublin MVC are all strict unique separate entities. If you can vaccinate someone from Kildare at Citywest you can vaccinate west Dublin at Helix etc, especially as you say if one becomes a bottleneck. Grand scheme of course we will all get it but that wasn't the point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Anyone get an appointment for citywest next week for 1st dose have to change their day and get a new appointment quickly?
    Or do you think I could go out a few hours earlier and get it without changing the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

ray7777 wrote: »
    Flying Fox wrote: »

Do you think the Helix should close for a day or two to let Citywest catch up? It sounds like that's what you're suggesting.[/quo

Who said closing? I'm referring to allocating those waiting to another MVC as has been done for some. I haven't seen any info stating Dublin MVC are all strict unique separate entities. If you can vaccinate someone from Kildare at Citywest you can vaccinate west Dublin at Helix etc, especially as you say if one becomes a bottleneck. Grand scheme of course we will all get it but that wasn't the point.

Doesn't work out that simply. Some folks don't have transport and also in places with one center (like Galway) where would you send them? Athlone?
    It's a really complex issue unfortunately.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Anyone get an appointment for citywest next week for 1st dose have to change their day and get a new appointment quickly?
    Or do you think I could go out a few hours earlier and get it without changing the day?

The recurring advice on here is to show up earlier and you will not be turned away.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

spockety wrote: »
    The recurring advice on here is to show up earlier and you will not be turned away.

I may head out at lunch time and hope for the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    Nothing for me. 40, Dublin

It should come soon. reports of new appointments for first doses had been very scarce in Dublin following the decision to bring forward AZ second doses, but clearly it has started to move again in the past 2 or 3 days. The must have mostly covered their backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,265 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Age 46

July 3rd Ballybrit second dose Moderna.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭HeyV

Age 46

July 3rd Ballybrit second dose Moderna.

Same age and same appointment day for Ballybritt, exactly 4 weeks since my first dose. Got text at 1.20pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,265 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

HeyV wrote: »
    Same age and same appointment day for Ballybritt, exactly 4 weeks since my first dose. Got text at 1.20pm today.

Yeah was well impressed to get the text a week before the appointment and exactly a month after the first jab.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭lostweekend3

Any 35-39 year olds who registered last week get a text yet? Hoping I get it in the next few days. Is it 4 days notice you get before the day of the jab?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Any 35-39 year olds who registered last week get a text yet? Hoping I get it in the next few days. Is it 4 days notice you get before the day of the jab?
    Plenty I'd say depending on where in country.

Registered last Saturday, text on Tuesday, first shot this morning (Sligo).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭lostweekend3

Basq wrote: »
    Plenty I'd say depending on where in country.

Registered last Saturday, text on Tuesday, first shot this morning (Sligo).

I’m in Dublin so imagine it might take that bit longer. Hope I’m wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Registered 20th June
    Received notice yesterday for 30th but would be unable to make it so requested reschedule.
    Reschedule received today for the 28th.
    Dublin, Croke Park

Quite surprised about the quick turnaround given how slow Croke park has been for the 40 year old group.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

Other half 42 based in Dundalk had jab in Dublin Helix today at 3.15, I'm 40 registered 26 days now and asked if there was a chance of getting done today. Told that any spare vaccines are given out after the last shot at 19:05 so we waited around got food etc and went back to helix at 18:30.

There was about 25 to 30 people waiting for spares and staff said that after last shot at 19:05 they'd come out and let people know if there was spare, the markee didn't clear till about 19:35 and a while later security just closed the main entrance doors. Bit by bit staff were going home including security and one of the registration staff we recognised, one of the guys also waiting went in through the exit at 20:15 and asked what was happening and all vacinators were gone home.

Would have been good for some of security staff not to at least come out when the registration staff are gone home and say no hope guys

Was I just unlucky today or is there some days when a bunch of people without app get vaccinated at end of day?

It was kinda stupidity on my part not to leave then there was still a pretty full markee at 7pm as staff obviously had a hectic day and want to get home and I'm sure taking an extra 25 ppl in wud be cruel to them if they were delayed past planned working time.

Wouldn't recommend waiting around to anyone as even if they had 10 spare for example there is no queue system for people waiting so no idea how they wud decide who got picked, was curious to see how that would work.

Also not sure if true but heard that one of staff said all app from 3 to 7 today were people from louth.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭JPup

No offence but you only needed to scroll back one page to see several 30 somethings from Dublin who’ve gotten an appointment for the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Aquals

I’m in that age category and got 7 days notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Mgit wrote: »
    Other half 42 based in Dundalk had jab in Dublin Helix today at 3.15, I'm 40 registered 26 days now and asked if there was a chance of getting done today. Told that any spare vaccines are given out after the last shot at 19:05 so we waited around got food etc and went back to helix at 18:30.

There was about 25 to 30 people waiting for spares and staff said that after last shot at 19:05 they'd come out and let people know if there was spare, the markee didn't clear till about 19:35 and a while later security just closed the main entrance doors. Bit by bit staff were going home including security and one of the registration staff we recognised, one of the guys also waiting went in through the exit at 20:15 and asked what was happening and all vacinators were gone home.

Would have been good for some of security staff not to at least come out when the registration staff are gone home and say no hope guys

Was I just unlucky today or is there some days when a bunch of people without app get vaccinated at end of day?

It was kinda stupidity on my part not to leave then there was still a pretty full markee at 7pm as staff obviously had a hectic day and want to get home and I'm sure taking an extra 25 ppl in wud be cruel to them if they were delayed past planned working time.

Wouldn't recommend waiting around to anyone as even if they had 10 spare for example there is no queue system for people waiting so no idea how they wud decide who got picked, was curious to see how that would work.

Also not sure if true but heard that one of staff said all app from 3 to 7 today were people from louth.

It’s a roll of the dice, I know someone who got sorted there one night but they had tried 7 times before.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    It’s a roll of the dice, I know someone who got sorted there one night but they had tried 7 times before.

That makes me feel better. What age arw they? Not a hope that I'd try a second time never mind 7 ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Does anyone know if its possible to go a few hours earlier? I got an appointment for Tuesday in the midlands and agreed to take an elderly relative for a hospital appointment Wednesday afternoon(in Donegal) but they cancelled my Tuesday appointment, now i have one for 14:40 on Wednesday which makes it impossible to keep my committment of my relatives appointment.

What time do the vaccination centres open at?

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Mgit wrote: »

Sorry you didn't get sorted and didn't get a heads up that you were queuing for nothing. I do think you need to see it from staff point of view and I can tell you are aware, don't take this as a knock. It's Saturday night. They've probably been full on for weeks at this. Very little variation in the job, very repetitive. After hundreds of thousands of people I'd say they don't have enough gra to consider 25 people after a day's work. I think that's fair enough. Also if they looked after you guys tonight, 25 people tell 100 people, it turns into a mess very quickly. I hope you get sorted soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭justwhatithink

I have an appt for 3.15pm in City West on Tuesday. Unfortunately my husbands uncle passed away today and the funeral is in Waterford on Tuesday. We have a young baby and I don't have anyone else to leave her with.
    Does anyone with any knowledge/experience think if I turned up first thing on Tuesday morning at City West and explained my situation, would they accommodate me and let me in early to get my jab so I can then get home to baby and let my husband go to the funeral...?

Advertisement