Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dublinfan2020

Vologda69 wrote: »
    My boss is an experienced HEO.

I've been assigned to AGS so just wondering who I'd be answering to

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I've been assigned to AGS so just wondering who I'd be answering to

It varies hugely in AGS but they are beginning to put structures in place. Depending on where you end up it could be as an EO or HEO or Sergeant or above. Quite a few answer to a Superintendent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭1o059k7ewrqj3n

Swalsh92 wrote: »
    Hi I have been given an interview date for next week, I am hoping for some insight into what kind of thing has been asked at recent interviews for this campaign? Would be very grateful for all any advice. TIA

Ellejay covered this already - have a look here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Angelwings8

Hi all, I'm half way through the recruitment stage with NRS for hse and because the cyber attack things are at a standstill, does anyone know or have an idea how long they will be back up and running.
    Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skidmarkoner

Probably allready covered but I received the security clearance forms today and they all appear to be print and fill out by hand. Has anyone just edited them and sent back filled in on word?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭LazyClouds

I finally got an interview for Dublin, but in the meantime I've actually started a fulltime CO job in another civil service organisation (it was advertised on public jobs but it's separate from the CO competition)

I'm going to do the interview but is it even worth starting a different CO job? Should I say in the interview that I'm a CO already and I'll only take the job if it's in a better department? Will they even care? Are people often in this boat?

Probably allready covered but I received the security clearance forms today and they all appear to be print and fill out by hand. Has anyone just edited them and sent back filled in on word?

Yeah I just filled them in on the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭oopsies

When do you find out where the vacancy is located? Before or after the interview?

I applied and forgot about it last year and just got a message from public jobs about an interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

Can anyone advise is it a general thing to get a call from HR to see how you are getting on? A friend of mine started a month ago in Equality in DCEIY and
    he got an email to have a chat about how he is getting on? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭claregal1

Steyr 556 wrote: »

Hi , Can I ask how long between interview and receiving the clearance forms were you waiting?
    And also do you find out what dept you ate been assigned to when you get the clearance forms ?
    Thanks

• Advertisement

claregal1 wrote: »
    Hi , Can I ask how long between interview and receiving the clearance forms were you waiting?
    And also do you find out what dept you ate been assigned to when you get the clearance forms ?
    Thanks

My interview was 13th of April, got the results 3 days later. Was contacted 27th of May to provide clearance documents (reference, e-vetting, ID docs).

No idea what department I've been assigned to (or if I will be assigned at all :pac::eek:) just waiting to hear back as I've only submitted all requested documents yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭claregal1

My interview was 13th of April, got the results 3 days later. Was contacted 27th of May to provide clearance documents (reference, e-vetting, ID docs).

No idea what department I've been assigned to (or if I will be assigned at all :pac::eek:) just waiting to hear back as I've only submitted all requested documents yesterday.
    Thanks a mill for the response. I only got interview results Monday so probably have a while to wait so for Clearance .

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Smithca!

Hey everyone.
    Has anyone any info on Court services??

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jood10

Limerick finally moving just got a message to say they are now interviewing and to express an interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭xxsammyxx085

claregal1 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill for the response. I only got interview results Monday so probably have a while to wait so for Clearance .

I got my interview results over a month ago and have heard nothing since!

Smithca! wrote: »
    Hey everyone.
    Has anyone any info on Court services??

Can be a bit hit and miss so I'm told. Some people seem to like it others not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hi123

Can be a bit hit and miss so I'm told. Some people seem to like it others not so much.

Hit and miss ?? In what way. Do you know the location of the positions.

Hi123 wrote: »
    Hit and miss ?? In what way. Do you know the location of the positions.

I'm afraid anything I've heard is just off the cuff remarks from the odd civil servant here and there. Go into it with an open mind. Some people I've come across really like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Smithca!

Yeah any idea of location please..??

I would have thought the Courts. There's quite a few at the CCJ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Angela64

Any news on Batch and OOM for Dublin. I interviewed on 4th May, it feels like forever waiting for news.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ah91

Hi, going to do this 2mrw also. for the garda vetting form, can I ask did you send a photo of 2 forms of ID or do they require this? I know we have tick which forms of ID we will be providing on the form, but it's not clear whether we send them with the form or not??

Ah91 wrote: »
    Hi, going to do this 2mrw also. for the garda vetting form, can I ask did you send a photo of 2 forms of ID or do they require this? I know we have tick which forms of ID we will be providing on the form, but it's not clear whether we send them with the form or not??

It’s one piece of photographic evidence - I included my passport and birth certificate. One needs a photo of you.

You need scanned copies of the documents, or else a very good, crisp, well lit photo of your documents. Make it look scanned - no shadow or any other blemish visible and straight dimensions and then don’t mention it’s a photo.

I would suggest looking up sending them as PDFs.

Attach the documents in the returning email so you will have three word docs and then two PDFs as your ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 telebingo94

Jood10 wrote: »
    Limerick finally moving just got a message to say they are now interviewing and to express an interest.

What number are they on in Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Jood10

What number are they on in Limerick?

I'm not sure what number they're interviewing at the minute but I'm OOM 105 and I got that message yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭xxsammyxx085

It’s one piece of photographic evidence - I included my passport and birth certificate. One needs a photo of you.

You need scanned copies of the documents, or else a very good, crisp, well lit photo of your documents. Make it look scanned - no shadow or any other blemish visible and straight dimensions and then don’t mention it’s a photo.

I would suggest looking up sending them as PDFs.

Attach the documents in the returning email so you will have three word docs and then two PDFs as your ID.

I have an app on my phone called Adobe Scan and it scans them in as PDF's

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Good luck Lady

Does any know what batch number and OOM number they are at for Co Dublin. Waiting 5 weeks so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Saz1984

Are clerical officer positions really secure? A lot of the work could be done by robots, is that something we need to worry about in our lifetime?

Saz1984 wrote: »
    Are clerical officer positions really secure? A lot of the work could be done by robots, is that something we need to worry about in our lifetime?

A lot of the work could have been done by software since the 80s. It hasn't stopped the civil service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭EmmetWhitey

Has anyone here any experience of how long the wait was from PAS informing you that you have been placed and hearing from the internal HR Department? I received my placement nearly 2.5 weeks ago have heard nothing since?

Advertisement