Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭eplady2017

https://twitter.com/MagdaDavitt77/status/1400912214874329093?s=20

I wonder now that 1 of the only 3-4 acts announced has announced her retirement will they finally put us out of our misery...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Hoboo

eplady2017 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MagdaDavitt77/status/1400912214874329093?s=20

I wonder now that 1 of the only 3-4 acts announced has announced her retirement will they finally put us out of our misery...

When tickets sell out again. Rinse repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭fafy

Eod100 wrote: »
    Yeah it's the uncertainty which is most frustrating at this stage. At least people could make other plans if it's definitely not going ahead

The only uncertainty, is when it will it be cancelled, but i’d say less than 2 weeks from now. Have tickets for EP, and accepted months ago, it won’t happen this year, happy to be going in 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

fafy wrote: »
    The only uncertainty, is when it will it be cancelled, but i’d say less than 2 weeks from now. Have tickets for EP, and accepted months ago, it won’t happen this year, happy to be going in 2022.

Poorly phrased on my part. Agree it's not going to happen. Meant more about official announcement. Not sure what will change in s few weeks fo would think it would be cancelled sooner rather than later alright unfortunately.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Maybe they are just planning to ghost out of it, like Body and Soul did!

• Advertisement

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4422231847862606&id=897021763716983

If it is going ahead its a different venue or later in the year as Curraghmore House has other plans for the summer months...

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭dodo87

eplady2017 wrote: »
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4422231847862606&id=897021763716983

If it is going ahead its a different venue or later in the year as Curraghmore House has other plans for the summer months...

No different to any other year for the venue

dodo87 wrote: »
    No different to any other year for the venue

I knew they opened to the public but didn't think they opened the Aug Bank Holiday weekend when the festival was on...

What happened there? Checked their site and social media and seems to be no update. Had they just cancelled and refunded all tickets last year instead of postponing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Granite Head

I thought B&S was postponed till September - or am I imagining that - doesn't seem to be any announcement online.

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child,Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & 8Wine, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Fontaines DC, Amble

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

What happened there? Checked their site and social media and seems to be no update. Had they just cancelled and refunded all tickets last year instead of postponing it?

Dunno. Just one day their website stopped being for a music festival and was for other smaller events instead.

Dunno. Just one day their website stopped being for a music festival and was for other smaller events instead.

That's weird. Presume they have refunded anyone with tickets but seems strange they haven't updated any of their accounts or site.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Considering half of Body&Soul is involved with ATN, its no surprises there is no announcement from either.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Considering half of Body&Soul is involved with ATN, its no surprises there is no announcement from either.

B&S officially postponed till 2022. Hopefully ATN don't wait until two weeks before their festival to make an announcement.

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child,Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & 8Wine, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Fontaines DC, Amble

B&S officially postponed till 2022. Hopefully ATN don't wait until two weeks before their festival to make an announcement.

Was it officially announced anywhere?

Was it officially announced anywhere?

Got an email this afternoon;

'It’s hard to believe that another summer solstice will come and go without us being able to host the Body & Soul Festival in Ballinlough Castle. Needless to say, there will be no festival again this June due to ongoing restrictions in place and we won’t be hosting a virtual event in its place.

Gathering like-minded people and fusing creativity with purpose is what sets us alight, so we have decided to sit it out until we can truly gather people in the flesh and unleash our imagination across the woodland, and walled gardens of our festival home. Until then - we will continue to dream, plot and scheme up what our festival of the future looks and feels like. In this world of ambiguity, there are few certainties. But we are committed to lighting up the solstice skies in 2022 and delivering the mother of all celebrations.

We appreciate that everyone is dealing with a myriad of complexity and financial strain, so please know that you can still avail of a refund by filling out the following form HERE. May we ask that you do so by June 30th, 2021, so we know where we stand for the year ahead.

For those of you who wish to keep your tickets for 2022 - we can’t wait to welcome you to what will be our 13th anniversary (Hell Yeah).

And to each and every one of you - what a year, what a ride. Thanks for standing by us over the years. We will all come to the other side, dust ourselves down and return to what really matters. Hugs, friendship, a sense of community and a fire in the belly to make the world a better place.

Refund Information:
    You will receive an email to confirm your refund has been processed and once actioned refunds can take up to 10 days to appear in your bank account - this process is completely automatic and does not require any further action on your behalf. In the event we are unable to refund your card, we will be in contact to make alternative arrangements.

You may apply for a refund until 30th June 2021. Refunds will be processed after the deadline.

All ticket holders who would like to keep their tickets for 2022 don't need to do anything else. Your ticket will remain valid.

With Love,
    From us lot @ Body & Soul'

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

My thinking is that they're stuck between two hard places.
    They can't cancel until the "results" of the "pilot" gigs are out. However, they know that the "pilot" events are absolutely, at this point, useless, in determining whether they can commence.

Last night's event told people absolutely nothing about the return to live events. It's a waste of a month--two weeks to organise and hold it, two weeks to wait and see if we get a spike of something, which cannot be measured. It's not possible to determine anything after last night. So now we wait for the "gig" in the Park.
    My opinion is that they are determined that events will not take place to ANY degree of normality this year. In order for me to be wrong, it would require an immense "leap of faith" from out under the bed from our "leaders" to change this, particularly as there is no recognised plan should these events succeed. (There should plans now to say that we will go 10,000 in early July or go straight to 20,000 in August should the 3,500 Park gig succeed. Testing should be taking place.)

At this moment, the government and their leaders are only paying lip service...still.

So, I feel for ATN, I think they have it difficult.

Last night's event told people absolutely nothing about the return to live events.

The one thing that was apparent from last night's event was the considerable number of staff required to ensure that the event is Covid safe. Not sure in a festival environment this level of staffing is practical and definitely not viable.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

The one thing that was apparent from last night's event was the considerable number of staff required to ensure that the event is Covid safe. Not sure in a festival environment this level of staffing is practical and definitely not viable.

Yeah, everyone could have had their own personal minder :)

A load of box ticking optics bolix, proves nothing, and totally unviable.

It looks like they are just stringing this out, until July and then release the data findings, and announce the inevitable, which is negative test in advance, or no entry.

This was already extensively done in the UK in a much more comprehensive way, and a very wide variety, of very different crowd situations, from a snooker championship indoor crowd, to a 3,000 packed crowd in Liverpool -Sefton Park, with no social distancing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Hey folks, so I tired booking a tour of the house and gardens in Curraghmore on that weekend and I inquired about the fact that there is supposed to be a festival on that same weekend, here’s was what was communicated to me, “A decision on this will be made soon but I can provisionally book you in on that weekend.” That coupled with the fact that there was zero in terms of funding given to ATN in today’s announcement means this ain’t happening this year for sure now imo.

Hey folks, so I tired booking a tour of the house and gardens in Curraghmore on that weekend and I inquired about the fact that there is supposed to be a festival on that same weekend, here’s was what was communicated to me, “A decision on this will be made soon but I can provisionally book you in on that weekend.” That coupled with the fact that there was zero in terms of funding given to ATN in today’s announcement means this ain’t happening this year for sure now imo.

Ah writing was on wall but feck it anyway. Roll on next year sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

That coupled with the fact that there was zero in terms of funding given to ATN in today’s announcement means this ain’t happening this year for sure now imo.
    On a slightly brighter note, there was 423k given to POD for:
    Meadows festival, A specially designed open-air social distant summer series of music, performance spoken word, comedy and more

Plus 528k to Aiken for "Vicar St performances over the summer to support artists and bands and backroom staff"

so at least there's some money going to support the people involved with ATN, and some events on the horizon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Di they miss a trick not rescheduling it to later like electric picnic? Could have taken the weekend that EP has moved it to. I think any later and would be risking it being too cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Mimon wrote: »
    Di they miss a trick not rescheduling it to later like electric picnic? Could have taken the weekend that EP has moved it to. I think any later and would be risking it being too cold.

ATN should reschedule theirs on EP's traditional dates, if their capacity is trimmed it could do it.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

ATN should reschedule theirs on EP's traditional dates, if their capacity is trimmed it could do it.

And government should make the Monday a bank holiday :)

On a slightly brighter note, there was 423k given to POD for:
    Meadows festival, A specially designed open-air social distant summer series of music, performance spoken word, comedy and more

Plus 528k to Aiken for "Vicar St performances over the summer to support artists and bands and backroom staff"

so at least there's some money going to support the people involved with ATN, and some events on the horizon.

581 k for Aikens,
    I noticed that Aikens got the biggest individual amount on the list, but MCD got about the same when you add what they got as MCD, to the separate grant for their venue the Olympia, so they also netted 581k ish

https://www.rte.ie/documents/news/2021/06/lpss-final-list-of-grantees.pdf

Tbf, a great and even spread across the country

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Hoboo

fafy wrote: »
    581 k for Aikens,
    I noticed that Aikens got the biggest individual amount on the list, but MCD got about the same when you add what they got as MCD, to the separate grant for their venue the Olympia, so they also netted 581k ish

https://www.rte.ie/documents/news/2021/06/lpss-final-list-of-grantees.pdf

Tbf, a great and even spread across the country

I wouldn't call it even when you consider MCD have been creaming tens of millions at overpriced gigs for years with little to no competition. They can survive no problem. Denis Desmond is worth over 200m ffs, there are far more worthy and needy companies literally going under while he sits on a yacht.

• Advertisement

Can't understand why the absolute silence from ATN at this point. With EP being pushed back everyone and their mother's know ATN won't go ahead.. Yet zero communication...

Advertisement