Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clerical Officer 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Marksman73 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t worry too much as that is standard wording they use all the time. Do you mind me asking what county and place where you? Are you on the Dublin panel and batch and number? My partner is on the Dublin panel batch 24 106 so just trying to see where pas is now.

OK grand I was in the wexford panel so wouldn't be any use for you. But emailed them awhile back and they told me how many people ahead of me while waiting for offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

Does it look likely that a return to the office is
    on the cards for July/ August? have hoped it would be later! Just confused as Covid return to work training being rolled out. Hoping for some days remote. Is this likely or could it be a 4 day week?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 imagusaran

abbeybella wrote: »
    on the cards for July/ August? have hoped it would be later! Just confused as Covid return to work training being rolled out. Hoping for some days remote. Is this likely or could it be a 4 day week?

I'm in the Department of the Taoiseach and for now, they are saying we will be in the office from September with the possibility of a mix of working in the office and working from home. Not sure if the same overall policy will apply to all departments/civil service

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭maggie magoo

Hi, i had zoom interview recently for Temporary Clerical Officer in hospital & got a letter saying I have been placed on panel. I sent back the forms for garda vetting / medical / references. Does this normally take long to get a place would anyone have any idea? Also i worked as a CO grade 4 for 5 years (15 years ago) and was on LSI1 on that scale. Any idea what point I'd start at on the CO (grade 3)? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Good luck Lady

Does anyone know when the CO 2020 competition panel will be closing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Angela64

Does anyone know when the CO 2020 competition panel will be closing?

I emailed PAS at the end of May and they said there wasn't an end date set yet.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Elzbellz

Hello, I have my interview for CO perm 2020 next week, i am working as a TCO atm, do i need to use AL to do interview? Also, my preparation is to have two examples for each competency and know about data protection/excel. Would I be on the right track with that as a plan?
    Thank and regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Koolkat1

Hi All,

Does any one know what happen after you are put on a panel for Dublin i am in batch 25 and not sure how that works or how many are in each batch before me ?

Garda vetting is next so keep an eye on your email. Please let me know when they get to you

• Advertisement

I can't answer re the AL. I'd recent zoom interview for TCO and they asked about current important protocols. I wasn't really prepared for that and just mentioned GDPR and Covid practice. They didn't go into it but i guess if I'd answered in more depth my scoresheet might have reflected that. Did you have to wait long to be called as a TCO and or the position you are going for as CO was that on foot of working as TCO? Thanks and best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Madra Maith

Elzbellz wrote: »
    Hello, I have my interview for CO perm 2020 next week, i am working as a TCO atm, do i need to use AL to do interview? Also, my preparation is to have two examples for each competency and know about data protection/excel. Would I be on the right track with that as a plan?
    Thank and regards.

No , you don' have to use AL. It's covered under Special leave.
    Just tell your line manager and they'll tell you what to do.

Just received my interview results. Placed OOM 19 in Batch 20 for Dublin. So happy that I passed. Fingers crossed I get placed.

Hi hOPE YOU DONT MIND ME ASKING HAVE YOU BEEN PLACED YET AS I AM ON dUBLIN PANEL ALSO AND UNSURE HOW LONG I BE WAITING

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭SB1982

I’m a perm CO and there is no whisper of when we will return to the office. We have been told that it’s “too early to tell” and that it’s being driven by public health guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiafleur

It depends on the department. I’m in DSP and on the office 5 days per week as I’m training. Most of the other employees are in the office 4-5 days per week as well

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ballyman23

Hey has anyone been called from the Cork panel lately and if so what number were you on OOM? I emailed them over the last two weeks twice and was told 253 called off OOM in the 1st email and in the 2nd 175 so was just looking to see if anyone had been called lately to know which is correct.
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Elibelly

Hi everyone, I just got my results for an interview I had and passed. Im just wondering what is the story if I have holidays booked for august. Would it be a problem if i got offered a position and would I need to let them know before i accept?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Cill_Dara20

Hi, is there any update on what batch they are currently filling vacancies for Kildare? Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Pixieblue

Hi, would anyone have an update for Limerick? What batch are they currently filling vacancies from and what OOM are they on. Thanks.

Any one know were Dublin list is at now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Elibelly wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I just got my results for an interview I had and passed. Im just wondering what is the story if I have holidays booked for august. Would it be a problem if i got offered a position and would I need to let them know before i accept?

It'll be no issue but you might end up deferring your start date rather than starting and going on holiday at this point. Only issues crop up in departments which have intakes such as call taker for AGS or possibly revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Moomooland

Ballyman23 wrote: »
    Hey has anyone been called from the Cork panel lately and if so what number were you on OOM? I emailed them over the last two weeks twice and was told 253 called off OOM in the 1st email and in the 2nd 175 so was just looking to see if anyone had been called lately to know which is correct.
    Thanks in advance

When I emailed them mid May they were on 144 OOM, I might email tomorrow. Will keep you posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ballyman23

Moomooland wrote: »
    When I emailed them mid May they were on 144 OOM, I might email tomorrow. Will keep you posted.

That’s would be great thanks for that very much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 10 thekingofpop

Any update on Oom no for Meath please

• Registered Users Posts: 7 maneeen

heya!

ive had my stage 2 dublin interview and got a oom above 10, do you know if the batch number means when your going to be called (im 25) so would a batch 20 person be chosen first? im very new to all this!

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Exactly, and the increment date in future would tally eith this combined service date

Hi Vologda69, just read some of your replies about increments and starting salaries. Just wondering if you can help with my query? I have about 5 years service as a Grade 4 CO about 15 years ago. After a break bringing up kids I'm now trying to get back working & got on to a panel for TCO. I know this is the equivalent of a Grade 3 but was trying to get an idea of where I'd start on that salary. I was on LS1 on the Grade 4 (15 years ago). Thanks & hope you're getting on well with your job!

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Hi Vologda69, just read some of your replies about increments and starting salaries. Just wondering if you can help with my query? I have about 5 years service as a Grade 4 CO about 15 years ago. After a break bringing up kids I'm now trying to get back working & got on to a panel for TCO. I know this is the equivalent of a Grade 3 but was trying to get an idea of where I'd start on that salary. I was on LS1 on the Grade 4 (15 years ago). Thanks & hope you're getting on well with your job!

Usually the grade would have to be similar (analagous). Public service will sometimes grant incremental credit for admin.experience. Civil service less so. I would suggest getting a letter from your previous HR dept. detailing your period of service and chase it up with the new HR section when appointed. The worst they can say is no. I got incremental credit for a grade V admin experience in an Irish university, when entering HSE as a grade III. The salary they wouldnt match. I was then able to transfer this to the Civil Service. So im near top of the scale now

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭claregal1

Pixieblue wrote: »
    Hi, would anyone have an update for Limerick? What batch are they currently filling vacancies from and what OOM are they on. Thanks.

Hi I'm oom 4 batch 10 and sent of my clearance and vetting yesterday. I was oom 40 before interview. Hope this helps.

Ballyman23 wrote: »
    Thanks in advance

Up to 242 Cork and 185 Limerick. :)

• Advertisement

Pixieblue wrote: »

I emailed them today they are currently on OOM 185 for Limerick. ��

Advertisement