Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,457 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Yourmama wrote: »
    I registered with shortened version of my first name (foreign). I'm just thinking it was bad idea and should have typed exactly as it is in my ID. Anyone made the same mistake and knows how to rectify?

If you haven't had the vaccine you can likely fix this when you register at the vaccine centre on the day. Bring along a passport etc which you want your registration to correspond with.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭paulpd

Had 1st dose phfizer on 29th May in the Aviva.
    Got text tonight re second dose 28th June in The Aviva. However due to work commitments and childcare too I had to request a new date by replying New to the text.
    The reply said they'll be in touch in the "coming weeks" with a new date.
    I thought I'd be given a date within days of the 28th? Or will it really be weeks before I'm given a new date?
    Im 48.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 salty_porridge

A bit of an odd question. I got a vaccination appointment text two weeks ago for a named person twenty years older than me at the other end of the country. Didn’t like to think they’d miss out so I called the HSE & gave them the booking details - they said they would look after it, wrong phone number on file. Yesterday got another text for the same person with rebooked appt details. Not sure what to do this time, any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭JPup

paulpd wrote: »
    Had 1st dose phfizer on 29th May in the Aviva.
    Got text tonight re second dose 28th June in The Aviva. However due to work commitments and childcare too I had to request a new date by replying New to the text.
    The reply said they'll be in touch in the "coming weeks" with a new date.
    I thought I'd be given a date within days of the 28th? Or will it really be weeks before I'm given a new date?
    Im 48.

Peoples experiences here have varied. Some got new appointments almost straight away. Chances are it shouldn’t take too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

A bit of an odd question. I got a vaccination appointment text two weeks ago for a named person twenty years older than me at the other end of the country. Didn’t like to think they’d miss out so I called the HSE & gave them the booking details - they said they would look after it, wrong phone number on file. Yesterday got another text for the same person with rebooked appt details. Not sure what to do this time, any advice?

You'll need to call the hse centre again. Great to see the goodness in people, hoping everyone would do what you did in this situation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭terminator74

Reg: 20/05
    Text: none yet (checked portal)
    Apt: 1/06
    MVC: Aviva
    Vaccine: Pfizer

Vaccination 2
    Reg: 20/05
    Text: 24/06
    Apt: 28/06

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

bish76 wrote: »
    I think it's been discussed already - as long as you go on the same day, they don't strictly follow the time slot. So you could go few hours early.
    I'd just go earlier. A colleague of mine went on time and the person beside them was 6 hours early for their appointment. They both left at the same time, vaccinated, not a word said.

Thank you both for this.

What time do vaccination centres usually open? If I was able to be there when they open I figure I will be easier for all concerned.

Thank you both for this.

What time do vaccination centres usually open? If I was able to be there when they open I figure I will be easier for all concerned.

8am mostly, some 8.30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dubmel

8am mostly, some 8.30am.

I was told by staff that the doors at the Aviva open at 8am, they have a briefing for 15-20 minutes and start vaccinating then.

I wanted to get vaccinated the day before my appointment, I was advised to arrive at 8.30 and told I would get it done. I ended up arriving at 9am, and they let me through. It was very quiet
    (Worth checking what vaccine they are doing that day - no point going if it's an AZ day for example)

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lumpy.Monkey

atgate wrote: »
    Text received: 18th June
    Appointment: 25th June (31 days after first dose)

Anyone know what time the Aviva begin their first clinic at? I'm scheduled in the afternoon but hoping they can take me earlier..

I was told it varies each day, depending on the amount of people being called, which is dependent on many factors. My day it started at 08:30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

A family member, who was already vaccinated by a consultant and never registered on the portal, got a text appointment from HSE a few weeks ago and rang to explain he didn't need the vaccine. Few days later he got another text appointment, rang and explained again. Yesterday another appointment text arrived. Not sure what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

dubmel wrote: »
    I was told by staff that the doors at the Aviva open at 8am, they have a briefing for 15-20 minutes and start vaccinating then.

I wanted to get vaccinated the day before my appointment, I was advised to arrive at 8.30 and told I would get it done. I ended up arriving at 9am, and they let me through. It was very quiet
    (Worth checking what vaccine they are doing that day - no point going if it's an AZ day for example)

Did someone on the HSE helpline tell you to go the day before?

How did you find out which vaccine they were doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,360 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Text Received: 16th June

Vaccination Date: 26th June, Portlaoise (Pfizer-BioNTech)

This got cancelled. Received a text yesterday. No new date received yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭smallgarden

This got cancelled. Received a text yesterday. No new date received yet

I think they've cancelled a lot(if not all) of scheduled vaccines for today and tomorrow in Portlaoise. I wonder if they swapped to AZ days to get through the over 60s quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,360 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I think they've cancelled a lot(if not all) of scheduled vaccines for today and tomorrow in Portlaoise. I wonder if they swapped to AZ days to get through the over 60s quicker

Maybe so. I rang the helpline to make sure it was a legit text and not one of the many many scams going around (I'm looking at you Dept. of Social Protection). Yer man on the phone says it was legit and it really is cancelled. Didn't say why but most likely a scheduling error or lack of Pfizer available.

No problem with them cancelling it. Another appointment will come along. All the better if they are doling out the AZ sooner for the 2nd dose crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭heraldo

Anyone know what flavour they're doing in Croke Park at the minute or for next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dubmel

I went to the centre a few days earlier and asked the member of staff at the entrance (both how to get vaccinated earlier and what vaccines were on which days)

Did someone on the HSE helpline tell you to go the day before?

How did you find out which vaccine they were doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tony H

I'm 60 and got my appointment for my second AZ vaccine next Friday exactly 8 weeks after the first in City Hall Cork .

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jimosterberg

Anyone in early 40s getting Citywest or Punchestown appointment texts today for next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Text received: 24 June
    Appointment: 27 June
    MVC: AIT Athlone
    Vaccine: Moderna

Pleasantly surprised at how quick the appointment came about.

Just hoping now that my parents in their early 60s get their second jab of AZ fairly soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Anyone in early 40s getting Citywest or Punchestown appointment texts today for next week?

Got on yesterday for citywest Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Haven't seen anyone post on this today, but lots of people in their early 40s got texts yesterday afternoon for appointments in citywest and Aviva next week, myself included.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

First Vax
    July 1st
    Pairc Ui Chaoimh

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭jimosterberg

Haven't seen anyone post on this today, but lots of people in their early 40s got texts yesterday afternoon for appointments in citywest and Aviva next week, myself included.

Yeah I imagine some texts could be sent out later for 41 and 40 year olds. Very quiet on here today!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,959 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

billyhead wrote: »
    Aged 40. Living in North County Dublin. Registered on 6th . Haven't heard a dickybird yet.

Ring back

Just something i heard on the news just now, MM said that there will be no additional supplies of MRNA doses for Ireland for July.
    All us 40 somethings who just got our texts will be due our 2nd does in 4 weeks time
    Now i know they talk about their "buffer" all the time, but i wonder what happens if they don't actually have enough for dose 2's!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

Just something i heard on the news just now, MM said that there will be no additional supplies of MRNA doses for Ireland for July.
    All us 40 somethings who just got our texts will be due our 2nd does in 4 weeks time
    Now i know they talk about their "buffer" all the time, but i wonder what happens if they don't actually have enough for dose 2's!!!

If MM knows it, you can be sure the people allocating doses will know it too. They’re tearing through the mid-30s in cork, it would be madness to be doing so if they didn’t have visibility on sufficient round two stocks for next month.

I’m no fan of a lot of things around the pandemic handling, but they’ve done a fairly solid job of ensuring people get a shot in the arm when they’re supposed to.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Most likely the 2nd dose will be a shot of AstraZeneca... Thats what their asking NIAC to approve anyway!!!

It just means there won't be anything additional to what was already ordered, don't panic. The second doses are already planned.

Up to now there have been times where Pfizer has managed to go above it's original order numbers, so we got extra doses. That's not happening in July.

• Advertisement

Flying Fox wrote: »
    It just means there won't be anything additional to what was already ordered, don't panic. The second doses are already planned.

Up to now there have been times where Pfizer has managed to go above it's original order numbers, so we got extra doses. That's not happening in July.

Hopefully that's the case!

To the person who said AZ, mixing of vaccines is not allowed (as of yet!)
    Tbh, I'd sooner get J&J and just have it over with!

Advertisement