Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got a confirmed vaccine appointment - Post your age and appointment date

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pat_bottom

Inquitus wrote: »
    I have to say it seemed to work as my arm was a lot less sore than my wifes as far as we could ascertain.

Ahhh Mrs Bottoms arm is seemingly gonna fall off its so sore :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

ForestFire wrote: »
    Hello All,

Due my Vaccine tomorrow, but if anyone can help me with what the screening questions are?

I was not well this Sunday, and got a COVID test done Monday and just received my negative result this morning.

But are they going to ask tomorrow in the vaccine center, if I had any symptoms recently?
    Will this impact getting the vaccine?
    Even if I have the negative result today?

Or will I just say nothing and get the jab when I can!!

They don't ask about recent covid tests. They ask if you've had covid within the past few months. 3 I think. As a poster on here was turned away.
    A negative test is not relevant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    I understand how the process works regarding registration, thanks.

In reality 30 year olds are about 2 months off getting actual jabs. Even if they registered today, theres 10 years worth to finish first.

Announching how many people by age are ACTUALLY vaccinated is more meaningful (and truthful) then announcing (as donnelly has done twice in 2 days on twitter) who is "soon" allowed to put their name in a database to join a queue to get a text to wait to get a vaccine.

My complaint is about govt spin, not a misunderstanding on how the process works.

Also "soon" is meaningless. Why bother saying anything if you dont have firm information you can even give people? Because spin, that's why.

Anyway , I'm dragging this thread off topic, I'm not saying anymore on it.

Let's say the open the portal to 30-39 year olds by the end of the week and do the descending age method they've used already where a certain age can start registering on a certain day (People born in 1982 can register on Friday, people born in 1983 can register on Saturday, etc.), 30 year olds would be able to register by Sunday and have their vaccinations within 3 weeks all going well with them being fully vaccinated within the two months.

Can't see where you're getting your two months before they even get a first jab logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Got my first Pfizer shot an hour ago ....

Next dose 3 weeks ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Enduro wrote: »
    Does anyone happen to know for sure if any of the south Dublin MVCs (Citywest, UCD, Aviva) are doing Pfizer today?

They tell you on your appointment text what vaccine you're going to get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

Got my appointment last Friday for today in the Helix (Pfizer). The missus has been absolutely unflexible with her work schedule and so I've had to reschedule it as I can't leave our 4 year old with anyone. To say I'm annoyed is an understatement.

Is there even an older cousin who could sit in the car with her. Then you could approach one of the volunteers and ask to be fast tracked.
    Also they don't seem to be too worried about the time so could you go early and your wife go into work late.
    Or a playschool pals mum. Most people would be happy to help for an hour or two. An older kid on the road who is finished secondary school?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

Just bear in mind that the current cohort is way larger than anything that will follow or preceded it and is also very present in the cities.

The single largest year of birth is 1979 and the band of ages around that basically Ireland's baby boom generation and most populous group.

When you start to get beyond the mid 80s the birth rate declined and you'll see things moving faster into the 20s as there are just fewer of them.

Many continental countries' populations are more skewed towards the post war baby boom in the 1950s and early 60s. Ours is skewed more towards the beginning of the 1980s.

Pfizer Covid Distribution Centre vaccine email offering a vaccine came to the work email Friday evening, Registered Sunday evening as the closing date was 10am Monday.

First Pfizer jab next Wednesday (28 years old)

Getting it as I am a contractor who is on site quite frequently but not there 5 days a week.

Have both dates organised via online portal.

Great relief

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭aratsarse101

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Got my first Pfizer shot an hour ago ....

Next dose 3 weeks ..

I thought it was 4 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Age 40

Registered 6th June

Text Received today

1st Pfizer 21st June (Monday) Dundalk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

I thought it was 4 weeks?
    He is in Spain, where it is a 3 week gap for Pfizer doses, 4 weeks for Moderna.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Mgit

beardo81 wrote: »
    Age 40

Registered 6th June

Text Received today

That is really annoying, same age and location and no text, other half is 42 and no text either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

beardo81 wrote: »
    Age 40

Registered 6th June

Text Received today

Good news to see the lower ages starting in some spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Whereisgerry?

I know a good few 41 /42 year olds got appointments for the Fairways in Dundalk this morning. The appointments are for Monday. Check the website if you are waiting for Louth as most didn't get texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Sideview

43 (born 1978)

Registered on June 2nd
    Notified last Friday, 11th June.

Appointment was today, June 16th in DCU, Helix

Took ~1hr in total from moment I arrived to leaving. That included 15mins after vaccine.
    Very friendly, efficient operation.

Does everyone in a particular centre get the same vaccine that day? Seemed to be a lot of older people when I was there. I'd imagine there could be confusion/extra logistics though if there were different vaccines being given out in same centre on the one day. Would make sense for all to be getting the one type.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Enduro

They tell you on your appointment text what vaccine you're going to get.

I'm due my *second* Pfizer jab. Friday will be 28 days. No text has arrived yet. I won't be able to make it on Friday, or for the following week as it happens, so will likely be a week overdue at minimum as a result. I will head along to one of the MVC centres to see if they were willing to jab me today if I knew that Pfizer was being given out. If they're not willing, that's obviously absolutely fine, but I see no harm in asking, especially if they have any extra doses at the end of the day as a result of no shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 david200

harr wrote: »
    I was also asked if I had covid previous and if I had any covid symptoms or a covid test in the last 14 days

I think they also asked if you have had any other Vaccine (for any condition) in the past 14 days

I'm due my *second* Pfizer jab. Friday will be 28 days. No text has arrived yet. I won't be able to make it on Friday, or for the following week as it happens, so will likely be a week overdue at minimum as a result. I will head along to one of the MVC centres to see if they were willing to jab me today if I knew that Pfizer was being given out. If they're not willing, that's obviously absolutely fine, but I see no harm in asking, especially if they have any extra doses at the end of the day as a result of no shows.

I guess you should have heard by now if they were going to call you on Friday. I was told when I got 1st dose that I would be contacted in the week leading up to it sometime for dose 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Now I'm finally first dose vaccinated, just thinking ahead to dose no.2. For anyone vaccinated after 1 June (everyone 45 and under pretty much), dose no.2 will fall after primary schools have closed. Its an age group that will have a lot of parents of young kids so they are all going to be holidaying (domestically) in an 8 week window starting end of June. Long story short, lots and lots of second doses clashing with holidays. I hope they have thought ahead to this. If you refuse one day, no point after you the next day, etc. I wonder will they allow you by then to get second doses by appointment in convenient pharmacies? Gonna be messy if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,078 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

david200 wrote: »
    I think they also asked if you have had any other Vaccine (for any condition) in the past 14 days

Yes they do . A friend of mine was turned away because she had tetanus jab 9 days previous. They re scheduled her for 16 days after the tetanus jab

This was 8 weeks ago when the portal opened and no question were asked until you were at the venue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Enduro

Exactly wrote: »
    I guess you should have heard by now if they were going to call you on Friday. I was told when I got 1st dose that I would be contacted in the week leading up to it sometime for dose 2.

Yeah, Friday, AND saturday, sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday and thursday I will be unable to make it. Hence why I'd see if I could get in slightly early if it was a possibilty.

Question stands... does anyone happen to know if citywest, Aviva or UCD are doing Pfizer today.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,078 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Yeah, Friday, AND saturday, sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday and thursday I will be unable to make it. Hence why I'd see if I could get in slightly early if it was a possibilty.

Question stands... does anyone happen to know if citywest, Aviva or UCD are doing Pfizer today.

If its any help I know City West are doing Pfizer tomorrow afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Sideview wrote: »
    43 (born 1978)

Registered on June 2nd
    Notified last Friday, 11th June.

Appointment was today, June 16th in DCU, Helix

Took ~1hr in total from moment I arrived to leaving. That included 15mins after vaccine.
    Very friendly, efficient operation.

Does everyone in a particular centre get the same vaccine that day? Seemed to be a lot of older people when I was there. I'd imagine there could be confusion/extra logistics though if there were different vaccines being given out in same centre on the one day. Would make sense for all to be getting the one type.

They refer to them as clinics and how many clinics you get in a day can vary

You could have one centre doing a moderna clinic on a monday and tuesday and then on wednesday they could do Pfizer in the Morning and AZ in the Afternoon/evening

I've heard of one centre where they started on Pfizer in the morning and had switched to J&J by midday but there wasn't enough J&J to go around so they had to open a vial from their previous days Moderna clinic for the last 20 or so in the queue, so technically that was 3 clinics in one day

But more often than not it's 1 a day and sometimes 2

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Text Received: 16th June

Vaccination Date: 26th June, Portlaoise (Pfizer-BioNTech)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭questionmark?

InitialG wrote: »
    Pfizer Covid Distribution Centre vaccine email offering a vaccine came to the work email Friday evening, Registered Sunday evening as the closing date was 10am Monday.

First Pfizer jab next Wednesday (28 years old)

Getting it as I am a contractor who is on site quite frequently but not there 5 days a week.

Have both dates organised via online portal.

Great relief

Wonder will people like you get added to the overall total of jabs provided in the country. Considering its all employees and immediate family(?) its likely to be a few thousand people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Is there a particular time of day for the texts or do they come out as-and-when the system gets to you? Also wondering if the online portal updates ahead of the text.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Speaking as a 42 year old from Dublin, it's hilarious to see other 41/42/43 year olds from Dublin completely losing their s**t here about not getting an appointment yet. They're going as fast as the supplies are coming in, fair play to them. It's not their fault your ma and da were riding at the same time as about 100,000 other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭redved

spockety wrote: »
    Speaking as a 42 year old from Dublin, it's hilarious to see other 41/42/43 year olds from Dublin completely losing their s**t here about not getting an appointment yet. They're going as fast as the supplies are coming in, fair play to them. It's not their fault your ma and da were riding at the same time as about 100,000 other people.
    I don’t see any one completely losing their **** and it’s an entirely natural response to what to get the vaccine as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭XsApollo

XsApollo wrote: »
    Registered a few days ago.

40 years old
    Appointment on Wednesday AM

Moderna

Pretty quick

Got done this morning in the west county hotel Ennis.
    Excellent service, ran smoothly, no hassle.

• Advertisement

redved wrote: »
    I don’t see any one completely losing their **** and it’s an entirely natural response to what to get the vaccine as soon as possible.

And they will get it as soon as possible.

Advertisement